Rosie's "View" Not the Prettiest Picture

8/31/2006 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric's not the only high-profile female TV personality with airbrush issues – Rosie O'Donnell says she's recently had the retouch treatment as well. In a new ABC promo photo for the new season of "The View," Rosie appears with her co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, and Barbara Walters, and though she seems to be in relatively normal proportion to the other "View"-ers, the gab queen says she's been slimmed by the hand of Photoshop magic. "Look at the amount of white space/between my arm and body/barbara and elisabeth seem to vanish/there in my underarm," writes Rosie, giving her best forensic analysis on her blog at rosie.com

What's more, she tells Glamour magazine that she's letting her hair grow "long and luxurious" to allay concerns that her tight crop of recent years (especially the Flock of Seagulls look) might be too "gay" for the audience of "The View." Fortunately for all of us, O'Donnell promises that her locks henceforth won't be "scary."

Of course, as the photographic evidence has shown, butch doesn't have to equal "scary" – or gnarly. Halle Berry and Natalie Portman are just two of Hollywood's beauties that have made short look hot.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

My two cents

I have a question for all here: What is it that Rosie has done that makes some of you completely disrespect her. She is a complete advocate for children (geez!! good for her!!) and has never done anything that warrants some of these postings. Some of you just really need to get a life here!!

kathryn

She wears underwear with d*ckholes in them.....Dave Chappelle!

New One

Look anyone else seeing the cow in the midst of the blonds?

oh please

Why don't they airbrush her all the way out? Poof - gone.

liz

What's the big deal?

They, whoever "they" are, have been doctoring photos since day 1. The only difference is that it's easier and cheaper to do it now than it was 50 or 60 years ago, but don't doubt for one minute that doctoring photos and film footage has always been common.

DESERT RAT

KEEP AIRBRUSHING...............

YA KNOW I THOUGHT FOR SURE SHE WOULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE FIRST SHOW. WISHFUL THINKING.

IM GONA WATCH THE TRAIN WRECK. "CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT."
BLAH *BLAH* BLAH* I CANT HELP IT. I GOTTA ...I JUST GOTTA.

liz

It's not like all the woman weren't airbrushed in this publicity photo. I doubt that any of them look this good in real life. They certainly don't look this good on the small screen.

swerds

Perhaps once she has a steady day job again, she won't have time for blogging?

Wanda

I think that all those men writing the slams against Rosie must have really little you know what! self-esteem!! How boring their lives must be. Are all these people really interested in a person's sex life? Give us a break! I don't care what Rosie does in her private life, but when I turn on the TV I want ot be entertained and ROSIE entertains!

SICK IGNORANCE

What I would like to know when are they going to replace Star Jones. They need someone with some color in there. Who wants to hear these dead heads for a hour.

rob

How about everyone stop being so mean to them before the show even starts. Rosie is really smart, funny, and entertaining. She is entitled to her opinions. Elisabeth is not a dummy. I am looking forward to watching the show. Good luck girls!

DSJ

Note to Rosie: It is not the hair that is making you look gay.

Denise

To all the people who say they need Rosie to balance out Elisabeth and all of her conservative view, what do you consider a balance? The entire cast with the exception of Elisabeth is ULTRA LIBERAL> Elisabeth is the only reason I watch and the others are very irrevant and disrespectful and Rosie will certainly fit in with them

Bob

I totally agree with Wanda. What her sexual preferences are is her own business.

She's a no-talent big mouth no matter what she does in private.

Bill Spahr

I'd like to see Joy leave, she's better than "theView". Then they could hire Roseanne to complete the set of idiots.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments