Rosie's "View" Not the Prettiest Picture

8/31/2006 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric's not the only high-profile female TV personality with airbrush issues – Rosie O'Donnell says she's recently had the retouch treatment as well. In a new ABC promo photo for the new season of "The View," Rosie appears with her co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, and Barbara Walters, and though she seems to be in relatively normal proportion to the other "View"-ers, the gab queen says she's been slimmed by the hand of Photoshop magic. "Look at the amount of white space/between my arm and body/barbara and elisabeth seem to vanish/there in my underarm," writes Rosie, giving her best forensic analysis on her blog at rosie.com

What's more, she tells Glamour magazine that she's letting her hair grow "long and luxurious" to allay concerns that her tight crop of recent years (especially the Flock of Seagulls look) might be too "gay" for the audience of "The View." Fortunately for all of us, O'Donnell promises that her locks henceforth won't be "scary."

Of course, as the photographic evidence has shown, butch doesn't have to equal "scary" – or gnarly. Halle Berry and Natalie Portman are just two of Hollywood's beauties that have made short look hot.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Florence

I don't remember anybody airbrushing Star Jones in her fatter days. Could it be that the producers of the View are trying their best to make Rosie fit in? If you ask me,"Everthing is not coming up rosie" at the View. Barbara Walters has made Rosie as beige in color as her and Elizabeth...it's too painful to watch, you know like a train wreck!

Carolyn Toczek

I don't know about you but I AM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT ROSIE'S KIDS! I don't give a hoot about her kids! And I want Star back! She had class--something that Rosie doesn't have and never will.

Carol Johnson

I only tuned in on the first day, but thought Rosie livened up the show, and made
Barbara laugh -- I thought it was an improvement. She did talk a little too much, however, but she was probably nervous from her reputation when she left TV a few years back.

SCOTTIE

I THINK ROSIE DID A WOUNDERFUL JOB AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE GIRLS! ROSIE IS A WOUNDERFUL PERSON AND BELONGS WITH SUCH A WOUNDERFUL GROUP OF GIRLS! I WATCHED THE VIEW FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW. I LOVED IT THEN AND LOVE IT EVEN MORE NOW. ALL YOU WHO ARE HATEING IS JUST JEALOUS, SO GET OVER IT, ROSIE IS HERE TO STAY AND THE VIEW WELL BE BIGGER THAN EVER!!!

Emaleea

I will no longer watch the view because of Rosie. I don't care what she looks like or what her sexual preference might be, but I do care about how Anti-American she seems. I was watching the other day andshe bashed our president, bashed our efforts in Iraq, and was very demeaning to the military. My husband is returning from Iraq next week after serving for 16 months, and I found her comments so hurtful. I absolutely will not watch the view again. I can understand that she might oppose the war, but this show is not the place to be so political. I want to watch a light-hearted show in the morning and not feel so much hate going on. Maybe she should run her own radio show opposite of Rush Limbaugh or something.

barbara

Rosie O'Donnell, you are so off base saying Christian right is radical. Followers of the Bible, which is God's law book, and if they are faithful to His word are not permitted to be radical. God looks on anything like that as sin. TRY READING THE BIBLE AND THEN RECANT YOUR COMMENTS! I am sick and tired of people attacking the Christian right, everything that is happening today is in the Bible. There isn't anything that goes on in this world that we are not privy. It is non-believers like you that are the cause of what is happening in this world. Anyone who does not follow Jesus, is a follower of Satan and he is the one who is responsible for what is going on in this world. So please do not call us radical. We are God's children, chosen by Him. READ THE BIBLE AND YOU WILL GET THE ANSWERS! Please see that she gets this comment.

Arlene Frances

Is anybody out there listening...can you even hear the viewers comments above the mouth that does not need amplification.

Arlene Frances

YES ! RADICAL FOR GOD'S WORD ABOVE ALL...
BETTER TO BE RIGHTLY ALIGNED WITH GOD'S
WORD THAN TO BE LEFT...READ THE BOOK !

Arlene Frances

Rosie's comments about the suits the Il Divo guys are wearing was simply "CLASSLESS" but, that's rosie...

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15