Rosie's "View" Not the Prettiest Picture

8/31/2006 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric's not the only high-profile female TV personality with airbrush issues – Rosie O'Donnell says she's recently had the retouch treatment as well. In a new ABC promo photo for the new season of "The View," Rosie appears with her co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, and Barbara Walters, and though she seems to be in relatively normal proportion to the other "View"-ers, the gab queen says she's been slimmed by the hand of Photoshop magic. "Look at the amount of white space/between my arm and body/barbara and elisabeth seem to vanish/there in my underarm," writes Rosie, giving her best forensic analysis on her blog at rosie.com

What's more, she tells Glamour magazine that she's letting her hair grow "long and luxurious" to allay concerns that her tight crop of recent years (especially the Flock of Seagulls look) might be too "gay" for the audience of "The View." Fortunately for all of us, O'Donnell promises that her locks henceforth won't be "scary."

Of course, as the photographic evidence has shown, butch doesn't have to equal "scary" – or gnarly. Halle Berry and Natalie Portman are just two of Hollywood's beauties that have made short look hot.

SUZANNE CAVALIERE

Short hair is Great!
I hope if she does grow it long/she will donate it
for a Cancer Cause/like I just did!

Helen

Rosie entertains? Since when?

Eve Spector

I enjoyed watching The View with Meredith and Star.

I have never been a fan of Rosie O'D and will not be watching The View again.

get a life people

Why do that? She isn't skinny and there isn't anything wrong with her not being.....I can't wait to see her on the view....

Ms Kris

Maybe if they keep airbrushing they can COMPLETELY REMOVE THIS "THING" FROM ANY PHOTO!!!!!

Can we try that people?

Glad I am not a fan of "The View". I only watch it when a celebrity of interest is on.

Oh, since when did "man's hair cuts on women" look hot? Since never.......

I have seen clips from that "song & dance"number they did for the show. Thanks "The Soup" on E!. Laugh your head off so bad!!!!

This "person" comes on & it becomes "it's" show? Excuse me.

Some of the comments "this person' makes if someone said them to "it" "it" would complain & NOT accept them.

"IT" made all those comments about Star being dishonest. "IT" know a LOT about that since they were dishonest for years as we did not COME CLEAN to the public about which way "it" swang". I am certainly no fan of Star's but this "person" needs to look in the mirror & ask "itself" if it has been totally honest in the past.

"It" just makes me ill!!

Arlene

Rosie is the only reason I will be watching.

DANA

ROSIE THINKS THAT PEOPLE CARE ABOUT WHAT SHE THINKS OR HAS T SAY SAY BUT GUESS WHAT R.O.S.I.E WE DONT. THE ONLY THINKG YOUR MOUTH IS GOOD FOR IS TAKING CARE OF YOU GIRLFRIEND/WIFE. THATS IF YOU CAN KEEP IT CLOSED LONG ENOUGH.

cindy owens

I THINK ROSIE IS AWESOME SHE WILL GIVE THE SHOW FRESH AIR ANY MANY NEW TOPICS TO DISCUSS

allison

"Halle Berry and Natalie Portman are just two of Hollywood's beauties that have made short look hot."
Yeah, but Halle and Natalie are beautiful to begin with. And its quite funny that she's okay with being photoshop'd to give the ILLUSION that she lost weight. Star Jones really lost it through surgery.. but lost it nonetheless. And Rosie publically bashed her over it.
The nerve... tsk tsk tsk.

homegirl101

#15, You should be photo "shot " ....air brushed off the earth ..you sound stupid....make no sense....and you don't have a show....get out of here... go to the white trash...blog and try to make sense there....or get back in school......try a major in English..........minor in sense.............try third grade for starters....wow...what an idiot

Pat

Barbara Walters was so busy trying to disgrace and destroy Star Jones, she has managed to disgrace and destroy the View. I have never seen such passive- agressive behavior displayed by someone in an executive position. I don't think poor Elzabeth has a chance, she is the only one with sophistication, morales and class on the show. They can prep Ms. Rosie all they want, she is still just another loud mouth taking up space on that sofa. Meredith maybe to much of a lady to admit she is happy she got out, before the defication got on her. I hope Ms. Walters gets back every thing she deserves and fines that rocking chair soon! I hope Rosie investigates the many surgical procedures available to assist in weight reduction, so she will not need air brushing in the futrue, or simply push away from the table.

allison

#23 Denise...
I'm not a big fan of Elisabeth myself, but I agree with you completely otherwise. She is the only one with conservative values. Star was the only other one who was like that and she's gone.
Elisabeth will be outnumbered until they can get another person to join which, hopefully, will then balance it out.
Maybe before the show is cancelled altogether. (I wont be watching to find out).

sean

they should get andie mcdowell to replace star then rosie could go back to being a retard. guffawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEANI

PERSONALLY, I THINK ROSIE IS A VERY FUNNY OUTSPOKEN PERSON, HERE COMES THE BUT, SHE WOULD NOT BE MY FIRST CHOICE TO REPLACE STARR!
MY CHOICES WOULD BE, FIONAL HUGHES, THE GAL ON ONE LIFE TO LIVE, "EVANGELINE", RINNA "MARRIED TO MARK HAMIL", HOW ABOUT SOMEONE ASIAN, TO ROUND OUT THE ETHNIC GROUP LIKE CONNIE CHUNG....YOU'VE GOT A COMIC, JOY, WHY ANOTHER BARBARA?.......ACTUALLY, WHY NOT A YOUNG FASCINATING YOUNG MAN LIKE, JEFF PROBST?...

JEANI