Rosie's "View" Not the Prettiest Picture

8/31/2006 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric's not the only high-profile female TV personality with airbrush issues – Rosie O'Donnell says she's recently had the retouch treatment as well. In a new ABC promo photo for the new season of "The View," Rosie appears with her co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, and Barbara Walters, and though she seems to be in relatively normal proportion to the other "View"-ers, the gab queen says she's been slimmed by the hand of Photoshop magic. "Look at the amount of white space/between my arm and body/barbara and elisabeth seem to vanish/there in my underarm," writes Rosie, giving her best forensic analysis on her blog at rosie.com

What's more, she tells Glamour magazine that she's letting her hair grow "long and luxurious" to allay concerns that her tight crop of recent years (especially the Flock of Seagulls look) might be too "gay" for the audience of "The View." Fortunately for all of us, O'Donnell promises that her locks henceforth won't be "scary."

Of course, as the photographic evidence has shown, butch doesn't have to equal "scary" – or gnarly. Halle Berry and Natalie Portman are just two of Hollywood's beauties that have made short look hot.

George Jenkins

Why not airbrush her all the way out?

sid kolby

who gives a flying $%#^&* so Rosie this or that, she is a has been, period, end of story. Next!

Chris

I've lived long enough to know that there is always a story behind the story. I'm sorry to hear about Rosie being rude to a child. I wasn't there so I don't know the whole picture...but it certainly sounds untypical. I'm thinking, as I read the posts, that it is apparently OK in America to say foul things about people's weight and to express disgust about people who aren't attractive to the writer. Wasn't it Dr. King who talked about judging people "by the content of their character"? A person's character shows in what he/she feels free to write in a forum like this. I guess there are some really sick, angry and cruel people out there. How sad for this country.

Lynn Shoop

Ms Kris,

Who made you the Grand Poobah?

Rosie is a great lady who has done a lot of wonderful things for the world. Do some research and quit being such a bitch.

Love ya Rosie!!
mipretty@aol.com

C MARIE

The only thing that would improve the View would be a group of young, hot scantily clad muscle bound men discussing all the things men can do to pamper their women...
Rosie always looks like she just took a sniff of cow manure...What is wrong with her face in pictures?
Bottom line is the View sucks and shouldnt last long ....

Charlie Howard

Who cares ?

EDIE

APPARENTLLY YOU MUST OF SNIFFED SOME COW MANURE IF YOU KNOW WHAT A FACE LOOKS LIKE AFTER SNIFFING IT.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR C MARIE

Bob Fields

If Rosanne Barf can get a few men, why can't Rosie? Those lezzies just strap on a dildoe and pretend one is a man.

Like the old Limerick:
They argued all night as to who had the right
To do what and to how and to whom?

M

I can't wait to hear Rosie and Elisabeth argue!! I am so glad she is on the show for that reason.

tommy

I use to watch this show for the hot topics just to get a womans point of view on issues of the day, I loved Merideth, she is gone, I am glad Starr is gone I was sick of hearing about how she finally landed a man, I thought Lisa Ling was sweet, Joy thinks she is soooo right when she bashes Pres. Bush, but won't shut her pie hole long enough to listen to anyone else,and she is no comedian, I like Elizabeth you can tell she has a good heart, and for a little gal she don't take any crap from the ones that try and bully her and you need Babs to be a ramrod, but Rosie, what a train wreck, she is hard to look at, and I can't stand her politics, I don't think they need two fat non funny left wing comedians, they should have a more pleasant middle of the road replacement.

Peggy Wilson

I think Barbara Walters has sank to a new low. This USED to be a good show. Im not a fan of Stars, but she was a least intellegent and could hold a relatively good conversation worth listening to

Lynn

I have read all your comments, and I only have one thing to say:

Thank God we live in a country where we can watch what we want to on television, and if we don't want to watch a particular show, we have the right and the choice to turn it off.

Can I get an Amen?

writer

The View - now I see how they came up with the name for the show: Vicious, Insensitive, Evil Women. Who cares what any of them think! I don't care to watch a bunch of women whining and talking about "nothing". There are far more important things to do.

dan

I just pooped and it looked just like ROSIE

GEORGIA

WILL NEVER WATCH "THE VIEW " AGAIN....CANT STAND ROSIE.....SHE WILL MAKE THEM HAVE THE LOWEST RATINGS EVER...NO ONE I KNOW THAT WATCHED "THE VIEW" BEFORE WILL WATCH IT NOW. ..A THORN AMOUNG THE ROSES....THATS ROSIE