Exclusive: Video of Ellen/Portia After Car Crash

9/4/2006 1:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video of events immediately after a chain collision in which Ellen DeGeneres was injured.

The accident occurred last Friday, just before 4 p.m. on Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles. Paparazzi from the X17 photo agency were following the 2006 Porsche Carrera in which DeGeneres and girlfriend Portia de Rossi were riding. DeGeneres and the paparazzi (in a Buick behind her) were both stopped at a light, when Jeanne Werber, who was driving a 2002 Porsche Carrera, slammed into the Buick, which in turn slammed into DeGeneres' Porsche.

The video -- shot by an X17 photographer -- shows a clearly-shaken Ellen and Portia getting out of their car after the crash. Ellen is immediately concerned about the lurking danger of gasoline, saying, "I'm worried about a gas leak...be careful about the gas."

One of the paparazzi asks Ellen if she's hurt. Ellen replies, "Yeah, we're kinda hurt." Ellen returns the favor by asking the paparazzo, "Are you alright?"

The back of the Buick looks like an accordion, the trunk seemingly smashed into the back seat.

At the end of the tape, Werber, who apparently caused the crash, is seen talking to an officer, clearly agitated. Werber was arrested and booked on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Ellen complained of neck and back pain. Portia complained of back pain.

TMZ spoke with Jeanne Werber Sunday afternoon. Werber denied she was driving drunk, telling TMZ, "I'm just a normal wife. I went to the grocery store and was going home." She insists, "I will prove I wasn't drunk." Werber claims, "the car in front of me stopped short. I thought it was insurance fraud." Werber was unaware that paparazzi were in the Buick; she was also unaware that DeGeneres and de Rossi were in the Porsche.

An LAPD official tells TMZ that Werber refused to submit to a blood alcohol test. Under California law, such refusal results in an automatic six month license suspension.

The case will be referred to prosecutors this week.

Lou

Does anyone complain about your lack of compassion, you annoying, pubescent person? Let's hope when you've matured you've gleaned some humanity. Imcool is not.

kelley

i hope this won't affect her ability to dance in the beginning of her show!

Lou

And before you make another ignorant remark, Imcool, no, I'm not a lesbian. I'm a 47 year old married mother of two. In that time I've learned to let others live their lives and I'll live mine. Get over your homophobia.

poponthepop.com

I'm more concerned with Ellen and Portia. Portia's still with her?

Well, Ellen is rich, I guess I can't blame her. Thanks for the video.

Tuna

The clips gonna run on Entertainment Tonight and i think they have more cuts or angles when they show it. I think Tues or Wed. It'll be interesting!! I think Ellen may have it on her show as well so we'll have to Tivo that too. I just read about the Erwin guy and that's unfortunate, What a weekend huh? Three Porche pile up in Hollywood and the Crocodile guy gets it in the FREAKIN HEART by a stingray!!!

As for this Imcool person, hey you have every right to express your oppinion. I have no problem with gays and have a live and let live attitude. God may get you back by making one of your kids gay though....just look at Dick Cheney....

carma baby carma....

Tuna

Why nobody talk about the fella in front with the station van? His namo is Ernesto and he has three chilren, why nobody talk to see if he OK? Why you gotta always leave the minority out huh? He may have whipflash or be sofferin from some kindo post dramatic war wound? For God sake did anyone ask to see if the crates of strawberries N avacados in the back of the station van was OK?!?

Livewire

"Hey sugartits, ya ruined Portia's Porsche!!!"

-Ellen Degenerate, overhead screaming to the drunk broad who rammed her from behind, as she dances around the damaged car to the tune of "Baby got back"

coco puff

Hello! Ellen, the engine is in the back of a Porche, stupid. She's worried about gas, please. To bad she and the other dike weren't driving a "75" pinto. I'm hurt, my back and neck hurt, boo hoo! If anyone had injuries it would of been the people in the Buick, c'mon. What a p*ssy!

ronny

One of the reasons I avoid Sunset. People drive like idiots up there. If it's not Paris Hilton and her drunk ass it's some face lifted ol' drunk wife of a movie producer scoring some vodka.

Glad Ellen and Portia are ok.

coco puff

What a couple of lap lickers! You gotta love dem shorts!

Gwen

FYI, Anytime you are around gasoline, you shouldn't be using the cellphone. It could cause a spark which in turn will cause an explosion!

Debbie

Yes that's sad about Steve Irwin, he was cool. I said a prayer for his wife and two kids. But he died doing what he loved !!!!

And that lady knows what she did. Ellen is one of my all time favorites even before she was famous!!! Debbie , Sac , Calif

mikeinpr

Just think, When you make your next trip to Puerto Rico , you can hire the infamous Gringo Mike as your private tour guide. michaelinpr@gmail.com
I'm very sorry to hear about Steve Irwin!

CINDY

I am so sorry to hear about Steve Irwin my heart and prayers go out to his family.God Bless...
I am glad Ellen is ok and her girlfriend...

SICK IGNORANCE

I don't know why they didn't make her take the breath test. Everyone involved in a accident should automatily should have to take it. Maybe that would stop people from drinking and driving. Thank God there were not children involved.

Good bye Steve, Rest in Peace. God be with his family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments