Justin vs. Britney

The Battle Rages On?

9/5/2006 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pop star Justin Timberlake famously put his breakup with Britney Spears to song with his hit "Cry Me a River." But with Justin's new album "FutureSex/LoveSounds" a week away from release, it seems Justin isn't done digging up the past.

justinlyrics_tmz_340-1
In a song on the new album titled, "What Goes Around..." Justin seems to make more references to his former flame. Check out these lyrics and decide for yourself:

"It's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie."

In the song, which is written as if directed towards someone who broke up with him, Justin even intimates at thoughts of marriage:

"You said that you were moving on now,
and maybe I should do the same.
Funny thing about that is
I was ready to give you my name."

And is this a veiled reference to K-Fed?

"You spend your nights alone,
and he never comes home.
And every time you call him
All you get's a busy tone."

Of course, this doesn't necessarily have to be a case of art imitating life (after all, he's got Cameron Diaz now) -- but it sure looks that way.

WTF?

Yeah, she really blew it when she cheated on JT.

Now, K-fug is what she is left with. Too bad for Brit. What goes around, indeed.

Jinxy Cat

So high school.....

kathryn

He was smart enough not to have kids with her.

Krystal

I read in some magazine that the song is really about Elisa Cuthbert... the one that was engaged to his friend Trace... since she cheated on him with some hockey guy... I think that's what I read anyways...

tina

um he's already been on the record saying it is not about britney this time

Slammer

It's like Aristotle going up against Socrates.

duh...totally !

#4

Exactly, I would love to get on TMZ's payroll, staking out Taco Bell for drive-thru photo's, or going threw Tomkat's trash for a sh*tty diaper, or disecting song-lyrics and assuming they are about an ex, or bumper-riding a celeb's car so maybe I could get in an accident w/ them.....the list of opportunites is so never-ending!

ha ha ha !

lauren gooding

If JT was talking about Brit the lyrics would be more like...
I'm glad I got away from your trashy snatch, It looks like you'll never get sexy back

Sillyme

He needs to move on.. Like he's gotta plan for that wedding to Cammy in fifteen years.. har har

ralph me

this is actually about that blond girl that used to be on 24. it is jts bf Tracy's story

My two cents

You just gotta love TMZ! Now we know where most of the celebrity rumors start or are fueled!

jamie

I seriously doubt Justin is still pining after Brittany! Come on give me a break! The girl has represented herself as nothing more than low life common trailer park trash that just happens to have money. No one and especially a class act like Justin is going to be wishing he ended up with that!!!

CoCo

I THINK JT HAS BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN TO CONTINUE TO DEDICATE ANY KIND OF SONGS TO THIS DURRTY WHORE. THE SONG IS ABOUT HIS BFF BEING CHEATED ON. IMAGINE HOW PISSED CAMERON WOULD BE IF THAT SONG WAS FOR BRIT? TMZ GET UR SH*T STRAIGHT!

Sue

I'm sure he's over her. She's such a cow. I get disgusted every time I see a pic of her.

Squeegis

What is going on with all of this FAKE music? Remember when bands wrote and sang their own material? Remember The Beatles, Stones, Dylan?
All of this fake lip synched music is an insult to those that love, play and write the real thing.
Very sick and tired of the Justin Timberlakes, Jessica Simpsons and all that are just like them!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments