Rachel Weisz

Stands By Her Man

9/5/2006 3:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090506_weisz2_wbCritics at the Venice Film Festival were extremely harsh to the Darren Aronofsky film "The Fountain." The audience was apparently left perplexed by the film and even booed the film at a screening.

Rachel Weisz, who co-stars with Hugh Jackman of "X-Men" fame in the film, had this to say to say at a press conference. "I think it's wonderful that this film is so different, I would love to work with Darren again." We hope so, as the beautiful actress has more than a professional interest in the film. She is engaged to Aronofsky and recently gave birth to the couple's son Henry in May.

The film, which chronicles a man trying to find the fountain of youth in order to save his wife, has had its share of production woes. Originally, Brad Pitt was attached to the project. Once Brad left the film, the budget was slashed to $35 million and multiple film studios passed on the project, according to the Hollywood trades.

"The Fountain" will hit theaters November 22nd.

coco puff

I love the pic, she looks like a corpse. I can't stand the british, with there f***ing accent, it makes me sick!

Sue

She's beautiful! I adore the Brits. They are brilliant people, very friendly and classy. The accent is extremely sexy. I would choose a Brit over an American any day. The men over there are so sexy.

the wise old owl

WOW !!! This story really GRABBED EVERYONE'S ATTENTION. NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIDA

2 SAM
I totally agree with you on a part of British accent, I just can't stand it.
So when Keira Something opened her mouth I almost threw up, I hate that accent.
The only person who's accent I can take is Kate Winslet, but that's because I love Titanic too much.
I don't know why but that accent is so horrible, br-r-r..

Trophy Wife

Hey now owl, anything with Hugh Jackman grabs my attention.....

IreallyhateParisHilton

Still going to watch it, I love all the actors in this film, who cares what a bunch of stiff old critics say. Since when have they ever been right about a film?