EXCLUSIVE: PARIS BUSTED FOR DUI

9/7/2006 5:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton after her arrest: Click to watchParis Hilton was arrested in Hollywood early Thursday and charged with driving under the influence.

TMZ has learned LAPD officers noticed Paris driving her Mercedes McLaren SLR erratically at 12:31 AM and stopped her. They believed she exhibited signs of intoxication. We're told they administered a field sobriety test, and Paris blew a .08. In California, driving with a .08 blood alcohol level is the minimum level for DUI.

Paris was arrested and taken to the LAPD Hollywood division, where she was booked. The officers who stopped the car did not know it was Paris Hilton until they approached the vehicle on foot. Police sources say she was cooperative. Paris had a passenger in the car -- Kimberly Stewart, Rod Stewart's daughter.

Nicky Hilton arrives at police station: Click to watchNicky Hilton, her boyfriend, "Entourage" star Kevin Connolly and her publicist Elliot Mintz arrived at the Hollywood police station just before 2 AM PST. A short time later, Paris was released on her own recognizance and allowed to leave (Note: The law enforcement booking document says she posted bail. That is incorrect. She did not).

Cops took a booking photo, which an LAPD spokesperson says will not be released. An LAPD source would not confirm if Paris glammed it up for the camera, but revealed "It doesn't look like Nick Nolte."

Mintz told TMZ that Paris had attended a charity event earlier in the evening. He said she had a single drink -- a margarita -- the entire evening and shortly thereafter she was stopped. She was asked to take a breathalyzer test when she was stopped and cooperated. She took a second test at the station. For the record, TMZ is told Paris is 5'9" and weighs 110 lbs.

TMZ spoke with Paris as she was driving home from jail, stopping for Parliament Lights cigarettes en route. She says she "regrets it occurred," and adds that she has been up for 24 hours, having shot a music video all day. (TMZ had exclusive access to the music video set and our video will be posted in a few hours.) Paris says she had nothing to eat and no rest the entire day.

TMZ spoke with Lt. Russ Wong, the watch commander on duty at the Hollywood station. He tells TMZ Paris received no special treatment, however he acknowledges he did not hold her at the station for the standard minimum of three hours. Lt. Wong says he released her after an hour and a half because a gaggle of paparazzi appeared at the station and posed a significant traffic hazard which he needed to abate. Lt. Wong says it's SOP to release a first-time DUI suspect without bail if a responsible party is there to drive them home -- Elliot Mintz was that party.

Driving under the influence is a misdemeanor. If convicted, the defendant will not be jailed, will be given three months' probation, and will be ordered to enter an alcohol program and will have his or her license restricted for 90 days.<

Mike

Who gives a crap what Paris Hilton does?

mich Ot

Ah....this is a lovely way to start my day, seeing that this hoe is finally starting to pay the consequences for her actions...I love the L.A.P.D.!

george

I am tired of reading all the crap that is written about Paris from people that have no clue As I see her she is a beautiful young lady that has a lot of money but still works That in it self says a lot I think if I were her father I would take the protective stance and fight back for her It would appear that all these people knocking her are either envious of her or just plain jealous I dare say any of them would trade Manolos with her

???

come on guys. who wouldn't be able to blow the minimum limit for DUI after a dinner with a glass of wine. Especially if you are Paris's size. Who wouldn't use their opportunities to get out of jail. your tellng me if you had a friend at the jail you were arrested for you wouldn't ask them to help you out???yeah right!!! Give her a break! What does she really care? she can always use the Hilton driver from this point out. It seems like people attack her because of who she is and it just looks like everyone resents her because of what she was born into. Why so out to get the poor girl. I am not this huge fan but, you guys that hate her seem to be keeping her in the news. I feel bad for her. She's not doing anything nasty to people and does much much charity work so why all the hate. sounds like jealousy. Not the best role model for girls I will agree with but, what celebrity is these days??? Heck, our president has gotten Dui's and has done cocaine. OUR PRESIDENT and you guys are worried about PAris???

roberta

HELLLLLO???? "Paris as she was DRIVING home from jail, stopping for Parliament Lights cigarettes en route".....was she not just arerested for DUI? puhleeeeez!

Janice

Yes, she has issues but I don't believe her money will let her get away with this. I believe she will get what she deserves. She will NOT receive favorable treatment. She will get the 3 month's probation, lose her license, and have to go into alcohol treatment. Maybe she will have to pick up garbage along the highway too. LOL They need to start using these stars as examples that they will not be able to use their money and stature to get out of things like these that the rest of the public is punished for. I am sick and tired of this happening like the rest of you are and hope the system works. If it doesn't, I'm gonna be real pissed.

Ron Rarick

I like Paris and wish her only the best of luck in living her life.

Kristie

It's sounds like everyone of these people are just jealous of Paris. It is not her fault she was born into money. Everyone here is just jealous they are not her. there are a lot of people who do worse than her.

Esq

The law of averages was against her; she was due to get caught. IF it was only .08 this time, lucky for her. I'm just tired of the double standard we see with famous people. And, way tired of Paris.

Michael Tyhanic

Paris could blow a .08 when she wakes up in the a.m.....& only 90 days on the license being suspended?
All the states I've been thru take your license for 1 year.

Rebecca

Quite frankly, #64, I'm very happy with my life and wouldn't change it. And even if I did want to switch places with a celebrity, it sure as hell wouldn't be with Paris Hilton. There are a hell of alot more celebrities out there with more class and more sense than Paris. She's the last person on earth I would switch places with. I'm not a bit jealous of her or any other celebrity. I have a husband and a beautiful 5 year old little girl and wouldn't exchange them for the spotlight or money or anything. I'm not the one who needs to get a life. I don't think it's proper for a celebrity who has fans to act the way she did. Alot of her fans are kids and her actions are not a good influence on our young kids.

Beth Halle

Did Paris need some publicity? Seems her 'cd' stank and sank so she needs to fake a dwi to get attention.
Her parents really should have given that child more love and time as a child.

Bill Mullinax

wake up smell the coffee

Charles Merano

Oh Man...
What bitter people you all are....If it was your daughter ? You would be crying before the judge...All this because you resent people who are rich and enjoying life...You make it seem as though you think that it's a sin to be wealthy...
People always downing her just because she is young, pretty ( i didn'r satydrop dead gorgeous ) and extremely wealthy and having the tome of her life...So she made a mistake...Big deal...You never made any mistakes in your lives ? Oh no, you are average people of average means...Only the rich screw up...

Richard Spencer

I am sorry when this happens to anyone. You guys are jerks that are happy about it. She as all of us should not drink and drive.
It is a shame that the only way you all can feel better about your life is when someone else gets into trouble. If she was your friend or sister you would just maybe feel different about it. Shame on you!!!