Jessica -- "I Wish I Was in Love"

9/10/2006 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson: Click to watchJessica just wants to be loved. In an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, Nick Lachey's ex confesses she's ready for a serious relationship, telling the talk show host, "I wish I was in love, I need to be in love."

Though many men may feel inclined to disagree, Simpson admits she's not exactly ideal girlfriend material. "I think I'm too hard to be in love with, it ends up on the cover of every magazine. I scare people away."

Just last week Jessica made the cover of PEOPLE for her alleged romance with singer John Mayer -- something the she emphatically denied on "The View."

For a good laugh, also check out Simpson doing a dramatic reading of her new single, "A Public Affair," while Ellen does an interpretive dance.

The full interview airs on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Monday.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

alexis

JESSICA IS THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!11

alexis

Jessica is better off single then married to a run around!!!!!!!!

alexis

Give the girl a break. I was always more of a fan of Jessica for the last couple of years. But now I love her even more. She showed me the meaning of being a truly strong individual, no matter what is happening in your life. She still does love Nick, but her heart was right. Nick has already found love with another, so Jessica's instinct was loo% right. He couldn't love her, if he's in love with another. Jessica your day will come, but your not ready for any relationship now!

evelyn

she is so ugly and phony now .......

Jill

To comment # 59 You say jessica was not fully mentally developed to handle marriage. I was married at the same age that she got married and have been married for 13 years. I was young, but I knew what I was doing. My husband and I aren't the same people we were then, but we grew up together, and that's called marriage. No marriage is perfect, but if you make the vow, you better know what your doing. Her age was/is a poor excuse for Jessica, and that's whats wrong in todays world. People like her make the divorce rate higher because they don't want to put the effort that it constantly takes to make a happy marriage. What a shame!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8