Alanis Goes Gay for "Nip/Tuck"

9/12/2006 12:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alanis Morissette to guest star on Nip/TuckSeven-time Grammy winner Alanis Morissette will guest star on three episodes of the FX drama "Nip/Tuck" later this year. Morissette will play "Poppy," a love interest of Roma Maffia's character, "Dr. Liz Cruz."

Morissette previously guest-starred on "Sex and the City" back in 2000, playing a bisexual woman. She also played herself in an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and played God in two Kevin Smith movies, "Dogma" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."

Alanis joins a long list of "Nip/Tuck" guest stars this fourth season, including Jacqueline Bisset, Richard Chamberlain, Peter Dinklage, Melissa Gilbert, Larry Hagman, Sanaa Lathan, Rosie O'Donnell, Brooke Shields and Kathleen Turner.

Morissette's run on "Nip/Tuck" will begin October 31.

Catherine

Funny, I just saw a Sex in the City episode where Morisette kissed Sarah Jessica Parker (spin the bottle episode). If no one believes Alanis Morisette swings both ways, they must be blind! Her last video, "Crazy," she played a lesbian (didn't like the video, but her version of the song was really good). This role on Nip/Tuck is no surprise!

Jennifa O Jenny

Alanis who? Oh I'm sorry are we still concidering her famous and worthy of being on gossip sites. How long has it been since she's had a hit - 15 years?

Livewire

Livewire prefers Alanis acting than singing because her music sucked real bad. Her stupid songs were like the sound of nails on a chalkboard.

Acting ain't much better, cause the has been is homely as hell.

"LIVEWIRE is the man of the hour, the tower of power, always sweet never sour!"

walter

Wow, that's great!!!!!!!!! I love her music, her videos, etc... So it will be exciting to see her again on tv

Jackie

I love Alanis...her songs are awesome and I know she'll be fab on Nip Tuck..stop hating people. Alanis you kick a$$!

Matt

Nip/Tuck is a great show. Why is it sullying itself with a non-actor guest star? Plus, when was the last time anyone cared about Alanis?

Alanis Fan

I am a HUGE Alanis fan so whatever character that she wants to play in a show or movie I am for it. I will be watching. :)