Dana Plato's Son

Files Wrongful Death Suit

9/12/2006 5:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

dana-plato-retna-2NBC recently revisited one of television's most popular comedy series -- "Diff'rent Strokes" -- with a TV movie that went behind the scenes and tackled the reality of child stardom. But now a new battle is brewing with one of the show's former child stars Dana Plato. Her son Tyler Lambert, 21, has targeted Dana's fiancé in a wrongful death lawsuit.

On May 5, Lambert filed a complaint in Clark County, Nev. against Robert Menchaca. That date happens to be three days before the seventh anniversary of Plato's death. Plato, who played good girl Kimberly Drummond, died from a drug overdose on May 8, 1999.

TMZ obtained the partially handwritten court documents by Lambert claiming Menchaca could have prevented the death of his mother, "by giving immediate medical assistance or contacting medical personal or emergency personal"

The suit seeks more than $20,000 in damages.

TMZ reached out to Tyler Lambert, but our calls were not immediately returned.

CoreyCarrier

GET HIM, TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use all that settlement money to bleach your brain from realizing your slutty mother slept with Todd Bridges A HELL of a lot of times!!! lmfao :-p As seen in that badly acted, badly written NBC movie-of-the-week.

Jaclynn

Why'd he wait 7 years..? And why does it says "ernings" in the "court document"

SLady

From what I saw of the video that her fiance made that was aired many yrs ago, I think her son has every right to file this suit.It seems she was exploited and I hope he wins.
Ms Plato seemed to be a very confused person and I don't think it's reasonable to assume the worst about her.

rachel

hey jaclynn, if you read closely he is now 21, 7 years ago he wuld have been what? 14 years old, are you telling me 14 year old should have gone and filed this suit then???

Ms Kris

How about some blame on his dead mother who lead a horrible life style.

Kid just wants some money from a dead beat person who screwed his mother.

Hey, son, your mother took drugs & had a history of it. BLAME HER!!!!!!!

KarenC

It looks to me like he is trying to make a point rather than cash in. He is not suing for much money. In my opinion, that gives him some credibility.

Michele

Oh great, the kid is out of money to buy drugs for himself. Just what we need our judicial system's time being taken up by hand written druggies.

Michele

The mother is the one who took the drugs, no one forced them down her throat. Did Mother robbed a video store for money to buy drugs.

Just what the world needs another durg addict. How far does he think he can go with only $20,000.00.

Get a job instead of filing law suits.

Freelols.com

I wonder if Dana and Anna Nicole's kid have met yet.

Lord Xenu

Platos Stepchildren

That old episode of Star Trek was on last Friday when I got home. First interracial kiss.

This has nothing to do with Dead Celebrity drug addicts but it seems appropriate somehow.

Im suprised they never did an episode on Different STROKES where Mr. Drummond had a stroke after finding Kimberly alone in her room with a zuchini. Ok, thats terrible. Im sorry.

stan

Attention the son of Dana Plato. I am sorry for your loss! However I went on unclaimed properties.org and there is sevral thousand dollars waiting for you!
I hope this helps! I know your mom did not choose to leave you. I know life hasn't been the greatest for you. Maybe this nes will help. However do yourself a favor don't buy some high price car INVEST IT! Buy yourself a house. Please got your layer to help you get the funds! You will be amazzed!

stan

Attention the son of Dana Plato. I am sorry for your loss! However I went on unclaimed properties.org and there is thousand dollars waiting for you! (Well your mom Dana Plato)
I hope this helps! I know your mom did not choose to leave you. I know life hasn't been the greatest for you. Maybe this news will help. However do yourself a favor don't buy some high price car INVEST IT! Buy yourself a house. Please got your lawyer to help you get the funds! You will be amazzed!

We, are not amused.

Harry Sez: " The Statue of Limitations in the State of Nevada for a Wrongful Death suit is two years. It appears that he is about five years too late". Minors lack legal standing to sue. However, the court may appoint a guardian at litem to bring suit on their behalf. Losing a child (Anna Nicole Smith) or a parent (Tyler Lambert) is sad and Harry wishes to express his heartfelt sympathy to both. Remeber, the quality of mercy is not strained.

gayla borthick

Dana Plato's son, Tyler Lambert, 24, committed suicide May 5, 2010 just days before the anniversary of the death of his mom who overdosed in 1999.

amm

He just needed more money for his own drug addiction. Statue of Limitations is way up. He killed himself exactly 4 years after he filed this frivolous lawsuit. Now Gary Coleman died. Tragic ending to Different Strokes kids!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments