Gwen Gets Into Madonna's Groove

9/12/2006 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gwen Stefani and Madonna have a lot in common: stellar music careers, motherhood, British husbands. But despite the fact that they are both known for their individual style, these days Gwen looks to be taking a cue from her older pop cohort.

Stefani was recently photographed sporting an outfit similar to Madonna's uniform of track suits and oversized shades.

While you can argue that almost everyone has copied Madonna's style at one point or another, even die-hard Stefaniacs have to admit her decades old blond ambition 'do could use a rest.

And despite the fact that imitation is the best form of flattery, we just hope Gwen doesn't get swept away into mimicking any of Madonna's cinematic pursuits.

tiffany

Im sorry, but gwen is a wanna be madonna without the talent. She's BORING.
The closest singer in talent is Christina Aguilera even though the styles are real, there's something honest abuot them both.

People compared brittany spears to madonna a few years ago when she was more like Janet Jackson - most of those bubble bum singers copied Janet, but Madonna got the credit. Anyway, I don't really care for Gwen and unlike Madonna, she never changes her style that sets them worlds apart for Madonna was EVER CHANGING and that is why she's tops in my book.

Get a new 'do stefani and some new material ya snooze.

Lou

oh god. talks about grabbing at straws. so they wore a track suit? is that so strange? this is silly.

Eli

Madonna is a a slut and Gwen is not she rocks ,while Madonna just knows how to roll ( in the sheets)!

Cat

slow day in celeb news, eh? When the hell is britney having her baby?

kathleen

I agree with you, Tiffany--But BEWARE!! This blog is full of haters--you just said something controversial...and, all the GWEN LOVERS will be gunning for you now--be prepared!

Jose Guzman

It is just a track suit, but Madge is 100 million times more talented than Gwen.
Gwen lost it after No Dought.
The end

Eli

YEA TIFFANY YOU SUCK , YOUR PROBABLY A LESBO AND JESUS HATER LIKE MADONNA

duh...totally !

Madonna is a Legend and ICON !

love Gwen too !

both are fabulous, and both are trendsetters!

danielsgirl

gwen rocks!!!!!!
her hair is part of her signature.
you never see her in the news full of drama, like so many others.
she's very happy with her husband and son.

don't really care for madonna but got to give her props, she's lasted this long.

liska

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I SAW GWEN IN THAT N/D CROSS OVER VIDEO "DON'T SPEAK" I SAID SHE LOOKED LIKE A SISTER OF MADONNA. THEY DO LOOK A LOT A LIKE, WITHOUT THE MATCHING STYLES.

Garyd

Madonna was great at one time I admit. But, she started concentrating on getting attention at all costs.... quality of her music fell and now she is a has been! Gwen has always been talented and she doesnt have to kiss Brittany to get the limelight she deserves!!!

nanabealges

Looks like most of you should be hitting the books instead of reading useless gossip...I have never seen such poor spelling and punctuation in my life! Pathetic - spend some time doing something useful.

Flobaby

who heck is Madge...hmmmm?, Gwen rock!!!
her clothes fashion is a runaway...YAY!!!
I need to see No Doubt's concert...again~(went there three times)
psst, Gwen's dolls collection is coming in the fall!! YAY (again)
where is Madge's doll...eh?
-Flobaby

History Nut

This is... news? Track suits? Come on.

Madonna is, and always has been, a singer of only modest accomplishment with an astonishing talent for self-promotion. She has produced music that I've enjoyed listening to, but not a single track that I'd pay for... or waste the time downloading free, for that matter. Bland middle-of-the-road pop drivel sold by carefully orchestrated controversy does not make a great artist. My interest in Madonna is driven largely by the fact that her current marketing phase is wrapped up in "spirituality" (about as legitimate as a teenager playing with tarot cards), and I'm curious to see how she'll play off inevitably abandoning this persona. Not that I don't believe she can transition into the next phase without a substantial impact on her career, but that rejecting her religion of the moment (especially when it's a trendy pop-occult mystic group like these "kabbalist-for-cash splinter groups she's affiliated with, rather than a large safe mainstream target like Catholicism) is a potentially very perilous venture for a media figure.

Gwen Stefani, on the other hand... I really enjoyed her old band. What exactly has she done since she abandoned them that hasn't required a massive media blitz to get people interested? The more you feel you must advertise at me how excellent your product is, the less inclined I am to believe it's anything but rubbish. Get a haircut, and accomplish something worth media attention other than successfully giving birth, a feat mirrored a thousand times daily by people who are entirely bereft of money and fame.

ARmomma

Exactly Nana! You took the words right out of my mouth.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments