Not Ready to "Shut Up and Sing"

9/13/2006 6:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dixie Chicks: Click to watchNatalie Maines obviously isn't out to make friends with President Bush anytime soon -- expressing her embarrassment towards #43 and calling him a "dumb f**k" in a new documentary.

Though the Dixie Chicks initially set out to make a rockumentary, "Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing" quickly became more politically charged after the group's frontwoman told a London audience, "We're embarrassed that the President is from Texas," at a 2003 concert.
"We felt like it was time to have cameras follow us around for a little while and just show the next cycle of touring," says Emily Robison about the filming, "and then when Natalie said what she said it turned into a totally different animal. It was one of those things where we knew it was important to continue filming."

The documentary, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, depicts the backlash towards the Chicks and their new album, "Taking the Long Way," which had difficulty getting airplay on country radio stations. The film will open this month in limited release.

kc

man, it bugs me to see we have so many people who like to just hide their heads in the sand and pretend everything is okay. or hey, were fine over here who cares about the rest of the world. Well, although I think the war maybe hasnt been fought well, I think it was just a matter of time before Iraq got us somehow. I would much rather be on the offense then always defending ourselves after we get nailed. I guess these same people feel would shoudl have just allowed Hitler to just keep killing people. Sadam is a mini hitler, with the things he did to his people. Hes a monster.

Nell F

I am a Texan and proud of it! Every Texan I have talked to, and a lot of them,
are ashamed that the Dixie Chicks are from Texas!!!!! They do NOT speak for Texas and are not as important or influential as they seem to think they are!!!!
Go Bush!!!!!

Sherry

I think that Natalie needs to shut the fuck up and just make music .. No one cares about the political views of celebrities. I certainly don't. I'm not saying I'm a fan of President Bush (because I'm definitely NOT), but I don't put him on blast every chance I get. She's an idiot, and she just needs to focus on her music career before that ends up in the dumpster because of her mouth.

Tammy

I totally think that Natalie Maines was right on when she said what she said. What she said has nothing to do with how she feels about our troops. They are fighting a war we have no business being and and our troops are but pawns in Bush's wicked game. I cannot look at Bush without being sick.
I was never a "Chicks" fan until Natalie stood up for her right to say what she feels. I might buy even buy thier CD....shhhhh don't tell anyone though...
You go girls...

steve

Shut your pooop shoot and just sing

you idiots

How much $$ have these heehaws donated to ANY cause ?

Lea

Casey you're the uneducated Moron! Why don't you do your homework and then you would know what the hell is going on. Dah!!!

Alix

GO GIRLS ... SOUND OFF!

Wake up call for Jackie

Good for Natalie!!!! I personally purchased 12 of their newest album, hoping to make it a succe$$. She speaks the truth about our embarrassing president. This mans term in office will go down as one of the darkest periods in the history of our great nation.

Damn him for all the young peoples lives he's taken in his personally quest to go after the man who threatened his daddy. Damn him for his ignorance and damn him for still being in office. He's a complete and total embarrassment to us all.

anonymouse

NM is an idiot. she doesn't know when to shut her fat mouth and i will NEVER purchase another product dealing w/them. as for all you yahoos out there applauding her, true, our men and women die defending the right of folks to say what they want but that no-good-redneck-foul-mouthed woman and her sidekicks are just starting to sound bitter. bitter they're getting hardly any radio play, etc. the ONE thing that NM did to make me dislike her about as much as a hemorroide (sp) on my @ss is she had to make those comments OVERSEAS!!! in ENGLAND!! where antiAmerican/antiwar sentiment was SKYHIGH. i would've had more respect for her if she'd had the cojhones(sp) to say it stateside. scr#w her and her numbnutz gang. i'm a texan and i can say yep, bush makes me somewhat ill w/his actions BUT IT IS COMPLETELY MORONIC to think all this happened w/him!!! the CLINTON ADMINISTRATION couldn't have had anything to do w/this, eh?????

Hidley Boxn

Natalie shouldn't be the spokeswoman for the Dixie Chicks. They're going to retire from showbiz soon, if she keeps talking. She doesn't have enough class like the other two girls, to be the voice of the band. Nobody wants to listen to an ignorant gutter mouthed chick, voice out her opinion. To even remotely try to match her wits with the president of the US, is ridiculous and embarrasing for the entire state of Texas. Let the other two babes talk instead. They are both true ladies, and I would listen to what they have to say.

Lori

#19 You need to educate yourself! The president isn't the only person in the government to make the decision to go to war. The only thing that the ignorant Chicks know is what they hear from the press. And, that is only what the press wants you to hear. You don't have to like the decisions that the White House makes but you do need to respect our country. If you don't, then you get out and take the Dixie Chick with you. God Bless America!!!

sam

OK it's Mom again. What's with all the potty mouth talk going on here? Don't you know no one had ever changed anyone else’s opinion on this blog site ever. Never NEVER has anyone's comments made someone else say "Wow now I see your point, I was sooo wrong" it just doesn't happen people so don't try. State your comments/opinions clearly than let it go! You’ll be healthier!

DON'T MAKE ME COME TO YOUR COMPUTER AND SLAP THE BACK OF YOUY HEAD! PLAY NICE!

It's only a blog, repeat, it's only a blog......................

kim

This is the only way they can stay in the Media. If you notice their CD was all about their stupid remarks and how they don't care what people think. I'm just so sick of dumb people like
Natalie is so intelligent which you can tell by her F the President. It's funny how someone with bodyguards is so tough.. I would love to see her in the real world. She would get her ass beat!!!!!!

Angi

^5 #7

I agree and I also was a military wife for years..Just because you dont agree w/ Bush or like him doesnt mean you are anti military...He sits in a large white house and makes decisions while our troops risk thier lives for whatever he decides in his air conditioned maid serviced chef serviced nice king size bed house.

K. Mainer

Just a few thoughts....

1. Anyone who graduates with a BA from Yale and an MBA from Harvard is NOT dumb, and no matter how many times you accuse President Bush of being stupid will not make it so. I would pay good money to see any one of you on this blog who are making denigrative remarks about his intelligence go one-on-one with him in an intellectual discussion.

2. The President is NOT the monster you make him out to be. He is a caring, thoughtful, patriotic (yes, Natalie, and you should thank your lucky stars that some Americans ARE patriotic), human being. My husband and I spent a couple of hours in casual conversation with him before he was president. He is a kind man who loves God, his family, and his country, and I sleep well at night knowing that he is President.

3. FOR THE LAST TIME......no one is saying that the Chicks do not have a right to voice their opinion!!!! They have every right to do so, just as we have a right to write them off. The consequences are that they can be forced to cancel appearances in this country from poor ticket sales, play to half-full arenas, and be a big hit in Canada. And yes...making our country look weak to foreign audiences aids and abets the enemy because it appears that if the enemy can just hold on for a little longer, Americans will lose their will to stand up to terrorist nations. How many Americans die while the enemy is "holding on for a little longer?" You can deny it all you wish, but they have been at war with us for years. It is just that now, we finally have an Administration that has the backbone to fight back!