"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition

9/14/2006 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane MSNBC's Rita Cosby is reporting that Duane Dog Chapman, star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," and two members of his bounty hunting team (including his son) were arrested by U.S. officials today for extradition to Mexico. Cosby is reporting that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Dog's wife, Beth Chapman, said 12 armed marshals "came through the door" at 6:00AM this morning. She said they took their daughter's boyfriend down at gunpoint. Dog was sleeping at the time.

TMZ spoke with Nicky Credic from the U.S. Marshals Office. She said, "The arrest warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate in Hawaii on September 13. The warrant was based on a formal request based on a diplomatic note from the government of Mexico."

Sondra

BMFM ........... SLAP with that Posting # 1572 - Kristi, how did that feel - I think I heard the slap from here - STING!!!!!!!!!!
I would give up now and go lick THAT wound for a while!!!!!!!!!!

BOYCOTT MAX FACTOR AND MEXICO

Sondra - Was I too harsh in that posting to Kristi?

BOYCOTT MAX FACTOR AND MEXICO

WE ARE DOING THIS FOR LITTLE GARY ..... WE CAN'T LET LITTLE GARY DOWN ....

LETS GO GUYS ....
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dog Supporter

OUCH.. I heard that.. Slap heard around the world??

The problem is some are not keeping up with the posts and reading the links to find out what is REALLY going on.. so ignorance levels increase by default in most cases..

I am so embarrassed BMFM... I have been writing BFMM... guess I caught your dyslexia Sondra.. LOL OOOOOOO RAH

I am more appalled at the vulagarity some are expressing through their comments.. some are terribly cruel.. such as the following..

1540. F*** DOG HIS FAT UGLY ASS WIFE AND YOU IGNORANT ASS SUPPORTERS TOO.HE'S A MURDERER WHO THE HELL WOULD YOU RATHER LEAVE YOUR LOVED ONES WITH A RAPIST OR A KILLER?YALL ACT LIKE THIS F***ER IS A GOD OR SOMETHING IF YOU GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIM LIKE YOU EXPRESS HERE THEN GO BAIL HIS ASS OUT AND TAKE HIM HOME WITH YOU.EVERYBODY HAS THERE OWN LAWS YALL KEEP DOWNIN MEXICO.WHAT ABOUT THE UNITED STATES AND F***ED UP ASS COCAINE SNIFFIN BUSH HE'S SENDING HIS OWN PEOPLE OUT TO GET KILLED BY OTHER PEOPLE WHO DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT OUR COUNTRY.WHAT ARE YA GONNA DO ABOUT THAT BOYCOT THE U.S?GET A CLUE PEOPLE THERES OTHER SH*T TO WORRY ABOUT BESIDES SOME EX-CON NAMED DOG.

Posted at 8:02PM on Sep 18th 2006 by J

Sondra

BOYCOTT MAX FACTOR AND MEXICO

Yep - caught the typo - thought it was funny ... : )

I really didn't mean to be so harsh to Kristi : (

I am really signing off this time : ) Livestock to tend to ....

Sondra

Sunshine - you have got to love "J" - the "yall" gives him up - he's from "your end of the country" - if you know what I mean!!!! We don't grow them quite like that up here!!!!!Need I say more???? That is why it is TOTALLY not even worth responding too!!! :) :) :) :)

Dog Supporter

And don't forget little Bonnie Jo, (Garry's big sister) Cecely (Beth's 12 yo daughter)Travis, (son of dearly deparrted Barbara D), daughter Baby Lyssa and her son, Justin (Beth's nephew), Dakota and Colby, sons of Leland.. Tim has two daughters and I believe another child on the way.. Duane Lee has a wife and two kids.. and the entire family..

WE must pray for them all!

And scream at the top of our lungs

Dog Supporter

Sondra,

Just remember I am where I am, by default.. I was schooled and finished in your neck of the woods.. :-P

Dog Supporter

BMFM aka PB

You were not too harsh at all.. I am trying to take the high road, as I see you do as well, but sometimes I need to burst, we all do, for the right reason though and right now that reason is Dog and Family..

BOYCOTT MAX FACTOR AND MEXICO

1550. BMFM - Harsh - HELL NO, I had to get off of the floor from laughing to post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did not walk, she RAN right into that one!!!!! Who in thier right mind would use the phrase "get thier throat slit" when refering too the middle east?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You were right there with a GREAT answer to that one!!!!!!!

Posted at 8:31PM on Sep 18th 2006 by Sondra
-----------------------
Thanks I needed that !!! : ) : ) : ) It is nice to know I can inject a little humor into others lives !!!

BOYCOTT MAX FACTOR AND MEXICO

According to the update post, little Gary had covered his ears and started screaming .... he is only 5 - he doesnot need this trama

Dog Supporter

Yeah I could not watch that video all the way through. Having a 4 yo myself, when something includes kids, it breaks my heart... big time..

Pray

SOMEONE LET THE DOG OUT, RUFF RUF

Dori

I can't believe this is for real, man. Talk about a messed up system that we have! And why in the world did the US Marshal's office think they had to surround the house and take the Chapman's out like that?!?!?! I'm sure the Chapman's would have complied to the arrest, without all the s*** that the feds thought was "appropriate"......geesh!

Karen

No need to thank me Sunshine. (But thank you just the same)
I am just so taken aback at the hatred in people. It will never cease to amaze me. Particularly when a person that they are directing their hatred to is not here to defend him or herself. Then, as you saw, with that hatred came the racism, which is just as ugly, if not uglier. We have got to realize that we are all one and the same, we simply make different choices in life. No need to judge, one way or another, one day..you all should realize that hatred does nothing but beget more hatred, and so on.
As for Dog's implications with that murder that someone decided to bring up...he was involved in a gang for a while, he was WITH somebody that killed someone during a drug deal gone bad. He did NOT kill anyone, he was implicated, that's it. He served 18 months out of a 5 yr sentence, I believe, released on good behavior.
I understand the people that think that Duane should accept responsibility for his failure to appear, but lets see if that is truly what it is before we draw and quarter a good man. I am not "smitten" by him, I am only impressed with the fact that he has a good heart, and turned his life around and inspires so many people that he arrests for jumping bond. Remember, IF he had a failure to appear...dont you think he would have shown up? I mean, it isnt as if he's hiding...he did see a judge in Mexico in 2003, maybe, just maybe he thought he was through with all of it by getting such a horrible man off of the streets. But he will do the right thing, no matter what it is. Thats the kind of person he is.
By the way, please dont disrespct Beth for her style of dress, she tried to dress more conservatively, but her hubby likes her the way you see her. Just a bit...in her words, "trashy"..so why not? Her breasts are real, are you going to scream at her about that too, oh wait, somebody already did. And seeing as we're on the subject, I thought that she got a reduction? It really isnt our business.
Bless the people posting peacefully.
Relax everyone, and if you do care about the Chapmans, please follow a couple of the links that Sunshine put up there, it will do worlds of good..
Thank you, again for listening.

Previous 15 Comments | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments