Last Known Photo of Steve Irwin

9/14/2006 5:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Below is the last photo taken of Steve Irwin before his tragic death last week. He is posing marine biologist Chris Jones on his boat, Croc 1, just two days before his death.
The last photo of Steve Irwin
Irwin died last week after his heart was pierced by a stingray's poisonous barb while filming on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Family and pals held a private funeral at the zoo on Saturday and there will be a public memorial service at his 60-acre Australia Zoo wildlife park next Wednesday.

Julie Patterson

Steve will be missed by many. It is sad that people can't keep their bad feelings to themselves expecially at this time. The Irwin Family do not need to have this kind of crap. They are a good family and are going through a very hard time. I know personally how is to loose a love one with out any warning. It really is hard to deal with. It wasn't easy for us and it has to be harder on his family with all the publicity added on. I think ignorant people should start to think of others before they say things.
I heard a saying that goes like this "Stick and stones may break my bones, but words will break my heart."
So parasite start to think of others.
Our prayers are with the Irwin Family.

K HARKINS

GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL, STEVE. YOU MADE ME LAUGH OUTLOUD WITH YOUR UNBRIDLED ENERGY AND COMMITTMENT TO THE EARTH AND CREATURES. REST IN PEACE. CRIKEY, I'LL MISS YA!

Michelle

PETA members are idiots. They would save a cockroach before a human. Most PETA members are ACLU members, college graduates who cannot find a job and they still live with mommy and daddy.

Steve Irwin was an animal lover and respected the wildlife. What he didn't financially contribute (he probably did) to your stupid oranization?

Rest in peace Steve you were the biggest reason my children love and respect animals and watched your show rather than the sh*t on TV these days.

Sonia Listman

Our family was away for the holiday and when I woke up my 15 year old told me about Steve. I thought he was joking for some reason,but then there it was. I started to cry thinking him and his family,he seam to be a loving person and then when I return home I got a phone call from my sister telling me my brother that has been in the hospital for 3 months for a head injury was put on life support and I was to get there A.S.AP...he passed that evening on Labor Day. But then on the ride home I thought to my self...My brother would be with Steve having fun with all them Croc's.....Steve and Rick you both will be MISSED!!! My thoughts and Prayer are with ALL.

TC

Parasite, if you dont like it that everyone on this site is wishing their condolences to this GREAT man and to HIS family then why do you even bother going into the chat. Get out, you psychotic peice of crap.

rachel

steve will be sadly missed. he inspired people to be better and think. he was an amazing man who many children looked up to. he will be greatly missed by us all!

sandy

God speed Steve, for all the work and love you gave to God's children. And God bless your family during this time. May your children grow up to know how wonderful you were. Remember its not sad for the ones who passed on but for the ones who were left behind on this earth......

DAWN

TERRY YOU AND THE CHILDREN ARE IN MY PRAY'S.'GOD BLESS YOU ALL''
STEVE'S FAN DAWN

Steve

i am so sorry this happend to such a fighter for anilmal rights ..and respect for nature ... he is one of my Heros!!!!!!!! and always will be .. i will talk about him till i die ! .. god bless him and his family .. my heart goes out to t and family .. a great man is gone .. and a voice for those who can't speak is missing .! ill try and think of the many times he made me smile .. and tried in vain to copy his " crickey" ! im so glad we all got to know him .. he wont be replaced !!! LOVE you Steve...God bless!

Estelle Farr

Today the world is a much sadder place without Steve Irwin and his passion for all creatures, big and small. He was larger than life, and it will be difficult for his wife and children in the days ahead. Hopefully they can find some comfort in knowing that many of us share their loss, and may they be spared from further sorrow. May all your wonderful memories sustain you in the coming days. Steve will always be remembered by those who loved him.

tammy murrie

Steve Irwin was a decent kind human being who did us all good by showing us how to protect our wild life and most importantly he educated us. There is a big whole in the universe now that he is gone. To these peoeple who are bashing his memory, why not pick on a selfish celebrity who can only spend their fortunes on purses and clothing. Steve was a wonderful man who doesnot deserve to be attacked. He spent his time teaching us all about wildlfie and how to protect the animals. There is a hole in the universe now that he is gone................Rest in Peace mate.

Luv Dolphins

To the loser's that are writing on here the crap about how bad and mean Steve was to the animals and how they are glad he died are the kind of people this world does not need.. You are a sorry excuse for a human. U all need to learn to respect humans and not be such idiots..

Bredna

To my PETA.
Show me any evidence of Steve Irwin EVER intentionally hurting a creature. If you mean picking snakes up by thier tails? Like a cat carring its young, many animals are used to being handled in certain ways that do not cause them injury. Steve knew that and used great care to treat all the creatures he came in contact with the upmost respect and care. For those of you who feel the need to use foul language to get your point accross, it is tmerely a reflection of yourself not a rejection of Steve. I will truly miss Steve Irwin and his lovely wife Terry and Bindy and Bob. I know they will pull through this and I hope all the thoughts and prayers of the world help them heal in some small way. They should know how much he meant to so many. I learned so much from his show. He loved life, he loved to teach, he loved all living things. I like to think God needed him in heaven to help straighten out the zoo up there, Eh!
Brenda

Janet

May the world always remember the exuberant life he led! Hopefully his children never forget that their daddy brought the world great happiness. Our love and prayers to Terri, Bindi & Bob.

Shocked

It is always a tragedy when a life is lost, it is especially a tragedy when the young die. At the died doing what he loved...and to the poor lost souls that are saying things about being "glad" he died...wow...how about we try letting thee without sin cast the first stone. I am not going to come back to the comment page to see what you said about me...so you can save the name calling for the school yard...trying to be tough via the world wide web is not exactly threatening. It's funny how people are so quick to pass judgement solely based on what they saw on television, because I seriously doubt you had ever spent even one moment with him.