Last Known Photo of Steve Irwin

9/14/2006 5:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Below is the last photo taken of Steve Irwin before his tragic death last week. He is posing marine biologist Chris Jones on his boat, Croc 1, just two days before his death.
The last photo of Steve Irwin
Irwin died last week after his heart was pierced by a stingray's poisonous barb while filming on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Family and pals held a private funeral at the zoo on Saturday and there will be a public memorial service at his 60-acre Australia Zoo wildlife park next Wednesday.

susan

God Speed, friend. You will always be with us.

Cathy C

I am so sad about Steve. That i am so numb I cant cry but I do feel so sad. I was on vacation and almost feel to the ground when I heard about Steve accident. I love watching him on tv and wished I could have met him and his wonderfuld family. But he did die doing what he loved to do. Being near wildlife. I see his daughter continuing his passion for preserving wildlife and the WORLD.....

LOVE & MY BLESSING TO YOUR FAMILY
Cathy Cruz

Mark

Terri,
God Bless you and your family. Steve will be missed by so many people because of his enthusiasm and respect for nature. My kids 6 and 8 yrs old were very upset when they heard about the "crocodile hunter". He will be missed.
Hang in there and remember all the great things Steve-o did in his lifetime.

****Now.....to the scum posting on this site, get on with your miserable lives.
1. PETA- go bang some sticks on the water at fishermen to voice your "shock" opinions.
2. Frenchy- go drink some wine and pass out.
3. Parasite- you're obviously too ignorant a human being to understand any sarcasm...and besides, you're probably just wanting more attention for your unwanted sorry excuse of a life. So....POOF BE GONE!!

plyle

Its sad but seems to be true, things like this do seem to happen in threes. Anna Nichole's son Daniel, another shocker. Holding my breath on the third. Steve Irwin was a fantastic human being and father and husband. God Bless his grieving family and may God speed.

Elizabeth G.

Steve's "passion" he once said was to get people excited about conservation and wildlife. Well, I think he acomplished his life's ambition. At lease I know he did with me. I still can't believe he's no longer with us. We will miss you Steve.

Lols

Parasite and PETA -- you are one in the same miserable person. No two people write such vulgarity on one subject by coincidence. You're an angry man alright, and one lonely soul, too, I bet. Keep on the way you are, and it will only continue and get worse.

We all will pray for your lost soul and hope that your soul leaves the body soon because this world will be much better off without a PARASITE like you.

Steve, may you RIP. Terry, our thoughts and prayers are with you, and you know Steve is still with you and the children. He will always be there for you.

Lisa Williams

Because of Steve Irwin, my daughter is a full-on animal lover and I am no longer scared to death of snakes. His enthusiasm for wildlife was precious and I'm glad he had children who can carry on for him. I am still getting tears in my eyes when on Animal Planet they say, "We'll miss you mate - we'll take it from here."
We will.

lisa

you will be missed!!!!! I know your family will keep your dreams alive. nobody can replace you, but I hope your wife and children will continue with all he great finding as you have in the past years!!! you are one of a kind RIP!!!! Life is short,but sweet as long as you do what you love and Steve always did! Steve you and your family (2 legged or 4 legged) are loved all around the world Mate!!!!!!

Jess

Steve willbe missed dearly, and our hearts go out to the entire Irwin Family.

Laura Gotchie

My family was very saddened by Steve's untimely death, we could not believe it. Our hearts are breaking for Terri and his beautiful children, God bless the Irwin family. He taught us all so much...

Samantha Domm

You may be gone but you will never be forgotten. God bless your family. Wish we all could be were you are now....up in heaven catching Croc Angels. There is just to much hatred in this world!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony A. Sculerati

I love to watch shows that I can learn from. Thank to Stev Irwin Ive learn a great deal about his country (Down Under) and the wild life I live in Southren FLORIDA and I'am verry up on Gator... And thanks to Stev now also on Coc.among other thing. Stev will be greatly mised and may the Lord give Terri the Gift to carry on in his place. STEV IRWIN R.I.P.

Elle

Thank god for Steve's exsistance Jack Hanna was booooooring zzzzzzz

Felicia

For a man I have never met before I am so sad over his death,My heart goes out to Terri, Bindi, Little Bob and Family.Steve will truly missed, He meant so much to alot of people in this world.
To THOSE IDIOTS WHO HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT TO PUT STEVE DOWN LIKE THAT AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HIM OR HIS FAMILY,I SAY ALL OF YOU CAN GO TO HELL,I THINK THAT YOU ALL ARE HEARTLESS PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU'RE SELF OR ANY BODY ELSE.I THINK THAT ALL OF YOU ARE LOW LIFE IDIOTS.HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED HIS SHOW OR ARE YOU JUST RUNNING YOU'RE MOUTHS JUST TO GET PEOPLE MORE UPSET? NONE OF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING,I READ PETA'S WEBSITE AND THEY SAID ALL STEVE WAS TRYING TO BE WAS FAMOUS, WELL YOU ARE IDIOTS TOO!!!! STEVE TRIED TO SAVE ANIMALS, WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE.ON YOU'RE WEBSITE ALL I SEEN WAS CELEBRITIES, SO WHO IS TRYING TO BE FAMOUS???? I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THESE PEOPLE BECOME SO HEARTLESS, DO YOU NOT HAVE A FAMILY? WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF PEOPLE SAID THIS ABOUT SOME ONE IN YOU'RE FAMILY? HAVE A LITTLE MORE RESPECT. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE STEVE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SO CUREL.
STEVE WILL BE TRULY MISSED BUT WILL LIVE IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER!!!!
RIP LOVE YA STEVE

poordannielynn

re: death in 3's......Steve Irwin, Daniel Smith, .......? next ???? I'm sure another sad one.