Rachael Ray, Oye Vey! Why'd You Pick Diane?

9/18/2006 4:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Princess of Perk Rachael Ray brought her act to talk-show land this morning, and did her best as a chat neophyte to attract, presumably, a younger female audience by welcoming as her very first guest that unmistakable icon of hip young females everywhere ... Diane Sawyer?

Nothing against the always-elegant and estimable Ms. Sawyer, but surely there might've been someone, somewhere who might've added a bit more star sizzle to the first edition of a nationally-syndicated talk show (Megan Mullally, for instance, had Will Ferrell in skivvies on for her first installment.) Perhaps the boss -- Oprah Winfrey -- didn't want her own appearance tomorrow on the show (and her own premiere) to be overshadowed.

As it was, Ray did her best to combine elements of just about every hosted studio-audience show in existence, including, in descending order of awkwardness, a little coffee-talk time at the top, some eyebrow-raising service segments (cleaning lettuce in the washing machine), and Ray making her trademark quick-prep meals, now whittled down to seven ( from 30) minutes.

Emvee

I TiVo'd this to see what its all about. Let's hope it's not as bad as it sounds. I love Rachael's other shows, annoying as she can be.

Dimples

I watched the Rachael Ray Show today. She interrupted her guests when they spoke. It wasn't very exciting. I think that she talks too much.

Mohamed

SHE IS ONE ANNOYING BEEYAATCH. I LOSE MY APPETITE WHEN I SEE HER ON THE COOKING SHOW, MAYBE IT IS THE SECRET TO LOSING WEIGHT, HAHA. HOW THE F*** DID SHE BECOME SO POPULAR? AMERICANS SEEM TO PUT THE ANNOYING IDIOTS ON PEDESTALS, PARIS HILTON, LINDSEY LOHAN, AND NOW THIS. THE MORE OBNOXIOUS AND ANNOYING, LET'S MAKE THEM BIGGER CELEBRITIES!
JUST SAY NO AMERICA!

Sheila

I watched her show and it was really cute. Give her a chance. She tried to cover a lot of ground this morning in one hour....and was trying to give everyone an idea ofwhat the show might be about. you can't help but like her becasue she is so REAL.

Karen

OH MY GOD, THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOO WAY I COULD EVER TUNE IN TO WATCH THIS TRAIN WRECK AGAIN....ALL I CAN SAY IS "RACHAEL ARE YOU ON CRACK OR SOMETHING?"....I HAVE NEVER SEEN A TALK SHOW HOST SO HYPER, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS AND ANNOYING....NOT ONLY DID SHE INTERRUPT REFINED DIANE SAWYER, BUT SHE CONSTANTLY SHOUTED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING SHE SAID....MAYBE SHE NEEDS RITALIN FOR ADD OR SOMETHING TO CALM HERSELF DOWN....SORRY RACHAEL, A TALK SHOW HOST YOUR NOT....PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE LEFT IN THIS WHACKED OUT WORLD THIS SHOW WILL BE CANCELLED ASAP (EVEN IF THE LEGEND IN HER OWN MIND OPRAH IS BACKING IT)....

Mohamed

REAL? WTF. That ain't real, that is one over the max dosage of Prozac. I can't imagine her sitting down and chilling for a minute, she would explode. It is like that action movie about the guy who gets injected some drug and has to keep moving or else he'll terminate. They need to terminate this show and let Rachel Ray go far away, haha.

Kelly

She is extremely irritating. She could wear out a friggin Army.

Kristen

I found the first 17 seconds of the show highly irritating. "Hello pretty lady". WTF was that?! She has become even more annoying than ever.

Kelly

OMG! I know, I saw and heard her say that too. "Hello Pretty Lady"? Give me a break.

Paul

How could you not like her? She is so fun and sweet!

Emvee

I agree Paul!

Kelly

Paul: Its very simple, she is annoying.

Kelly

She's comes off very loud and obnoxious. A little more training for a daytime show is maybe what she needs. I could not sit and watch her for a full hour.

Missy

She has some really great ideas however her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and she is ENTIRELY too perky. It's annoying because she's constantly talking and most of what comes out of her mouth is inane...you have to sift through to find the useful stuff. A cooking show that is teaching how to do something shouldn't be like that.

Travis Bickle

Rachel Ray is very irritating. From the way she talks to the facial expressions she gives on her food show. I'd rather have a glass rod slipped up my urethra and have hammer smash down on my peepee than watch her. Give her about 2 months before she's recalled like all the spinac in the USA.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments