Anna Nicole's Son -- Fatal Drug Combo?

9/19/2006 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Daniel and Anna Nicole SmithFor the first time, an official in the death of Anna Nicole Smith's son has gone on the record, stating that drugs may have killed Daniel Smith.

Dr. Cyril Wecht, a pathologist and former coroner who was hired by Anna Nicole and signed Daniel's death certificate, tells TMZ, "It could be a drug-related death of an accidental nature."

An official connected with the investigation, who wished to remain anonymous, told TMZ that the drugs in question "were prescription, not illegal." The source added that Daniel had "a combination" of anti-depressants and other prescriptions in his system.

"It could be a drug-related death of an accidental nature."

Dr. Wecht, however, bitterly disagrees with the Coroner of the Bahamas who claims the cause of death has been established to a certainty.

Dr. Wecht says he and another pathologist, Dr. Golinda Raju, both have determined that Daniel's cause of death is unknown, pending the final toxicology report. In sharp contrast, Coroner Linda Virgill tells TMZ, "I stand firm that the cause of death is known."

Dr. Wecht went after Virgill, telling TMZ, "Do you want to believe the two pathologists or a non-physician. I don't know what she's talking about." He reiterated, "I'm telling you I don't know the cause of death. I don't know." Dr. Wecht, who was clearly upset over Virgill's comments, peppered his comments to TMZ with expletives.

Virgill would not reveal the specific cause of death, though she insists it was firmly established last week. She did, however, tell TMZ, "The toxicology report is very important here," buttressing Dr. Wecht's comments that Daniel's death may have been drug-related.

Jennifer

To #12 - you state that you wish everyone would mind their own business - that it is something personal - then why did you read the article? And to #10 - "what goes around comes around"??? The sins of the mother should not reflect on the child.

Hank

#22 Spell check!

Erin

What did she name the baby girl???????

Michele

OK, now I am totally pissed off and want to go where ever Anna Nicole is holed at along with that useless piece of shit Howard and your lesbian assistant, and beat the shit out of all you.

You f**king piece of no good shit. You sold pictures of your dead son with you and that baby of yours to Inside Edition. Why? Didn't you humiliate him enough when he was alive. Are you that hard up for money that you are willing to make this into a circus instead of the tragedy it is, all for money.

May you rot in hell you no good bitch, and never ever have another day of peace or happiness. And whoever the father of that baby of yours is, I hope he takes it away from you, because you do not deserve another chance. You are only going to screw this kid up, like you did Daniel. You are lower than pond scum making money off you dead son.

And don't think for one minute anyone is going to buy your tearful plea that you were sedated and did not know the pictures were sold. You are in a perpetual state of sedation and you always managed to function.

What was to be something beautiful that you could have treasured the rest of your pathetic life, and the memory of your son, you have to balls to turn it around and make it all about you, you piece of shit.

Remember Anna, what goes around, comes around, and he who laughs last, laughs the hardest, and I believe Daniel had the last laugh on your pathetic useless, beyond dysfunctional, sorry life.

My Mom always told me never wish harm to anyone, but you, I hope you never ever get a penny from the Marshall family, may you, Howard and Kim, live the rest of your life in hell. And I only hope that any money you made selling your son's pictures, you spend on medicine for yourself.

Your are beyond a sorry human being. Once trash, always trash. Burn in hell you no good rotten bitch. I only hope I see all the evil that is going to come your way because of what you did. It should have been you who died, not Daniel. He was a decent human being, something you know nothing about. Remember where you came from, because you are going back there with the rest of the trailer park trash.

I am so angry right now, I could spit bullets at you. Burn in hell BITCH!!!!

presy

i was so sick with this gossip about nicole, can you please people leave her alone. no matter what if she a bad or good person she lose her son, let her grieve respectfully, mother can do anything for her child no matter what. she love her son so much. she rise her son for twenty years of her life, if you people think anna is a bad mother just keep it to your self, and leave her alone. its her life and her son, and for anna my heart goes to you and your newborn, maybe oneday even she never meet her big brother, but she always remember him as a big brother. good bless you nicole and your family. pressy. fr. vancuover canada

Michele

#12, get your head out of your ass. She deserves respect, you friggin idiot. She told the last pictures of her son and baby to the highest bidder.

To get respect, you have to earn it. Anna Nicole has never done one thing in her pathetic life to earn respect.

Give her respect to grieve in peace. She is not grieving, she is holed up with that other piece of shit Howard and her lesbian assistant, thinking of ways to make money off the death of her son. Do you not find something terribly wrong in that, or are you just plain stupid.

The only person here who deserves any respect and peace, is Daniel, both of which he is now getting for the first time in his life.

All the rest of them should over-medicate themselves and die.

We, are not amused.

#32 Hank:
B-l-o-w
m-e
y-o-u
a-s-s-w-i-p-e.
Spell check complete!

MONTANA 02

TO ANN NICOLE AND FAMILY, MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS BE WITH YOU. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE YOU IN ANYWAY OR MATTER. THIS IS A SAD TIME FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND A BEAUTIFULL GIRL THAT WONT NO HER BROTHER. HER BROTHER WILL LIVE IN HEART THROUGH YOU AND YEARS TO COME. STAY STRONG, PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY, FAMILY AND GOD BE WITH YOU. "MY FOUND LOVE, PEACE AND JOY IS IN MONTANA" THANKS TO MY HUSBAND--TRUE LOVE --- FREINDSHIP--SINCE 1978-79....

moretocome

OK I have a fork. why don't we just stick a fork in this one?

DIANA HARTLEY

NO MATTER ALL THE HYPE SHE HAS LOST SOMETHING VER Y DEAR TO HER HEART. THE LOSS OF A CHILD THATS A SAD THING. THINKING OF YOU ANNA THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

kick Bachi

THIS BITCH IS A CHEAP HO! DIE! DIEEEEEEE!

LIZ

What are you people thinking?? If anyone is without sin, then please... cast the first stone! Have some compassion, a child has died, and a woman is suffering!

saweres

9. Anna, my heart goes out to you. I lost my son and I know what you're going through and how you feel. God Bless you lovr{maggie}

doug

One should remember the 3Ls. The only drugs one should get hooked on, life, liberty, and love. ".....love is the drug...."

the wise old owl

I agree with post # 33: Anna Nicole is nothing more than an opportunist. Still grabbling for more $$$ after her son's shocking death. I was hoping it was not drug related , but as we can see by this weak attempt of a COVER UP. That is precisely what it is.

When this tragic story came out I stated what I thought about the whole senario. Most people didn't like what I had to say and probably are not going to like it anymore now. However, I still feel the same way. Anna can look at herself in the mirror as to real cause of her son's demise. Unfortunately the finger of fate has to point to someone here, other than Daniel himself. He had lots of help from his dysfunctional mother his whole life. HIs poor tortured soul is finially at rest and now Anna and her possee are left with the devestation and the loss.

I put myself in her shoes through this whole fiasco and come up with the same conclusion every time. Why did she have to drag her child into her spiritually and morally corupt world.? Why couldn't she have protected him like a mother should ?

She was wrong. She was a bad mother and now she is paying the ultimate price. The loss of her child. I don't care how many drugs she is on, how sedated she has been. If this doesn't wake her up , than nothing will. I pray for that little girl. May some good role model come into her life and spare her from the same fate.
It's never too late to change , but it seems that Anna is so far gone, with so many brain cells now destroyed from the over endulgence of drugs , she just can't think anymore. A shell just going through the motions.

My god , who goes out and sells pictures of her DEAD SON for profit ? Who does that ? I better find out that the $$ went to a child charity or else I will be really pisst off too. Just when I thought this tramp could scoop no lower, SHE DOES.

I have compassion, love and sorrow where it deserves to be applied. I have run out as far as Anna Nicole goes. She is a pathetic person who should remember for the rest of her life, the example she set for her son. He was so impressionable and she runied him. May God speed and may Daniel rest in peace. Anna was very selfish and so absorbed in herself she was unable to properly care for him. Children's services should pay her a call as soon as she gets back in the states. They need to protect that litle girl.