Paris Shows Oprah How It's Done

9/19/2006 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click here to return to TMZ.comThe season premiere of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" started out with a bang... er... well, a rich person having a hard time doing a simple everyday task.

To open the show, Oprah and her BFF Gayle King embarked on a cross-country road trip surprising unsuspecting Americans by dropping in unannounced at weddings and other events. The toughest part of the trip for Oprah however wasn't the road itself, but at the gas station. The Queen of TV had to be helped out as she fumbled with the pump, saying "I haven't pumped gas since 1983."

Lucky for her, someone came to her rescue and demonstrated the proper technique for fueling your car. We aren't the only ones laughing as Oprah realized how silly the task was and said "I feel kind of stupid not being able to pump gas, but I thought, well maybe they've changed the pumps since I've last pumped."

On the other side of the United States, Paris Hilton showed Oprah how it's done. Paris proved she's the pro at the pump-- one-handed, in high-heels and talking on the phone.

Truthseeker

When she heard "top off", that's what she did. First the tank, then her shirt. That started a riot which knocked her senseless (if that's possible). Her cell phone went skimming across the asphalt , generating sparks that ignited the 20 gallons of hi-test. we watched her pump. Result: explosion. Case closed.

judy

GET A LIFE GIRL!!!
You ain't nothin'!

Margaret

I had heard that Cell Phones were a NO NO while pumping gas because of possible ignition and explosions. (Static Electricity).
Now, some comments say scientists say this is not so......
I feel I would rather err on the side of not using my cell in these locals so my self and others MIGHT NOT get burned to death.
I might suggest that Ms Hilton do the same until someone actually comes up and says yea or nay with some authority on this 'highly volitile' subject.

Myrna Bowles

It's not the changing of the gas pumps since 1983 because its not been that long. Is that Oprah has money now and if she has some one to do it for her and she pays that other person to do hishers job why should she do it. She is not spoiled either she is rich. On the other hand is good to know stuff like this because you never know what will happen if your by your self if ther is no one out there to help you. Some people are not famous and are not rich like Oprah and probably don't know how to pump gas too. But Oprah again dont let money and you being rich affect the things you need to do on a daily basis. There is people out there that might need your help one day and you might not have your helpers. You would feel real good if you did something and knowing that you did it right. Dont let money take over your life. It's not good.

Ms.Ellie

NO DISRESPECT TO OOPRAH, BUT SHE IS JUST REALLY BECOMING HISTORY SO FAST THAT IT IS GONNA GO DOWN IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE WENT FROM DIRT POOR TO FILTHY RICH TO FAST TO APPRECIATE IT.

I GIVE HER BIG PROPS FOR ALL HAS AS WELL AS ALL

SHE HAS DONE FOR OTHERS.

BUT AGAIN SHE REMINDS ME OF GARTH BROOKS!!(ha,ha,ha)

RD

Oprah is a total worthless person, I'm not going to call her a woman because she wouldn't make a wart on a good woman's rear end. Money has bought her everything except a personality, if it wasn't for her money there wouldn't be one single person from Hollywood or anywhere eles for that matter even talk to her. She's gotten rich off of really stupid people, AKA anyone who buys her mag. or thinks her advice is worth 2 cents.

Ric

I honestly dont even think she is attractive. seriously. I can almost say that she is on the homely side. Troll like.

Ric

Not a pretty girl...Im sorry but she is almost Troll like

jcgordon

To all of you.....

Who gives a rats ass?

katy

paris, your new music video is awsome. xD

good job @ the pump, girl.
you sureum... showed that pump.

Nessa

Wow, Oprah doesn't know how to pump her own gas?! Now, you can tell she has been living such a humble life. Not having to do it since 1983 they haven't changed. On top of that there are directions on how to do it.

As far as her being gay because of this (according to Rosie O'Donald) I don't think proves anything. Who cares if she is (or even has a crush on her BBF) or isn't?! It's her life, and her business. Think about it, what if that were you.

As for Rosie I used to love her. Thought she was so funny. Now that she's one the view I think she puts her personal opinion out there too much. I have been deeply offended my some of the things she says.

Elizabeth Kiernan

Sorry, dont quite get why all the high acolades to nParis. If she REALLY haf any "clue" about pumping gas, she wouldnt take such huge unneccesary "risks" in cell phone usage while pumping gas,,, unless she was creating an opportunity that just in case of instant death she would look really good!

Michelle

OK, this is how many times this week I've seen Oprah dissed? What's up with that? She's cool, she's beautiful, glam beautiful in makeup and coiffed, naturally beautiful plain.
I think other people are just tired of Oprah being number one at everything they want to do too. So, let's make her gay (not), let's make her stupid (not), let's make her a rich snob (not), let's make her a spoiled brat (not) and let's call her ugly (not).
Let's make these cows with their juvenile petty little comments go away. YES!!!!!
I'll take the woman with class (Oprah), the woman with integrity (Oprah), the woman with the heart for others (Oprah) over the self-centered, vain, spoiled, way too skinny, way too boring Paris Hilton any day!

Matilda

Was Oprah joking that she couldn't pump gas? Why, didn't she have a car when she was a struggling journalist?

Paris Hilton was born rich, HILTON OK? Old money, real wealth. From the time she was born she was served hand and foot by maids, nannies, butlers, driven by chauffers and have enjoyed the best things "real" wealthy people have. Goodness, with all that, she pumps gas? You go girl! She could be a lot of negative things to other people but obnoxious rich girl, she is not!! She is for REAL you all!!! Her upbringing is commendable. 50 year old woman, didn't know how to pump gas? Come on!!!!

Mitzi

I am so sick of Paris Hilton. It's over-kill. Let her retire (voluntarily or involuntarily).