Paris Shows Oprah How It's Done

9/19/2006 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click here to return to TMZ.comThe season premiere of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" started out with a bang... er... well, a rich person having a hard time doing a simple everyday task.

To open the show, Oprah and her BFF Gayle King embarked on a cross-country road trip surprising unsuspecting Americans by dropping in unannounced at weddings and other events. The toughest part of the trip for Oprah however wasn't the road itself, but at the gas station. The Queen of TV had to be helped out as she fumbled with the pump, saying "I haven't pumped gas since 1983."

Lucky for her, someone came to her rescue and demonstrated the proper technique for fueling your car. We aren't the only ones laughing as Oprah realized how silly the task was and said "I feel kind of stupid not being able to pump gas, but I thought, well maybe they've changed the pumps since I've last pumped."

On the other side of the United States, Paris Hilton showed Oprah how it's done. Paris proved she's the pro at the pump-- one-handed, in high-heels and talking on the phone.

Brenda

FIRST OF ALL, ITS NOT THAT HARD TO PUMP GAS IN HEELS AND ON THE CELL PHONE. I DO IT ALL THE TIME, BUT I USUALLY HATE BEING ON THE PHONE. I TELL PPL TO CALL BACK, I'M BUSY. AND FOR OPRAH...WELL, I REALLY LOVE HER, BUT SHE IS KINDA GIVING FEMALES A BAD NAME. I MEAN, COME ON SHE IS VERY VERY SMART, ITS NOT HARD TO FIGURE OUT THE GAS PUMP. MAKES YOU THINK SHE MIGHT BE REALLY A BLONDE. OOPPSSS, I'M A BLONDE, (NATURALLY). ANYWAYS ...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OPRAH,A ND PARIS.PLEASE STOP PUMPING AT THE PUMPS.

Lily

Paris sucks...............sorry lovinparis........you suck too, sad lil girl

Maggie

Some one should tell Paris that using a cell phone while pumping gas can cause an explosion.

Devynn

actually, britney spears and kevin federline have shown us that pumping gas and talking on your cell at the same time doesn't kill you. or else, they'd be dead by now! :p i give mad props to paris for being able to know how to do it. goes to show you that just b/c you're rich doesn't mean that you don't have to know some basic things in life, namely, how to take care of yourself! i hope oprah learned from this and can help herself if she gets stranded. but maybe b/c she's oprah, she'll still get help. :p

Tracey

She may know how to pump gas on her own, but obviously she can't read the sign on the pump that says "DO NOT USE CELLPHONES WHILE PUMPING GAS". Oh yeah, maybe it's because she can't read, or she's too stupid to understand what that means.

Devynn

and to miss kathy who said that oprah hasn't done anything for white ppl, if you look at numbers, whites are STILL the majority in this country, blacks make up only 13%! so if she made donations to a bunch of charity groups that did not specify that they were about helping ONLY CERTAIN ppl, you can GARAUNTEE that oprah was helping out a bunch of white ppl. her own foundations and charities cater to ALL! look who's in her audience! if she's giving away anything, MOST of it will go to the white women sitting in her audience. and it's a FACT that a LOT, if not MOST white hairdressers can't do black ppl's hair. 1) it's b/c they are never taught (i guess being a hairdresser comes with racial qualifications :p) and 2) most of them are too scared to do it, once they figure out how and why black hair works the way it does. be happy all you want over there, but she isn't being racist. just telling the truth about the matter. and yet, so many desperate white house wives love her. it's all in the numbers baby, b/c black women don't fall all over themselves for her the way white women do. she's been saying and doing the same stuff we've been saying and doing for YEARS! she's just got an outlet for it and america is now ready to listen to it. i STILL can't believe she can't pump her own gas, tho......

Pete

SADIE: Why couldn't I have met you when my time was right? Your time sounds like now for someone lucky.
Don't give those dingbat Paris lovers any mind. They probably don't have any, just like their idol. What a waste of time to ogle some celeb that's got no brains, talent or looks!
Keep writing, you're interesting.

jan

My only comment is that yes-it is really stupid to use a cell phone while pumping gas-because it could have an explosion reaction-BUT before you all comment on the "stupidity" of such actions-YOUmight learn how to spell if you are trying to make an intellectual statement-By trying to make an observation -try to make your comments more informed than the mistakes the people you are criticizing-at the very least-learn how to spell-or if you are too lazy to do that-use your spell-check-Have a good day

Alex

I guess I can't bag on Paris anymore. I won't even pump my own gas. But only because gas stations scare me. Maybe cellphones are the best defense against skeevy guys trying to bug you.

Peggy Free

Paris Hilton is a disgrace!

she adds nothing to helping people ,she is self serving I have seen her give alcohol to a 13 year old at the Playboy mansion...she is not a good role model.

sorry guys wake up and smell the coffee to one who dances to the devil dance

Jesus

I heard a rumor once, that Paris Hilton's vagina is the location of the secret elephant graveyard. But of course thats not true. Everyone knows she rents her vagina out as a warehouse for old Boeing 747s. The elephant graveyard is in her nose.

anonymous

[quote]
"But Paris is NO exception to any other celebrity. But you're jealous mind can't realize it. [unquote]" Number 13

BUT SHE IS THE "EXCEPTION" TO EVERY OTHER CELEBRITY....SHE IS OVERATED AND HER "CLAIM TO FAME" IS HER NAME!! WITHOUT IT SHE WOULD BE NOTHING AND HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE!!

anonymous

[i]This isn't about me or Paris. You are jealous of her that's why you say "PARIS WOULD NEVER EVEN HANG OUT WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A BILLION DOLLARS AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR HER.

But what your ugly little heart doesn't realize is that Paris is just like any celebrity out there. They don't have time for us. You really think that your favourite celebrity would hang out with you also?[/i]

Paris [i]isn't[/i] just like "any other celebrity out there". People mock her and make fun of her. They don't understand why she's famous and gets so much media attention; in fact without her name she wouldn't have gotten anywhere because she really has no talent or skills to fall back on. Other than having a knack of getting herself into the tabloids. You are very cynical. Many celebrities devote themselves to worthy causes. That's "making time for their fans".

[i]

NO I WON'T HATE PARIS HILTON JUST BECAUSE SHE'S RICH, BEAUTIFUL AND FAMOUS! I'm not the one who has a bad and "discriminating" heart.[/i]

You should feel stupid...Paris IS the exception because her claim to fame all about her name...without it the media would have no interest in her AT ALL and she would have no money fly herself around the world or to fund her career as a either pseudo actor or singer. Most people are not "jealous" of her but would like to have the same opportunities afforded her.

Michael of SF

OK, so what the hell is the big freakin' deal? I mean, my God, she's just a regular, ordinary person, like you and I! I guess there are some people out there that just have too much time on their hands, and have absolutely nothing else better to do!

anonymous

NUMBER 14 WROTE:

"This isn't about me or Paris. You are jealous of her that's why you say "PARIS WOULD NEVER EVEN HANG OUT WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A BILLION DOLLARS AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR HER."

"But what your ugly little heart doesn't realize is that Paris is just like any celebrity out there. They don't have time for us. You really think that your favourite celebrity would hang out with you also?"

"In fact, I feel very stupid for saying this because knowing Paris, she's the only celebrity out WHO GIVES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH OF HER TIME TO HER FANS."

[UNQUOTE]

You don't know Paris and she has given nothing to her fans!! You yourself acknowledge that in your statement. She could care less about her fans! What she feeds on is constant media attention which gives her the false impression of that the public adulates her, which it doesn't.

Number 14 CONTINUES: [QUOTE]

"Paris is NO exception to any other celebrity. But you're jealous mind can't realize it.

NO I WON'T HATE PARIS HILTON JUST BECAUSE SHE'S RICH, BEAUTIFUL AND FAMOUS! I'm not the one who has a bad and "discriminating" heart."
[UNQUOTE]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Many people find Paris UGLY and that includes her attitude in general! She is not particularly beautiful, and she has no carisma to speak of. She has used her money to have her face surgically enhanced. The public hates her not because of her fame but because she is famous for no apparent reason. She has a knack for getting herself into the news and for getting people to notice her. She only "pretends" to care what how the public perceives her; in reality she couldn't care less. She thrives on media attention (it is like a narcotic to her).