And TWINS!!!

9/20/2006 1:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Marcia Cross, Patrick DempseyFor the love of Mary-Kate and Ashley what is going on in Hollywood? According to our friends over at Celebrity Baby Blog, six celebrity couples are currently expecting twins. SIX!!!

Us Weekly reported this week that "Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross was expecting twins with her new hubby, Tom Mahoney. Cross is due in April.

She's just the latest the reveal she's expecting double the baby, double the fun. "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey is expecting two McBabies with his wife. They already have a daughter Tallulah, 4.

Diddy and his girlfriend, Kim Porter, are expecting a pair of girls, Melissa Etheridge and Tammy Lynn Michaels are expecting a boy and a girl, Elvis Costello and Diana Krall are having twins in December, and Strokes guitarist Nick Valensi and his wife Amanda de Cadenet are due as well.

And this doesn't even include the set of Irish twins Britney just had.

bamer

I don't get the Britney comment at the end...somebody help me out.

Heathert

First!

stoopit

Irish Twins is an expression for babies that are born within a year of each other.

Caroline

Haha, you weren't first. Stupid!

Ga Girl

I'd guess most of them are having twins b/c of fertility treatments. Especially at their ages, I wouldn't be surprised.
Maybe not Diddy -- I don't see him making that kind of an effort to have babies with a non-wife.

do something about it

Marcia is so adorable. And for diddys kids sake I hope they dont have daddys teeth that would be horrible

R. Mays

The term "Irish twins" is also considered a slur against the Irish.

kathleen

Yes, I would say it is a SIGN of INVITROFERTILIZATION!

sherri

hate to say it but Irish twins are not twins, they are still two different ages and doing two different things.

and anon who cares what its a sign of invitro or not. they are babies and humans.

I had twins, naturally, identical at that. doesnt mean my kids are better than invitro twins.

s

Red Sox Fan

I agree that it's probably due to invitro due to their ages.

gotta getta life

Is it safe to continue with the botox while pregnant? Isn't that a toxin?

Dom

Invitro is against the bible and is unnatural.No cloning. Babies are not just babies. We still don't know if these children will have problems later on in life due to the process.

POOR BRIT

DOM, THAT IS A CRUEL THING TO SAY. THEY ARE HUMAN, THEY ARE NOT MADE OF SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU AND I ARE, THEY ARE JUST CONCEIVED IN A DIFFERENT WAY, ALL CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING AND IF THESE CHILDREN ARE BORN WITH SOME SORT OF PROBLEM I'M SURE THEY WONT BE LOVED ANY LESS. IF PEOPLE CHOOSE THIS METHOD TO HAVE CHILDREN THAN THATS GREAT, GOOD FOR THEM

Jay

Dom you're an uneducated idiot. Invitro involves harvesting the mother's eggs and fertilizing them outside the womab with the father's sperm. It's not cloning you spaz.

Regardless, I think the mothers are taking the hormone Clomid which can produce more than one egg while still conceieving naturally.

No, Botox should not be done during pregancy. It is a toxic. Much like you shouldn't smoke or drink alcohol.

kathleen

I agree with Dom on this one.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments