Oprah Gets Lucky

9/20/2006 9:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah WinfreyOprah Winfrey believes the world revolves around Oprah, but not in Montecito, Calif., where 12 -- count 'em -- 12 billionaires reside. As one plugged-in resident tells TMZ, "Oprah's nobody special: There are lots of insanely rich and famous people here." But then again, maybe not: At least one swanky steak house -- Lucky's in Montecito -- thinks Oprah is a big, big deal. When Oprah gets a hankering for a little sumthin'-sumthin' after hours, the steak house staff jumps into action.

Recently, sometime after the kitchen closed officially at 10:30PM, Ms. Winfrey paid a surprise visit to the steakhouse and the normally eager-to-leave kitchen crew was more than willing to fire up the grill just for the Queen of Talk. Who knew that "O" stood for "Open any time"? Perhaps Lucky's learned a lesson from the Hermés playbook -- never tell Oprah you're closed.

Angelina JolieAngelina Buys $400,000 Worth of Bizarre Art – With a Bullet

This ought to brighten up the view in Shiloh's nursery: Angelina Jolie bought hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of art at a recent LA show by British artist-provocateur Banksy at a downtown LA warehouse, including a $226,000 painting that shows starving African children looking on as a white family eats a picnic lunch under an umbrella.

According to Star magazine, Angie especially liked a white bust with a bleeding bullet hole in the forehead which went for, oh, $75,000. And then there was the portrait of a man hit in the head with a custard pie – that one went for another $75,000. Angelina restrained herself however, from buying the show's centerpiece, a life-sized red and gold elephant.

Whitney HoustonDippy Divas Unite: Whitney Mentored By Courtney

If there's one songstress out there who might be an even bigger train wreck than Whitney Houston has been in recent years, it's Courtney Love. And yet, according to reports, legendary music producer Clive Davis enlisted the famously unstable Love's services to help Houston, who is on her way to divorcing pop star hubby Bobby Brown, kick her drug problems.

After getting the call from Davis, Love jumped at the chance to be a steadying influence on Whitney, according to Us Weekly (via IMDb), and now the two are getting along famously. Love has introduced Whitney to her own addiction counselor Warren Boyd, and Davis is paying for the expensive sessions.

Davis, meanwhile, is getting the newly-healthy Whitney back onto the singing treadmill, and would love if she made her big comeback by the Grammys early next year. If all goes as planned, says Page Six, Whitney could have a new album out by 2007: "We are going to make a great album. She is talking enthusiastically and is articulate. In opinion, the best singers in the world are Aretha [Franklin] and Whitney."

Jean-Michel CousteauCousteau Blasts Irwin -- "Don't Mess With Nature"

Jean-Michel Cousteau wagged a big Gallic finger at the late Steve Irwin Tuesday, saying that if the beloved Crocodile Hunter hadn't interfered with nature by jumping on and grabbing animals, he'd still be alive.

Promoting his own two-part TV special, Cousteau said that while he mourns the death of Irwin, whose funeral was held in Queensland yesterday, and called it "very, very unfortunate," it was Irwin's gonzo approach to nature television that cost him his life. "It sells, it appeals to a lot of people, but I think it's very misleading. You don't touch nature, you just look at it. And that's why I'm still alive. I've been diving over 61 years – a lot many more years than he's been alive – and I don't mess with nature."

Tori Spelling

Party Favors: Tori To Play Gossip Reporter, Jack Gets Strapped Into Scorsese Flick, HBO Gets Gym Teacher Show From Ferrell

After being hounded by them for years, Tori Spelling will get to play a gossip columnist in a guest role in the CW's "Smallville" this season, says TV Guide ... Jack Nicholson tells Rolling Stone magazine that he convinced director Martin Scorsese to let him improvise a sex scene in their new film "The Departed," bringing a certain strapped-on sex implement into a threesome with two women ... HBO has snapped up the rights to "P.E.," a hotly sought-after new comedy series from Will Ferrell's production company Gary Sanchez Productions. The series is about a former major leaguer who has to go back to his hometown to teach gym.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

Patsy

Whitney -- I am so glad that Whitney H. is finally dumping Mr. Brown! She had such a great rep before marrying Bobby Brown. Her drug use, bad/weird lifestyle has gone on for way to long!
I really, really, really hope she dumps him for good....and gets drug free.....and rebuilds her life and career. Mostly to set a good example for her daughter! That little girl has seen way to much stuff and needs to see a positive influence before it is to late for the daughter.

Evy Wilson

I am so thankful that Whitney Houston has split from Bobby Brown. They had a very unhealthy relationship built on addiction. They both need help and counseling to see their value and true potential.. I am hoping that Whitney will recover and we will see great things from her in the future. Whitney tried to convince us a few years back that the huge diamond on her hand was a sign that things were not so bad. Her eyes told the true story. The window to her soul was sad and empty. It's so not about money but, about being happy living in your own skin and living out your dreams. Addictions are a hiding place that will only steal your dreams.

Ann Henderson

I believe Whitney can do anything she wants with Clive Davis. Staying clean is the one os her focus and the main focus is God. She knows that and she knows what to do. I am looking forward to hearing Whitney sing again. You can do it girl.

J.S.

Angelina gives over 1/3 of all of her income to charity- that is a fact that has been proven by the media several times over the years. Can't someone who has worked for her fortune spend a little of it on herself without others jealousy and envy critisizing???!!!! C'mon- how many of you give to charity and are actively involved in bettering poverty stricken areas of the world?? Much less giving LARGE donations to charity on a regular basis. If it is that atrocious to you that she went on a shopping spree for herself- go make your own fortune and give it all to charity- I suspect you too would go on a shopping spree or two with your fortune also- and by the way- WHO CARES!!!????

PEPPA

JUST THOUGHT I'D TUNE IN TO THE EVOO TWIT.... AND AS USUAL SHE SUCKS..... SHE'S PHONY AND HAS PULLED THE EVER FAMOUS WOOL OVER THE SELF PROCLAIMED GOD OF ALL HUMANS QUEEN OPPREE.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW NORMALLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE CAN'T SEE THROUGH THE SAMMI YUMMO GIRL.

I DO GIVE HER CREDIT... SHE KNOWS HOW TO MARKET HERSELF... BUT SHE 'S SUCH AN UNAPPEALING UNEDUCATED MORON !!

SO HERE'S MY WORD FOR MS. LARD ASS >>> YUCKO ;0)

I GUESS YOU JUST HAVE TO BE A REAL ITALIAN TO BE ABLE TO SEE THROUGH RR'S SHIT !!.... THIS SHOW WON'T LAST VERY LONG.

Don Davis

It seems like a lot of people on here are more worried on how sucessful people spend their money. We all live the land of the Great. I came from a poor poverished white trash family and with a step father that use to batter me, I finally at the age of 151/2 I crawled out the window of our 3 bedroom 1 bath home with 10 of us living their and have not been home since. I have always worked hard sometimes having 3 jobs, cleannng homes, dishwasher, working in a factory, working on a garbage truck etc.
I was always very determined with a 7grade education too get any where in life I had to surround myself with winners, treat people with respect, and have atttitude that if people that did well for themselfs, that I could do it just as well.
Here I am 55yrs old self employed, own and live in a Penthouse, drive a new Mercedes. and give to so many charities, and with my 7 half brother and sisters are still white trash.
My net worth is approximately 5 million, does that mean I should give it all back to the poor. and not live in the Penthouse, and not drive a new car, just because so many people only want to work 9 to 5, and only bitch what other people have. The opportunity is their for everyone you just have to work for it.

Shirl

First time I ever heard Whitney sing, I was mesmerized. She has one of the most beautiful voices in all of the song world. I think every music genre she sings, she does an over-the-top job on. I am praying for her that she'll get back on track and grace us with a new album and more movies. Glad somebody like Clive is in her corner. I hated to see her go down like she did, but all of us have some things in our lives that we wouldn't have done if we could back up and try again. Good luck, Whitney!

As for Jacques making those dumb comments about Steve, I couldn't believe he dared to open his mouth and say such an evil thing. And, how nice of him to wait until all this time after Steve's passing to exhibit his jealousy. And, yes, that's what it sounds like to me --- jealousy. Was he [Jacques] trying to put an even greater blight onto his own career? Surely, he has to know that when you speak badly at a time like this about someone who is held dear to a lot of people that you are only turning even more people against ever seeing you on the front burner yourself. Ahhhh, well..........

poor2

to comment 68:
your comments concerning a crack pipe were very harsh and judging!! consider the fact that drug dependency is a real issue and should not be wished upon anyone. perhaps maybe a little compasion should be given to some of those whom have fell victim to this brutal disease. none of us can judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Pritchett

How do people know that Brad and Anjelina don't give massive amounts of money to charity. I'm sure they do their share in making certain every thing possible is done to provide for many charitable interests before they buy art. They are entitled to spend their money any way they choose.

Jerry Pritchett

I have nothing but respect for Brad and Angelinia.. not only do they support ART but they do many things for many different charities..People who criticize those in the spotlight should imagine what it must be like to have their every move under the microscope.

MAMAW

As far as I know, and I am by no means wealthy, $400,000 is not a lot to pay for several pieces of art! And the painting with the white family eating a picnic while starving Africans look on, I would hang it in my dining room to remind me to give more to foreign aid and it might also help me lose weight. How many of ya'll go to different countries trying to find out how you can help? How many of you built a hospital in Nambimbia (sp?) where Angelina had her baby. And how many millions have you spent helping people who are starving? Don't be so quick to judge. How would "they" judge you? As far as the statue with the bullet hole through the forehead, I would just hold it up every time my husband pissed me off! hahahahahaha

Ron

Cousteau's comments are tasteless and a bad reflection on his family. It's a shame he didn't inherit the restraint and tact of his father.

I didn't watch Steve Irwin's programs much. My children loved them. He was a truely talented and special man. The world is a little poorer with his loss.

Angelina proves that money definately doesn't mean taste and quality. I believe the old term was ' new money.' She is proof positive of the self absorbed nature of the current upper class of our country. It's so sad that our leaders and the celebrities of this country, like Bush and Angelina, care so little for the people who put them where they are. Like several people have said, put your money where your mouth is, folks.

Mac

Steve P... Wake up man... If I have a million or two, and choose to buy a Rolls instead of a house or ten for New Orleans, it's my business, wouldn't you agree? That's the beauty of having your own fortune... You can do anything you want with it. It's yours. I suppose you'd be happier with a system where the government gives everyone their 'allowance', and everybody gets the same amount of money. Hey man, be a star, start a successful business, get filthy rich. Then you can spend YOUR money on as many New Orleans houses as you want.

CHAZ

ANGELINA AND OTHERS WITH MORE MONEY THEN THEY KNOW WHAT
TO DO WITH. SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN AND HOMELESS
HERE IN THE UNITED STATES FIRST. IT`S OUR MONEY THAT MAKES HER
RICH. SO HOW ABOUT GIVING SOME OF IT BACK TO PEOPLE WHO NEED IT.
HERE IN THE USA.

Wanda

Angelina and Brad make me sick. All the money they have, they should help out the people in America, homeless, hungry, the suffering. Look around its in your back yard. What about Brad going to New Orleans, take Angelina's money, build those houses. I think all the people in Hollywood should get together and put their money together and help all America. They need to stop and think who made them rich. The middle class citizens going out for the evening to see that special movie. Think about it. Maybe they should have at the theatres, so much of the money spent goes to the needy people.