Clay -- The No-Answer Answer

9/21/2006 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On "Good Morning America" this morning, Clay Aiken wouldn't say whether he was gay or not -- but his unrelenting skirting around the issue suggested that he could very well be gay, but just doesn't want to talk about it, calling it a "waste of my time."

When asked, point blank, by Diane Sawyer whether he was going to come out in the interview, Aiken gave an odd shrieky cackle, then said that he wouldn't address the speculation. And, with some nervousness, he called the speculation into his sexuality "invasive" and "rude." Finally, when asked by Diane Sawyer if it was "misleading" for him to talk about liking women in interviews just after his run on "American Idol," Aiken responded by saying he was "naive."

Aiken also said that he isn't unduly curious about other celebrities' (or people's) lives -- except for the "whole Jen and Angelina" thing.

trish

This is probably really corney but...............Who cares if he is GAY or STRAIGHT!!!! At this day and age ...........Why are we still concerned about peoples sexuality? Lets worry about whether they are good people and if they gives back to their community.

Angie

Who really cares? Does being gay or straight change the fact that he is selling music? I say good for him for not answering personal questions that are none of our business anyway! Good grief what gives anyone the idea that they have the right to know what he does when he isn't in the public eye? From everything I have seen of him he has always been respectful and that is what matters, not what he is doing behind closed doors. As a mom I can only imagine how his mother must feel with everyone "attacking" her precious child with such personal questions. He seems to be a great singer and sells his music and she should be able to be happy about that without all of the other stuff that is coming along with it. Good luck to Clay and his family.

Livewire

Gay Aiken is more fruity than Liberace at a flower shop!

LIVEWIRE- you know the name, don't wear it out!

No Need For A Name

Gay or not I still think his music is just plain mediocre.

stephen s

I actually thought he was hetero because he said so... but after this awkward interview, I'm not so sure. The whole thing is so lame... besides, how is it an "attack" to be thought to be gay.... I certainly don't let it ruin my day if people assume that I'm straight!

Jenn

He is so gay. I don't know why he wont admit it. Years from now he will finally admit it, just like Lance Bass did...

the wise old owl

MY NAME IS CLAY AKINS, AND I AM GAY DAHHHH !!!!!!!

.SO THERE !!! NOW, WAS THAT SO HARD ?

Hey Livewire : good post. What's Up ?

Ms Kris

Yep, Clay learned this lesson well......

Follow the OLD rule of NOT ANSWER A QUESTION SO YOU CAN BE DISHONEST .

And, I always thought being honest was the CORRECT way to be.

Horrible hair cut Clay, I will be HONEST about that.

Joey

Of course its hard for someone to say they are gay...noone wants to be gay, and if you do, you got problems. If you are straight you have no idea how it is. Noones wants to be ridiculed, laughed at, thought of as an abomination.... everyone wants to get married, have a family with children. These stupid brainwashed christians convince everyone that being who you are is wrong and want us to marry a woman, force ourselves to have sex with them... just like whores do to there customers... and lie to ourselves and the world. As a gay guy that tried to force myself to be with women, I completely understand where he is coming from so leave him alone..You people are so mean, people are born that way, its a proven fact that they proved in people's DNA and there genes, Its like being black, indian, etc. you have no say in who you are attacted to, you can only hide and live a lie...but lying to yourself and others is a sin, so you cant win with these stupid brainwashed bible reading fools....and yes I do beleive in God and Jesus, I accept Him, and do not beleive he is an evil person that casts people to hell for loving another person that the chrsitian bible written by 44 different people has tried to convince us to beleive

Mike V.

He's a Peter Puffer!!!

Caroline

John, we fought the good fight my friend.

beware of big dark HERPE caves

i saw Clay on Insider or ET last night. I had never heard him talk before. All you have to do is listen to him and u know he is a "Peter Puffer."

someone

Please! Clay has said he is NOT gay, so many times, but some people refuse to listen...I understand what he said " it makes no difference what he says, people will believe what ever they want to believe", you people above are a perfect example of this statement..What difference does it make to any one but him? It won't change any ones lives...Leave him alone to live his life whatever way he wants...

the wife

I don't think you can compare being gay to what race you are.. Being gay is about your sexuality and shouldn't be compared to being black, white, etc... I don't know if I agree its genetic, but if there is sound scientific proof, than we'll see.. Clay can stay in the closet if he wants to. We shouldn't care what he does in his bed. If he's paying his taxes and not breaking the law in any way, he has a right to live his life however he choose...

cee

Well Clay has said many times that he is not gay. No one listened then, why should he repeat it yet one more time? He DID say that the tabloid stories were lies.

And, in the end, why does it matter?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments