Lou Diamond Phillips Charged With Battery

9/21/2006 8:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lou Diamond PhillipsActor Lou Diamond Phillips was charged with domestic battery late Thursday by the City Attorney of Los Angeles. As TMZ first reported, Phillips was arrested and booked on August 11, 2006 for an argument with his girlfriend that turned physical. Police were called to the actor's home around 2:00 a.m. and found the couple in a heated argument.

TMZ has obtained documents, filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, that say Phillips "unlawfully used force and violence upon the person." The charge comes with a maximum of one year in jail and a $2000 dollar fine.

Phillips is due back in court for arraignment on October 18, 2006.

A call to Phillips' reps was not immediately returned.

Dimples

I say throw him in the slammer.

haterj

NOOOOOOOOO...not my richie!!!!!

Stephanie

Well this dude is one of my fav actors......his wife prob has a big mouth and when he got tired of her he slapped the btch up she cried boohoo oh he hit me like all women do..... iam a woman too but hell i do not need cops to defend me iam quite capable of defending myself........ rack em up < up comes the knee> these winey azz women who always get there mouth going then cry when SLAP across the face well hell you like slapped on the azz but cannot handle a slap across the face...... well i just guess iam to damn dominate because i say let the good times roll bring it on let's get it on........ but then i can hold my own with a man iam not a big ole puss who cries boohoo boohoo he hit me.... Durr ladies get up on your feet and clobber the sht outta em pick up whatever you have to and slam there azz down.....

PN

Maybe Lou Diamond Phillips was angry because he has had too many box office bombs, he got frustrated by too many bad movie reviews by critics and so forth. But I just don't accept this at all with what he did to that woman. He should be in JAIL! She needs to leave him when she can, because this fellow is out of control and overly violent. And I'm not going to watch another movie with Lou in it AGAIN!!!! I hope your next movie BOMBS big time and has empty seats in the movie theatres!!!!!

Paris Jenkins'

Where's Paris? LOL....

Paris Jenkins'

Dude!

Paris Jenkins'

Is this La Bamba Dude ...goin' to walk? mmmmmmmmm. Survey says! YES!

Paris Jenkins'

All his roles, if any, from now on......he needs to play the victim for a change, for now he is in the biggest role of his life.....DENIAL. {NOT THE RIVER IN EGYPT] lol!

Paris Jenkins'

We need to get the TMZ camera's right over to the scene, so wheres his mug shot?--------love paris!

Alix

Coward sonofabitch!

Paris Jenkins'

Too bad he was not in the same cell as the 'DOG'......LOL. Love Paris!!

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT BOB?WHERE WAS BOB AT?BOB IN THE SLAMMER?IS HE GOING TO BAILL BOB OUT?

Caroline

Gary, it's not ok for a woman to hit a man either. I don't condone that behavior as a woman, unless it's self defense.

Caroline

Stephanie- the way you spell makes me guess you're on crack.
Yeah, and I don't like being smacked on the ass.

sam

I think "Stephanie" is a guy, and a dumb one at that.

And to the others trying to defend a women beater. This is not the first time Lou has been arrested for domestic violence and this is not the only women to have reported him to the police. So statistically it won’t be his last either. No one should hit someone else, man or women. You can still like his acting that’s a separate issue, but don’t try to defend this punks behavior. Unless you live in the south and have no teeth, because that’s the picture that comes to mind.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments