Mother Hawn

To the Rescue

9/21/2006 1:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click here to return to TMZ.comThe last couple of weeks have been a little shakey for Kate Hudson. After splitting from her husband, Kate needed some sun, sand and meditation. She immediately jetted off to Hawaii to escape from the rat race and take it down a notch.

Now she's returned home to the nest and has been spending time getting support from her mother Goldie Hawn. The two were seen shopping in Santa Monica on Tuesday. While Kate appeared to be indecisive as to where to go, Goldie stepped in and took control of the reigns. Good ol' mom to the rescue.

Caroline

What the hell is Kate wearing?

SICK IGNORANCE

THESE TWO LOOK A WRECK. MOVIE STARS. NOT!!

the wise old owl

Post #1 : What's wrong with the way they look? I think they look great.

Goldie is about 60 years old and looks fabulous. Movie starts don't run around in full make-up, hair and wardrobe when they are casually out shopping. They certainly look better than your adverage Joe. Let's get realistic here.

Curious

Movie stars don't always have to look their best. I think they look great. They have to have some down time and why shouldn't they look comfortable?

SICK IGNORANCE

yes, I agree that they need down time. but they are in public and their clothes at least Kate's look a wreck. Being comfortable doesn't have to look sloppy. And they look sloppy to be in public. Sorry my opinion!!

RM

Blah...I just hope it isn't true about her and Owen Wilson! I love him!

steve

Goldie is Oldie

Kate is Moldy

YUK

Philly Love

I hope it's not true about Owen Wilson. She can do much better than him!

gettheboysawayfromher

i dont think kate or golden could ever look bad, i think they both look adorable, so anyway, doesn't look by her face she is dating anyone, owen wilson doesn't look too stable, if anyone, i thought she would fall for matt dillon, although someone told me he might be gay, anyone know? i do hope she picks somebody better then her husband, i never was impressed with him, bringing the boys over all the time, and allowing them to go naked throughout the house, however, katie, could have put a stop to that fast, also.

the wise old owl

Post # 9 audrey rose : I have not heard that Matt Dillion. is gay. Everytime he is in the press it's because he is a womanizing scoundrel. Cameron Diaz said some pretty bad stuff about him after their romance and he has yet to commit to anyone. I think he is just an eternal batchelor llike Goerge Clooney.

But , who the hell knows. Good P.R. can make your public image into something it is not. He could be the biggest queer ever. LOOK AT JOHN TRAVOLTA and TOM CRUISE. (The jury is still out on P.Diddy and Johnny Franco. ) Ya gotta love it.
HOLLYWOOD. Never is what it appears to be.

Eli

gOLDIE hAWN AND HER DAUGHTER GOT SOME GOOD GENES ON THEM

TheseDays

Um....some sun, sand and meditation....how about getting that GED, Kate? Not surprising that she's undecisive. Take a respite and get an education. This person has "dumb" issues.

Me

I think Kate Hudson is a cutey, she is natural, no need for makeup in order to be pretty unlike some of the celebrity women out there. I am glad she is away from Chris Robinson, I never liked him anyway, he looks like a fruit and he definitely looks like he could use a shower and someone to introduce him to a bar of soap. I hope she's not with Owen Wison either, don't like him much, but at least she proves she goes for more than looks..haha...Good luck Kate with whatever choices that make you happy.