Oprah Lords Over White Folk, Talks Poop on XM

9/25/2006 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If it wasn't already totally evident that Oprah Winfrey can talk about anything for any length of time, her debut today on her own XM Radio channel just confirmed it. The talk-show queen gabbed with her best pal Gayle King (who called her, inexplicably, "Mommy") on what is nominally King's show on "Oprah & Friends," the satellite channel that launched today.
oprah audio

Among many, many other things, Oprah talked about her humble beginnings in Mississippi, and particularly about how her mother's highest aspiration for her was that she might end up cleaning white people's houses, because "they give away nice clothes." And then Oprah pointed out that now that she's Oprah, she has "all these white people" working for her, and that in fact there's only one black person on the staff. Way to turn the tables, girl.

Finally -- and this was just in the first fifteen minutes -- Oprah moved onto her most recent favorite topic, excrement. O assured Gayle that the reason she doesn't have children wasn't that she can't deal with poo, or "pooty," as the pair called it. For this -- and whatever follows -- is what XM is paying Oprah $55 million over the next three years.

Jacqueline

Why do you racist pigs always say that you can't buy skin color? Who the hell wants to be white? I wouldn't for 100 billion dollars. And heres a question. What has being white ever bought for you? A summer home in Hawaii, trips around the world, a private jet, etc. I doubt it- but Oprah's money has. And judging from your answers-it doesn't buy class, happiness, kindness, or common decency. The only important things in life. People of all skin colors go to hell if they're prejudiced and hateful jerks. God will always be in control. And he doesn't like ugly. White people who feel inferior and intimidated love to say-well at least I'm white. Whatever helps you to sleep better at night. These nasty remarks are shameful. And to say that you hate somebody is the most shameful of all. You people need Jesus.

RebeccaBBBBBBB

i kno life was tough when she was growing up in the 50s, 60s-70s and maybe even 80s in the south (or where ever she went).

but as one of the women who helped CHANGE how blacks are perceived in the media and in general how bout she keep the graceful attitude on the front line.
cus not only are THOSE comments going to bring her down but if anybody else saw her road trip show any body who watched saw that this woman is honest. she doesnt dance around a topic.

i dont care to play the race card cus its boring and tooo damn predictable. and i say this as a black white biracial 20 yr old female

CO

MJ, in #727, You state "I honestly am sick and tired of every black person out there who pulls the race card and acts as if i was personally their when there was slavery" Ok, so obviously you weren't alive when slavery was legal, but you definitely perpetuate many of the negative stereotypes stemming from that time . You refer to Oprah as a "TN", and black people as "these people" and "uneducated". I'm curious as to what your educational background is. From what I read, you don't seem to be educated.

Wallace Kimbell

Oprah is such a phony. And bad move on XM's part to pay her so much for her name. She does 1 half hour show a week and im sure its not all 52 weeks of the year. XM is desperately trying to save its sinking ship due to Sirius picking up Howard Stern

J

Hey tsarinamanda,
You're right about one thing, money didn't buy Oprah happiness, class, talent, and intelligence. Actually, Oprah's happiness, class, talent and intelligence made her that money! She does so much to help people all over this world...and it's HER money so she can do whatever she pleases with it. You remind me of the saying that "no good deed goes unpunished". Also, she has devoted many of her shows to topics like the need to increase minimum wage. What are you trying to prove? Whatever it is, you should know that you're not convincing anyone. Although I don't agree with some of the comments she makes, I know she's an all around good person and she has a kind heart. How can you hate someone who you've never even met? Hate is a strong word...I wouldn't throw it around like that. What do you do to contribute to the world? What do you do to make life a little easier for those in need? What makes you such a saint? You clearly must think you're something special if you can post such horrible comments.

sunny

Ya know you are right, mj, in your post of 727, you really said it awesome. Although I'm actually wht & blk, I reap the benefits of being white & I'm mighty proud of it....Oprah is a rascist b&^%$.....& if u read the comments from the blacks on this website, they ARE JUST AS RASCIST AS THEY COME.....I was wondering my black friends, why you allow your black frirends to call you the *n* word, like n****s (the black way), BUT if someone outside your race calls you the n word, you react like a total uneducated low class black would be expected to react. Anyone want to comment out there

Sade

WELL OPRAH IS GOING TO BE OPRAH REGARDLESS AND YOU SHOULDNT HATE ON HER.IF IT WASNT FOR OPRAH,MARTIN LUTHER KING,ROSA PARKS,ECT I WOULDNT BE NOTHIG TODAY.AFRICAN AMERICANS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH SINCE THE 1800'S AND YEAH SHE'S IS PART WRONG FOR SAYING WHAT SHE SAID BUT AFRICAN AMERICANS STILL GO THROUGH THE SAMETHING ITS JUST NOT THAT BAD.ALSO I DONT THINK OPRAH TOO MUCH CARES FOR HER RACE MAYBE 90% CAUSE SHE NEEDS TO ALSO STOP DISSING THESE RAPPERS.THEY TRY TO MAKE A GOOD LIVING TOO AND A CHILD CAN PICK UP NEGATIVE THINGS FROM ANYTHING THE HIP HOP CULTURE IS NOT TO BLAME.IS WHAT THEY BEEN THROUGH.RAGS TO RICHES.THEY RAP ABOUT WAHT THEY DID HOW THEY GOT THROUGH IT AND WHAT THEY DO NOW.OPRAH SHOULD REALLY LOOK IN THE BACKGROUNDS OF THESE RAPPERS AND SHE MIGHT CHANGE HER MIND ABOUT HOW SHE FEELS ABOUT ICE CUBE 50CENT TUPAC LUDACRIS AND SO FORTH

john

ophra must be a real alcoholic, i mean, how drunk would you have to be to kiss a sister, nevermind performing acts on a sister that would make satan gag

Theresa

I'm pretty sure Oprah doesn't care about Tupac considering he's dead.

Evette

To Mary ( # 690 )
I found it very interesting how you reprimanded Gabriele about her racist comments towards white people. Apparently, you must not have a problem with the racist filth that has been spewed by the white people participating in this discussion, as you did not say word one about their comments. I can only assume that "white racism" is more palatable to you than "black racism". Furthermore, you have the audacity to say that we need to stop the hate, so that we can become a united society. You are such a hypocrite!!! If you want to really advance the cause of "racial harmony", why don't you start by reprimanding all people who make racist remarks, BOTH BLACK & WHITE.

Stephanie

All of you white people who are so venomous in your attacks on Oprah, should tape and listen to your remarks. You simply can't stomach a powerful, high profiled Black person. It scares you to death to think that she has so much influence in the media and every where else. It kills you to acknowledge her brilliance. bethie and j(notice how I spell your initials with small letters to fit your brains) you are both extremely ignorant and the most jealous of the entire bunch responding negatively to Oprah's accomplishments. You see I'm home typing this note because I'm on vacation. I'm sure you and most of the idiots are home typing because you are unemployable, unskilled and probably low IQ's. You are the very people who should stick verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry close to Oprah, you just might learn something.

mamalicious

Please everyone,....relax. You still have the power to turn off the TV just as you still have the power to VOTE.

So please, to all of you with such intense opinions and frustration over a TV personality, I say,...

"Don't forget to VOTE on Tuesday!"

VOTE for people who you believe are capable and competent as well as courageous and credible. If they ever made a comment that stirred up as much confusion and disdain as this in their political history, think REAL HARD about whether or not to vote for them.

SAVVY?

J

Hello all!!! first of all many say Oprah gives back to all !!!HELLO she doesn't give back sh-t the company's who want to get their names out there give back. Nothing come's out of her pocket. Her Angle fund also are from people who send in money(DUM) she spends all the money. People hello she give's nothing she promotes company's and spends what people send in. What's the big deal I could do that!!! Again I say WHY didn't she take action on the family member who raped her??? I think sometimes people call wolf to call attention to themselves. True color's come out all the time it just may take time and I think her time is up!!!! Your black deal with it your'll never be white get over it stop using the race card. You bring up the race card then most blacks do. We are all trying to move on no color no race man women whatever STOP starting trouble!!! A roll model NOT

J

#746 I so agree nothing is coming out of her pocket!!!!!!! Company's and people denote the money she just spends it. Make's her self look good. We all can do that let's all funraise and the money can go to what ever we want. The race shit needs to stop. We all want to be equal let's leave it like that. She brings up shit that most people wouldn't think about and start's trouble. WHY?? A roll model help's NOT hurt's. She has issue's about being black that SHE HAS TOO DEAL WITH!!! Her comments are troubling she has problems about herself, don't bring race into it. If I was raped I would be pissed too. But you know something she has family issue's cause the guy that rapied her was FAMILY!!! Be black be proud be white be proud be green be proud etc etc but problems won't solve her problems she has many issue's to move on god bless!!!!

Maurice

OK!!! Enough already.. I don't know why so many of the readers are voicing off against Oprah. I don’t believe that she is by any means a racist. The fact that she is smart enough to hire the majority of whites to run her Omni-Media Company does not make her a racist. It makes her a billionaire. Get over it Boo.
This lady has come such a long way in her life and it is because of all the hard work, her choices, and the people that she has surrounded herself with. How can anyone dare to complain about a woman who made such a positive impact on so many peoples lives. What in the hell have you done in your life that changed someone elses for the better. There are enough hateful and cynical people in the world .. If you don’t watch or support her, she might get cancelled tomorrow.
Actually…….THEN F*CK U…. SHE STILL MAKES OVER $1000 PER MINUTE..
I TIVO everyday and subscribe to her magazine and donate to all her charities..
She has time to travel the world, buy homes, build homes and schools.
I would be a lil more racially conscious and arrogant and

Previous 15 Comments | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments