Oprah Lords Over White Folk, Talks Poop on XM

9/25/2006 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If it wasn't already totally evident that Oprah Winfrey can talk about anything for any length of time, her debut today on her own XM Radio channel just confirmed it. The talk-show queen gabbed with her best pal Gayle King (who called her, inexplicably, "Mommy") on what is nominally King's show on "Oprah & Friends," the satellite channel that launched today.
oprah audio

Among many, many other things, Oprah talked about her humble beginnings in Mississippi, and particularly about how her mother's highest aspiration for her was that she might end up cleaning white people's houses, because "they give away nice clothes." And then Oprah pointed out that now that she's Oprah, she has "all these white people" working for her, and that in fact there's only one black person on the staff. Way to turn the tables, girl.

Finally -- and this was just in the first fifteen minutes -- Oprah moved onto her most recent favorite topic, excrement. O assured Gayle that the reason she doesn't have children wasn't that she can't deal with poo, or "pooty," as the pair called it. For this -- and whatever follows -- is what XM is paying Oprah $55 million over the next three years.

Oliver Goodloe

You know, money, just like alchohol, intensifies a person's character. If you were a nice gentle person from the beginning, when you're drunk, that will come out. But if you're something else, trust me, that will come out as well........Oprah is only doing what she's been doing, now even more because money's involved......

geed

Oprah who??

okay, I shamefully admit I've watched her show a couple of times. The last show was when the mov "Titanic" was the topic.

better things to do and better people to listen to like these guys: www.newswithviews.com

jan

Oprah is rich. Oprah is successful..but the one thing she really wants will never be her...ever! She wants to be white...the clothes, the jewels, the houses, the hair-dos...all white....Maya does not do or dress like whites...because she is comfortable in her skin...Oprah hates the fat, the black, the memories....she should have blacks working for her...its very telling that she enjoys running those white honkies working for her ....it empowers her..I do not watch her..I find her suffocating...and Gayle is her lover and the sooner that she admits it ..the public will quiet down about it. President...Hah!

Cliff Pettigrew

I don't care what black people do or say about white folk. Whites still own the very best word do degredate and offend black people. So if you ever feel like a black person is lording it over you, just drop an N- Bomb, there is absolutely no comeback that will ever match it.

Modd the Bodd

I'll say this in response to comment #14...I love it when blacks come totally unhinged when white people stand up for themselves.it's hilarious the amount of HATRED that comes fomenting forth from bigoted blacks like "WHATEVER".
man,I can just imagine some of the sh*t you've thought about my race.
and don't come back at me with vice versa crap,sweetheart.it don't fly that way.
look in your mirror.

Webrunner

If my Father was a white man and my mother was a black woman why does that make me a black child? If the race is fifty percent white and fifty percent black, why can't I be white? I can not for the life of me understand that if 50 percent of me is white and 50 percent is black why can't I be either? Most light skinned blacks are white to me. They look white, they talk white, they dress white. What is wrong with being white? Oprah, please answer my questions, please.

lANNY

Im sick and tired of her always being in the so-called NEWS.......She had her day, she made her billions.............now please JUST GO AWAY and be quiet...............

Jeff

I'll share an Oprah story which very few folks remember. I grew up just outside of Baltimore City. Before Oprah made it "big," she did a little talk show on WJZ? TV out of Baltimore. One morning she was interviewing Frank Perdue, of Perdue chicken fame. Well, Oprah proceeds to ask Mr. Perdue, "Does it bother you when people say you look like a chicken?" (Which he did resemble a chicken to some degree.) Mr. Perdue responds, "No, not any more than it should bother you when people say you look like a gorilla!" Oprah cut off the interview and stormed off stage on live TV. It was quite the amazing scene. She has always been the condescending, high-brow elitist she is now. She hasn't changed in 20 some years AND she's a perfect example of one who cannot take what she dishes out. I think she is responsible for ruining more marriages and more lives than we'll ever know. I used to think Dr. Spock did the most damage to American families, but Oprah tops him to the n-th degree.

Jean

I stopped watching Oprah years ago. She's been into a new age....SELF SELF SELF approach for years...yeah she gives away goodies at Christmas time but she really seems to have a head that has BALLOONED !!! She's been shacked up with Stedman and finally has finished with him so now it's gal pal Gayle.....

friends, lovers, whatever.......its just terrible how some woman actually WORSHIP HER.......

can't deal with the poop, eh? LOL I have hyper actve twin sons who are 10 and my husband and I are STILL MARRIED........deal with it sista!! I should get a talk show or write a book....

Her dogs seem like they're living a pretty pampered life.....(I get this while reading about her at the lines in Walmart)

As for giving advice on parenting...save it Oprah.....gotta walk the walk before you can give the talk.....
Too bad her biological clock calling out could not get past the roadblock of SELF LOVE

geo

Does anybody know if she talked about the multiple layers of makeup she uses to cover herself up like a clown. You can not even recognize her when she has the layers of make up on. She is not only vain she is racist. I would like her better if she used less make up. Wrinkles are not a bad thing.

Sowhat?

Well so what? Oprah earned every thing she has.
I also came from humble beginnings and would probably do
something similar.
By the way, how many people has Oprah helped? A bunch.

Josh

Oprah came from poverty and grew up poor, it's easy to develop racsist attitudes about people, so give her a little bit of slack. I also grew up poor (white) and have also developed rascist opinions of many african-americans who I find very lazy and unproductive to society, so cut me some slack also but I swear there are a bunch of them out there.

Dave

Only one African American on Oprah's staff??? Does Jesse Jackson know that? He might be able to squeeze million$ from Oprah in the name of diversity, something Oprah promotes publicly, but proudly shuns privately.

The Butler

The fact that Oprah has only white people working for her only shows she is a racists against her own "black; brothers & sisters. These are white collar jobs that probably pay extremely well, but OPRAH wouldn't trust a black man to handle any of the daily, probably very stressful duties. So Oprah, by not hiring ang blacks you are perpetuating the myth that all they are good for is cleaning houses and being busboys or crack dealers.

I haven't watched Oprah for over 15 years and I remember then, any guest with any know-how about any topic was usually white.

So who's the racist Oprah...I'm talking about your own sistah.

cOokie

Had a white woman made that comment you'd see Ophat as well as the Rev Jesse Jackass, Shelia Jackass Lee, that racist Spike "blame whitey" Lee, and the communist dynamic duo of Danny "i love socialist" Glover and Henry "the true house nigger" Belafonte and the rest of the mainstream media all over the white woman.

Ophat has shown her true colors, That cow is a racist.