Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

9/26/2006 10:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joseph SimmonsA rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after their newborn girl was pronounced dead.

Rev. Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Run's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run-DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

TMZ has learned that MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.

Jules

How tragic. I can't imagine what Justine and Rev Run are going through.

L.S

How sad is that, so sorry for them

Meca

This is so sad & I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you & your family. May GOD give you the strenghth & courage to get through this.

Lucille Davenport

My sincerest sympathy to the Simmons family. My family and I are big fans of the show. MAY GOD'S GRACE BLESS AND KEEP YOU ALL IN HIS LOVING ARMS.

Lucille Davenport

Melissa

Love & Prayers to the Simmons family. My daughter and I have followed the show since it started. You can't help but love them all.
Melissa

Devynn

i hope MTV gives them space to grieve if they so request it. i can't figure out why they didn't discover this during her pre natal exams and ultra sounds. they have the money for the good stuff, how could they not know?! or maybe they did know and didn't reveal it to the public to now b/c they didn't want the controversy that comes with situations like this. lets give them room to grieve. something WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER HAS to come of this.

BC

My prayers are with the Simmons family. I know that the spirit of God is with them
and will keep them through this trying time. Luke 6:21kjv states " Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh" Be strong Simmons family! Fans of Run's house let's be in agreement
and pray for peace and joy for the family.

d.w.

Justine and Rev. Run, I am so sorry to hear this news, It breaks my heart.

Alisha

Remove yourself and seek the Lord during your time of need. A family that prays together stays together. Keep your faith and pray for strength. You are in my prayers.

ALK

nikki

my prayer and condolences to the entire Simmons family. Justine, the lord that gaveth has a reason, keep your eyes focused on him and he will see you through this difficult time. You all are in my prayers. The lord is your strength.

Asia Marie

As a man of faith Rev, you must be strong and know that your baby is in a better place and that we may not know why, nor the hour, but God is in control and he does everything for a reason. Rest and keep the faith in knowing that you and your beautiful wife and the rest of your lovely family will see that child again.

My love, heart, and my prayers go out to you all.
Asia

Ciru

To the entire Simmons family,
May God comfort you during this difficult time.Remember that mourning lasts for a night but joy comes in the morning. May God rest your little angel's soul in peace. God is Love...

TONIA

And this too shall pass. It's a sad thing to have to go through. I pray for his entire family.

Chanelle

Simmons family, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so terribly sorry about your loss, but she is a little angel and will be with you always.

God is love!

Michele

As a mother who lost a child 2 days after he was born ... my thoughts are with their family during this time.

I am surprised that they didn't know about this before the child was born. Friends of mine had a daughter whose organs were outside of her body when she was born. They knew this well before she was born and were prepared to take her into surgery shortly after her birth. She had many surgeries to get all of her organs inside of her body and is now a happy and healthy 5 year old.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with them during this horrific time. Losing a child is one of the worst things someone can go through - especially when it's unexpected.