Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

9/26/2006 10:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joseph SimmonsA rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after their newborn girl was pronounced dead.

Rev. Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Run's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run-DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

TMZ has learned that MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.

Nikki

Wasn't Justine pregnant with twins? At least that's what Wikipedia has listed. So did she lose one or both? What gives?

DESERT RAT

I AM SO SO SO SORRY. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH THE FAMILY. I WATCH THE SHOW AND LOVE IT. I KNOW THEY WERE EXCITED.

nsg

GOD HAS A PLAN AND I KNOW HE WILL BE THERE FOR THE FAMILY. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS CALL ON HIM AND HE'LL BE THERE. THIS IS SUCH A SAD TRAGEDY, I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO KNOW WHAT THE FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH. JUST TRUST IN THE LORD AND HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH!!

Dodgerfansarerude

TMZ, in regards to this story, I would cut out the sensationlism and just write it natural without the hype.
IT doesnt look kindly on your reporting, anything else goes, but in regards to a loss of a baby, really not appropriate.

My prayers to them and their family, truley heartbreaking.

Whatever

Very sorry!

Lauren

I really love this family! They seem to be wonderful human beings. I know with the support of god and family they will get through this tragedy. My heart goes out to them and I wll indeed be prayingfor them. And I know their beautiful daughter is watching over them in heaven.

MzJazzyJ

My God. That's horrible and definitely a tragedy. I will be praying for Rev. Run, Justine, and the family. I know they all must be devastated by this. I love "Run's House" and I remember the conversation that Run and Justine had about having another baby. :( So very sad, this turn of events.

Dorrie

This is a shocking story...I'm just surprised the people I have told are mad at me thinking its not true. I guess bad news is hard to take but TMZ has proved to be a reliable site in the past.

Ashley

That is so sad. She wanted a girl so bad too. My prayers are with them!

CHRIS C

I'M SO SORRY TO BOTH OF YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU THROUGHT THIS ROUGH TIME BUT HE WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU.I KNOW HOW YOU ARE FELLING MY HUSBAND AND I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION TO HAPPEN.YOU JUST HAVE TO PRAY IT WILL GET BETTER.

Melissa

This is so unbelievably sad! I watched them discussing getting pregnant, then getting pregnant and her saying she wanted a girl so bad. This is just awful! God help them. Rev is such a good dad and a good person. It just isn't fair.

LEI'LONI JONES

FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS: OUR DEEPEST
CONDOLENCES. THE HALL OF SOULS HAS JUST WELCOMED A BEUTIFUL ANGEL, May GOD be with you and your family.

BRANDY

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE LOST OF MR AND MRS SIMMONS BABY MY FAMILY AND I WATCHED THE TV SHOW ALL SEASON AND WERE EXCITED ABOUT REV RUN AND HIS WIFE HAVING A NEW BABY IN THE HOUSE NOW THAT HIS OLDER CHILDREN WERE MOVING OUT ME AND MY FAMILY WOULD JUST LIKE TO EXTEND OUR CONDOLENCES AND SAY GOD BLESS YOU
THE VAUGHN FAMILY!

paris hiltons and nicole richies biggest fan*hayley*

awww THATS SO SAD=(
I ALWAYS WATCHED THERE SHOW.I HOPE THEY ARE OK!

Diane

There is nothing sadder in the world. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.