Nervous Mario

Says, Show Must Go On

9/26/2006 8:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mario LopezTMZ just spoke with Mario Lopez, who confirmed his dancing partner injured herself today, just hours before "Dancing With the Stars" airs live on ABC.

Lopez says Karina Smirnoff "hurt her back and neck in rehearsal" and doctors were summoned to the set. Lopez says Smirnoff is in pain, adding, "I hope she pulls it together. I'm nervous."

Mario, who is a favorite to win the competition, is scheduled to dance the tango tonight. The dance, known for it's jerky movements, could be particularly difficult for Smirnoff.

And a source on the set says at around 7:00 PM Eastern time, Karina was back rehearsing. Stay tuned.

Connie Johnson

Just browsing the morning's news ... the comments I have read, many are really crude ... and very immature. I never miss Dancing with the Stars, and find all the dancers very entertaining. It doesn't matter if they are gay or straight; its just entertainment.

Please ... clean up your language; it has nothing to do with the program.

Jo Ann

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. You are doing great. Love the show, very entertaining.

martha langford

Mario is great, if the judges can't see that thay are blind, and who are thay anyway to judge the other people that dance, some are great and some not so good. my money is on Mario.

Diget

I agree that Mario, Joey and Emmett broke the rules by adding lifts, breaks, etc to their routines. Granted, no one wants to see the ridiculous spectacle that WAS Master P last year but let's be fair. When were cartwheels (Vivica A Fox) and cowboy boots (Sarah Evans) added to ballroom dancing? If the guys are going to be berated for breaking the rules, then the ladies should be held to the same standards. Either the rules apply to EVERYONE or they apply to NO ONE.

karen

very impressed with the dance, yes, a rule was broke..and the bottom line is.. Mario shows his heart and soul on the dance floor... great job Mario !

Lori

Mario is gay..I have seen him a few times at a local coffee shop with a man...and they were giggling and playing grabby feely...he was wearing a stocking cap and glasses..but it was him..and all the staff there knows he is gay....and that his so called marriage was a scam...

Lori

But..he is a great dancer and very cute...

gigi

This show should be for entertainment purpose only, not to hear "this would have been a 10 now it's an 8"..I wish they would replace the judges each season, I would enjoy the show more. Let them try one of those moves, then they would appreciate the dancers more. Good job everyone..

TOVAR

MARIO AND JOEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS, "JUDGES" THAT IS WHY THEY ARE DOING THIS SO INSTEAD OF CRITIZISING TRY PRAISING THEM FOR WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED AND FOR TRYING SOMETHING NEW.

Scott

I don't know if Mario is gay but I have seen Joey checking out the dudes, at Bally's gym in Encino. Not sure if he's checking them out sexually or just checking them out just to look.

m. Janzen

Mario is a very very good dancer! He should WIn.I voted For him. That old judge in the middle should get lost or better yet let us see him dance.

Kris

Mario is good but Vivica A. Fox is tearing it up..... and she looks good doing it to..Mario will be ok with a different professional partner if he has to get one...After all Mario is the one being judged so any professional will fill in good.....

noma

A few friends and I have dicussed the judgeing the last two
programs and if the judges keep playing down some contestants that show what dancing should look like we will NOT be interested in their comments. ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE CARTWHEEL. What in the world do you call that. I am angry.
Knock off the personnel preference bit. We want to be entertain and are not interested in unnecessary comments.

SHERON TOWNE

GO MARIO!! YOU ARE DOING WONDERFUL!! WE NEED TO VOTE IN NEW JUDGES.

Roberto

i was watching the show with my son and was explaining to him that there are certian thing to the tango to make it look as beautiful as the the music, and they did it all perfectly ,they gave me goose bump, i loved it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments