Paris Charged With DUI

9/26/2006 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton has been charged with driving under the influence.

The Los Angeles City Attorney filed misdemeanor charges Tuesday in connection with Hilton's arrest earlier this month. The heiress, who was driving her pricey Mercedes McLaren SLR, was pulled over in Hollywood after police spotted her driving erratically. Cops administered a field sobriety test, and Paris blew a .08. In California, driving with a .08 blood alcohol level is the minimum level for DUI. TMZ has obtained the criminal complaint filed against Hilton today in Los Angeles court.

Hilton was charged with driving under the influence and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher. The charges carry a maximum jail term of six months, however, it is standard practice to give first offenders probation, as well as a license restriction. Typically, first offenders are also required to attend AA meetings.

Hilton claims she only had one margarita during the evening in question. She also said she was driving a little too fast because she was "starving" and just wanted an In-N-Out burger.

moretocome

Amy, takes some of your father's money and get and get an EDUCATION.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she needs the 6 months in jail,1000 dollars is chicken scratch to her,we need to start doing more to these people befoe they kill somebody,JAIL TIME IS THE ONLY LESSON THEY NEED TO LEARN,PARIS WOULD LOOK GOOD IN STRIPS

My two cents

Why on earth would any of the Celebrities be "afraid" to read these so called, "blogs"? Come on, they pick up the tabloid rags in the grocery stores and read the crazy things written about them. Most of it is just rumor and gossip and this site, TMZ is just as guilty about producing rumor and gossip. Some of you here (not all of you, mind you) are just morons to buy into a lot of it. Okay, so Paris Hilton was busted for a DUI...so friggen what! Some of you yelling for her to burn in hell, to go "f" her self. What is THAT all about? Some of you are just absolute LOSERS here........

Whatever

She will probably just get a slap on the wrist but she deserves much worse. Wanting a hamburger is no excuse to drive drunk.

Whatever

I am the most mature person on this blog. I am smarter and better then all of you losers here!

Whatever

Paris deserves to be in a tough prison. That will take the wind right out of her bragging ass sails!

Whatever

Paris better get her p***y ready for prison!

legalize now

DUI should be legal. Yep, you heard me. I felt sorry for Paris when I heard of her arrest and I felt the same when I heard of her charges. People who are stopped are often stopped for such trivial "crimes" such as "speeding," "reckless driving," and not stopping for a stop sign (late at night, who else would be on the road?). I am NOT advocating murder here, just legalization (which is impossible thanks to the MADD lobby). Drunk celebrities driving, or anyone doing that for that matter, is much less of a problem than some of the other problems we face here in L.A. that should be getting more attention from the LAPD.

paris hiltons and nicole richies biggest fan*hayley*

AND OH YEA I FORGOT NEXT TIME U TRY TO ACT LIKE ME GET THE NAME RIGHT STUPIED ASS!!!!

Mem

She was starving and wanted to go eat...that's too funny.

what the hell

Hayley,
It is past your bedtime. Go to bed. Have wonderful dreams about spelling words correctly. Stop insulting the rest of us with your poor command of the english language.

Damian

I can't wait for the inevitable video footage of her driving AFTER she gets her license suspended.

Oh, violation of probation? SLAMMER!

One can dream right?

ronny

Isn't is odd that Perez Hilton "forgot" to post this on his website?

800 Pound Gorilla

Dear Paris,

I think your dog Tinkerbell is so cute.

James L. Crum

Rick

22. LOL @ Dave Again!

When will you enter in your head that Paris doesn't read our comments? You think she has the time and read every comment?

Most of us don't have a life, but she does.

Posted at 3:45PM on Sep 26th 2006 by blah

Blah, (probably a name that fits you) If Slutty Paris never reads these comments, why the did she state that and I quote from TMZ "These peolpe hurt me". I think you need to learn to read and quit looking at a sluts pictures.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments