Paris Charged With DUI

9/26/2006 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton has been charged with driving under the influence.

The Los Angeles City Attorney filed misdemeanor charges Tuesday in connection with Hilton's arrest earlier this month. The heiress, who was driving her pricey Mercedes McLaren SLR, was pulled over in Hollywood after police spotted her driving erratically. Cops administered a field sobriety test, and Paris blew a .08. In California, driving with a .08 blood alcohol level is the minimum level for DUI. TMZ has obtained the criminal complaint filed against Hilton today in Los Angeles court.

Hilton was charged with driving under the influence and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher. The charges carry a maximum jail term of six months, however, it is standard practice to give first offenders probation, as well as a license restriction. Typically, first offenders are also required to attend AA meetings.

Hilton claims she only had one margarita during the evening in question. She also said she was driving a little too fast because she was "starving" and just wanted an In-N-Out burger.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Rick

22. LOL @ Dave Again!

When will you enter in your head that Paris doesn't read our comments? You think she has the time and read every comment?

Most of us don't have a life, but she does.

Posted at 3:45PM on Sep 26th 2006 by blah

Blah, (probably a name that fits you) If Slutty Paris never reads these comments, why the did she state that and I quote from TMZ "These peolpe hurt me". I think you need to learn to read and quit looking at a sluts pictures.

Rick

41. I have the utmost confidence that the great Miss Paris Hilton will be aquitted of this frivolous charge. She was working very hard all day and only had one drink. I'm sure she gave all the officers an autograph and was very polite. People are really dreaming if they think she will not beat this charge. We all love you Paris, you are the Qween of Hollywood!

Posted at 5:03PM on Sep 26th 2006 by Simon

Did'nt she offer those cops a blow job, but they said they did'nt have any Tilex for after. Paris Hilton IS "THE CRABBYTWAT OF HOLLYWOOD"

My two cents

Who ever posted post #66, if you are going to pretend to be "me", I would suggest you try to be a bit more mature in your postings, but I am glad you found it respectable to try to pose as me..

Frank Guy

All that needs to be done with Paris is to treat her as you would anyone for the same offense. Nothing more, nothing less. If they let her slide and nothing happens, you know like Mel Gibson, it just sends a loud message that celebrities are above the law. They're not above the law so treat them as equals. Amen

blah blah blah

AMEN TO THAT

Charisma Rules

I'll be shocked and amazed if she gets what she deserves...I think she and her mega-rich family will hire the best snake attorney money can buy, and she will probably pay a fine and get probation for a ridiculously short time.

Separate set of rules for the wealthy, at least in this country.

Paris

Im sick of people thinking I use my money on myself. I might seem stupid but believe me Im dumb as a fox. I feel sorry for the guy that has cancer . I just donated some good money to the cancer society. FOR THE RECORD I DONT JUST SHOP. I WORK HARD. SO FU!!!!!!LOL HEY BITCHLUV YA! they dont know how stupid they are about bozo the clowns red crouch like that has to do with me?
Every one of you wants what you cannot haveLOLLOLLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!luv ya sexybitch.
>PARIS