Personal Assistant Smackdown!

9/27/2006 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nelly Furtado and Vanessa Minnillo walked arm and arm into NYC's club Plumm with Miss Furtado's assistant behind them.
Click here to return to TMZ.com

Not wanting to be left behind, the assistant innocently taps the bouncer on the shoulder and says "Excuse me," to which the bouncer responds by showing him the "West Village submission hold." Who knew that having manners would come to this??

Mohamed

DARRYL:

I WAS JUST BEING THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE DUDE. I SEE YOUR POINT THOUGH, THEY HAVE BIG HEADS AND UNLESS YOU ARE SOMEBODY OR GIVE THEM SOME $$ THEY TREAT YOU LIKE SOME SHEEP HERD. I HEAR YOU, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING IT IS A POSIBILITY THAT ASSISTANT CONTRIBUTED TO THE "SMACKDOWN".

Mohamed

MAYBE PERSONAL ASSISTANT AKA RICO SUAVE PINCHED OR GRABBED THE BOUNCERS ASS, I WOULD BE showing him the "West Village submission hold TOO, HAHA. EVERYBODY HATING ON THE POOR BOUNCER, WHAT ABOUT RICO?

Alix

Yet another knucklehead with authority and the potential to kill!

alissa

this bouncer was probably on speed or coke, beating up on this small dude id like to bitch slap that show off right in front of the whole crowd and then run like hell lol.

the wise old owl

ost #15 alissa : LMAO That was so funny. I can just visuaiize you doing that. ha ha ha

I can also see that big ol' guy running away right now when somebody with some girth comes after him. What a laugh.
That was just too good.

Ron Benoit

Hey, Moham-bone!

Why all this gay sh*t? If that guy was gay why would he want to mess around with an ugly-ass monkey boy? And to that other poster, JoJo, I say if a guy doesn't like to be touched he shouldn't have a job at the FRONT DOOR of a club! He should be out in the alley, cleaning up vomit and dumping trash. It's the same old storey, give you brutha's a job where you should act NORMAL and you end up acting like an ANIMAL! That fine white boy should sue the sh*t out of that Door Monkey and the club!

the wise old owl

Post #16: Jojo : I can understand how some brother's don't like to be touched. But come on. He didn't have to react with that much forse . A simple " HEY DON'T YOU TOUCH ME. " Would have been just as effective.

Very funny remark about white people being touch feely. I always thought it was the other way around. I was always jealous of that warmth and the ability the sista's and brothers had , to just let it all hang out. I guess there's coldness in every race and visa versa. However this guy is going to get touched plenty at his job. He better look for employment that conforms to him better. Something that goes more with the territory.

alissa

thank you wise old owl, i can run fast lol, id rather run into a pole than get twisted up like a pretzel and knocked on my @ss lol

Benway

I don't know what world you live in, but bouncers, esp at high end clubs, do not make minimum wage. Generally speaking, they get paid a nightly wage that works out to ~$15-30/hr. Plus tips, and tip-outs. And while that particular one clearly overreacted, most have a second job and merely work nights for the extra $$.

Its very trendy lately to hate on bouncers, because the few make the many look very bad. I understand why people would feel that way, but honestly, I don't think any of you have a conception how difficult the job can be. I'm a working professional, and I bounced my way through college. Let me tell you: a lot tougher than you think.

Daniel

Bouncers make way more than that in NYC. I work a door in San Diego and make $15 an hour (for doing nothing). Plus anyone who wants to cut the line pays $50 a head; so you can imagine what we get on a busy night. This duche bag doesn't know anything:

Posted at 6:03PM on Sep 27th 2006 by darryl

quit being a jerk and taking up for these bouncers who make minimum wage..the bouncer was an idiot who thought he was big because its his job to watch a front door-wow what a career choice...the guy must be too stupid for a real job..if he did that to me the mother f***en stupid ass would have gone to the emergency...i have seen bouncers think their hot sh*t, but they are all illiterate fools who have to push people around to make up for their lack of a real job and their stupidity...no wonder this dickhead only makes $8.00 an hour, sh*t my students makes more than that at a summer job.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2