Simon to Clay -- Give Me a Break!

9/27/2006 7:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Cowell: Click to watchLeave it to Simon Cowell to put down a guy on Paxil.

When commenting on Clay Aiken's recent admittance that he takes the anti-depressant to deal with the fame that came with "American Idol," Cowell definitely didn't hold back.

"Oh give me a break. Let me have a choice, I'm going to work in a coal mine for 14 hours a day or I'm going to be a runner-up on 'American Idol.' Give me a break, idiot."

And while judge Paula Abdul and celebrity guest judge Olivia Newton-John both stuck up for the season two runner-up, Cowell kept the insults rolling.

"They're not working for a living, they're becoming famous ... no one's put a gun to their head ... Clay, whatever he may have said, would not swap what he's got now for what he had three years ago."

Way to be sympathetic Simon!

ROBIN

All of you IDIOTS that are talking badly about someone that has to take a prescription for something that is a mental issue are just STUPID! You are all sounding like that ignorant, self-absorbed,self proclaimed religious no-it-all(with his so-called religion) whatever...Tom Cruise! Shut up with your ignorance! Work in the medical field and you would have a change of heart and mind...you all sound sooooooo IGNORANT and UNEDUCATED!

Whatever

Someone give Babee a tissue waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

# 57, no,no no,no, noo, ohh now your being rude and I hate rude people...

Gay Akin is a horrific example of a human... Reuguardless of his questionable (at best) sexuality or his pathetic attempts at being a TMZ(RESPECT) celeb, will no mitigate the fact that he is human joke fodder.

I must say you sound like a rather repulsive person... It is interesting that you find comparisons of an aborted child as your choice. but you can rest assured, I am better looking, more educated, higher class, and in a much better place than you..
I harbor no mailice toward you since you are not aware of your own situation. I can only say that I am glad we will never meet......
You stay with the dregs of society, and I will rise to the top....

ROBIN

Well said #60 (Jo) You are so totally on track with your comment! Some of these people amaze me...so stupid and angry!

Eli

Simon is a prick but usually right!

Clay can sing though like it or not, gay or not hes got talent so dont hate!

dina

totally agree! You know what youre getting into when you choose to become a celebrity-get over it,Clay. The only thing I have to sympathize with him is the fact that if he is indeed gay, why does everyone care and make him ashamed to admit it. He is still the same singer they bought records from so why make him feel badly for his sexual preference.

Jen

What a pansy. He needs to be a big boy now, and deal with it! Wahhhhh!! I'm famous!!!! People give me money!!!!!!! My life is so friggin unfair!!! Wahhhhhh!!!!

Eli

Please like no one here takes or has taken anything ever!

Anyways I dont give a crap if hes gay or straight hes still a good singer, I bet none of you have his talent or manners, so stop hating!

HATERZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takes AllSorts

The issue is not that Clay takes Paxil. The issue is that Clay goes public and whines about his panic attacks and the only way he can cope with his celebrity is to be heavily medicated. He's living in a bubble and needs perspective. This is what Simon was criticizing.

I'm not about to cry a river for any of these celebrities. It's an ugly time of entitled, talentless people becoming famous. Hence the mockery. These people don't realize how disposable they are and if they don't shut up, will get their wish to be left alone. This kind of celebrity is a passing fad and all the snarky blogs are indicative that the whole concept of celebrity is about to change in a few years time. They should all enjoy it now because soon they will have very little relevence.

Whatever

Simon was right! If frail little ego maniac Clay can't handle the heat quit bitching and quit! Go back to what he did before. Clay is a whiny little spoiled brat ! Who cares about him and his stupid problems. What about all the people in the world who are hungry?

diana

Simon is the .... idiot. He might as well be Tom Cruise attacking Brooke Shields. Clay did not say he was taking paxil because of American Idol you idiot .. Simon ... Clay said he was taking it because he starting having anxiety attacks when people stared at him. Your the idiot Simon. Stop commenting on things you don't have a clue about. And by the way, American Idol, started the gay rumor by putting Clay in a pink room in the finale in 2002. I can't wait until next season when Ryan Seacrest makes fun of your self absorbed stupid idiot self. Simon is such a retard. Kelly Clarkson has already turned against Simon -- Clay's next and I will make a bet that Chris D. and Taylor Hicks will be the next. Simon is a total jerk!

N'est-ce pas, eh?

Hey You Aborted Fetus

Yo mama was on crack when she had this piece of sh*t she called you! You f***ing whore child...whose your daddy? Yo mama dont even know......

Posted at 11:45AM on Sep 28th 2006 by Maria

What a lovely piece of trash you are.......

All you foul mouth spewers of garbage....keep it coming....let Simon know the type of people he attracts....what a blessing to the world you all are. The devil is just licking his lips and rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of meeting you all one day.

For the record, Simon was an idiot who sold away all his rights to royalties from Clay's music because he did not have faith in him. He took his million dollars and ran early in the game and...has lost the chance to make multi millions more.

Want to know who's whining?? Yep, Simon. Money hungry Simon. He can't even read..he's just as illiterate as the rest of you....he misinterpreted everything Clay said....so he could fuel the garbage he knew you'd all throw up.

Simon's not one iota better than any of you. He's a bottom feeder like the rest of you. Better go kiss his butt. Oh, you're already doing that.

The Timeline

Hi, Groucho! How many times are you on here, anyway?

I think Clay is being accused of saying things he didn't say. He didn't say he didn't want to be famous, and he didn't say he wanted his old life back. He said the pressure gave him panic attacks, so he got medication for it, and it helped.

I think LA must be quite a culture shock. I'm glad he found a way to cope with it. Better than hitting the bottle. Now, if he could just find a few good original songs...

Terri

What this site reveals is that it is a platform for the poor sick souls out there who really DO need some medical attention, and will probably never seek it. Prejudice, anger, arrogance, hate, jealousy. Yep! All good stuff. Puleeze. I'll go write my paper now. What an interesting study!

diana

It is like Clay is the biggest nerd in the school and Simon and the rest of you retards are the big dumb jocks picking on him. Beating up on him. Give the guy a break and leave him alone. The whole world is so concerned about this guy who has never did anything wrong to anyone is his life. Who cares about his sexuality. Just like Elton John says, it is none of my business and it is none of yours. Stop trashing him. It makes me sick to my stomach that everyone is acting like they are still in high school picking on the nerdy kid. Look at yourselves in the mirror you big dumb jocks! Have a heart - leave the kid alone!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments