The Name's Craig.

Daniel Craig.

9/27/2006 7:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Some fans of the James Bond franchise were upset when blonde Brit Daniel Craig was cast in the lead role in the latest pic "Casino Royale." Many felt he couldn't properly fill 007's shoes.

Daniel Craig
Craig tells the new issue of Parade magazine "All I can say is there are millions of fans, and I don't want to let them down. I've worked my butt off for this movie. I'm not going to foul it up."

The buff actor may be the first non-brunette Bond, but he definitely has one thing in common with the super agent -- the ladies. Although he is currently dating film producer Satsuki Mitchell, in the past he has been linked to hotties like Kate Moss and Sienna Miller.

But one thing you won't see the latest Bond doing is lighting up a cig. While producers didn't want to send a wrong message to kids, Craig had no issue with the change because in reality he says "I can blow off someone's head at close range and splatter blood, but I can't light a good Cuban (cigar)."

Check out the entire interview with the very sexy Daniel Craig in Sunday's Parade magazine.

Alix

Gary Stretch should have been James Bond.

Trina

Dayum he's fine in that pic!!!! :-)

Zip

I'm just wondering when he, Daniel Craig, is going to come out of the closet...I mean, this cover of Parade Magazine could easily be a shot for an Out Magazine cover...The Advocate, or Gay Parade Magazine, for that matter. He looks like the gay construction worker from The Villiage People absent the yellow construction hat, the mustache and the brown leather work belt. This guy, Daniel Craig, should have played the Bond villian, not Bond. As a result, this movie will bomb!!! I refuse to pay to see it...and I won't rent or buy it on DVD or video either!!! And if his miscasting wasn't bad enough, the new James Bond theme music for the opening title sequence by Chris Carnell (spelling?) or whatever his name is, sucks big hairy blue balls!!!

T.P. Burns

He'll come out of the closet right after you decide to, since you are so worried about him being gay or not. Really, what does his sexuality have to do with you? Are you hoping to hook up with him or something? When you deal with your own latent homosexuality, let us know. Until then, you need to stop spreading lies!

Cristina

Go #4- seriously #3- what's with all the beef??

Jay

I originally thought he was a bad choice for Bond. I am a huge fan of the franchise and preferrred Hugh Jackman. Then after seeing Craig in Munich I change my mind. I can't wait for the movie release.

Wendy

He has no sex appeal, just doesnt do it for me. Sean, Roger and Pierce ALL had IT. This will be one of the "other" James Bond Floparoos. I am a total James Bond fan but they picked the wrong one. You need someone that is somewhat well know, a draw and he aint it unfortunately. Someone that can follow in Sean, Roger and Pierce's footsteps. I still like Pierce and will always love Sean. That dry wit is it. I will be surprised if he pulls it off.

Herbie J Pilato

Why does everybody keep saying that this guy is the first blonde Bond?

ROGER MOORE WAS BLONDE! I repeat, ROGER MOORE WAS BLONDE!!!!!

BLONDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl

Doesn't he look like that German Tennis player Boris Becker ?

Dev

Maybe I'm crazy, but wasn't Roger Moore blonde as well? So how is this guy the first ''first non-brunette Bond''? Confused.

Michael Que

Daniel Craig: mission --skeptical: at first, I thought, oh no! The Bond Legacy, ruined.
Position reconsidered and re-evalutated: I think Daniel will be the most sucessful and popular Bond since Connery. The "New Generation" will embrace Craig as a new age Bond.... a Bourne Identity type if you will. I do not belive a '50's-something Bond wll tap the young movie going-market. I therefore agree with Broccoli's/Wilson's choice. Craig is a strong actor. He is to be parelleled and held in comparison to the acting strengths of Patrick Stewart. Shakespearean, yet capable of adopting a modern modality of acting. I do not believe in the elimination of Q however. I thought John Cleese was a superior choice for Llewelyn's replacement.
Long live Bond......Long Live Danny Boy as Bond!!!
Mike Lanteigne
mikey5@shaw.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Independent Consultant to the Queens Council on Bond Films

JET

You say "Although he is currently dating film producer Satsuki Mitchell, in the past he has been linked to hotties like Kate Moss and Sienna Miller."

You need to print a correction. The fat faced, double chinned, brainless Sienna Miller is no way a "hottie". Is there an actor that she hasn't had sex with yet? Daniel Craig is only one of countless thousands. A "hottie" doesn't allow herself to be photographed three days in a row wearing the SAME clothes. A "hottie" doesn't show up at the NYC Met Opera wearing a gown that Sienna Miller forgot to have the seamstress finish so the seams are all open for everyone to see. A "hottie" doesn't show up at a Vanity Fair Party with chipped nail polish and makeup that looks like it was applied by a drunk heroin addict, as Sienna Miller did.