Jacko

Settles Child Custody Dispute

with Ex-Wife

9/29/2006 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson and his ex-wife, Deborah Rowe, have settled their lengthy legal battle over custody and visitation rights for their two children, her lawyer said Friday.

jackson_rowe_wi-1
"We're still dealing with the details but it addresses all of the disputes between the parties," said attorney Marta Almli. "I can't say anything about the terms of the settlement but I don't think it would have happened if both parties didn't agree it was appealing to both of them."

She declined to give details on whether the settlement involves monetary payments to Rowe and visitation rights with the children, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr., known as Prince Michael, and Paris Michael Katherine Jackson.

"It is the settlement of all the issues," Almli said. Jackson's lawyer, Michael L. Abrams, did not immediately return phone calls from The Associated Press. He told The Daily Journal, a legal newspaper, "My client is very satisfied with the results. Hopefully (Jackson and Rowe) can both get on with their lives now and be through with this litigation."

The lawsuit was a byproduct of the 2003 charges filed against Jackson alleging child molestation. Rowe, who had relinquished all of her parental rights to the children, changed her mind after Jackson's arrest, according to court documents. "Everything changed," Rowe said in a declaration, and she regretted having given up her rights to see the children. Rowe and the pop star were married in 1996 and she filed for divorce in 1999. The divorce became final in 2000. She filed to terminate her parental rights in 2001 and the court accepted her declaration in which she said, "Michael has been a wonderful father to the children, and I do not wish to share any parenting responsibilities with Michael because he is doing so well without me."

According to court documents, she said, "I want to forever give up any and all rights pertaining to the children because I believe that by doing so, it is in the children's best interest." Before that, she said in documents, Jackson had allowed her visitation rights only if she went to distant locations such as Geneva and South Africa.

After Jackson's arrest in 2003 she filed for temporary custody alleging that she became concerned that during the criminal case, Jackson would be too distracted to care for the children. She also said she was disturbed by his association with the Nation of Islam, whose leader she believed was anti-Semitic. "I am Jewish, as are -- by definition -- my children. I worried about how my children would be treated by these new advisers to Michael," she said.

Rowe testified for Jackson at his molestation trial, describing him as a loving and caring father.

She said in documents that she last saw the children in 2005 and had not seen them since Jackson left the United States shortly after his trial ended in acquittal on all charges. He has been living abroad since then but his lawyers continued to negotiate with Rowe.

On Sept. 6 a judge ruled that Jackson must pay Rowe $60,000 in attorney fees from the custody battle. Jackson also has a third child, Prince Michael II. The boy's mother has not been identified.

gen

Debbie is a nice person, and is very kind and caring to
her animals, which I have seen first hand. Maybe there are other sides to her story, judging a person from
press reports, is cruel. Everyone makes mistakes, at least she is trying to do the right thing.

Michael

Dave in comment #2. How do you know how bad their family may be. Do you have first hand knowledge, have you been to any family gatherings. I thought so you can not judge a book by its cover cause if so I could say you sound f***ked up also. LOL Im sick and tired of people and their comments and judgement

myself

The sad part about all of this is NOT one of you even know Michael or Debbie row. It's amazing that HATE that shows here towards two people that you have been Fed an image by the media. That's the SAD part about all of the comments here.

The media has it's way of control the way YOU think. Why don't you guys think for yourself. And don't say "I AM thinking for myself" because you DON'T know MICHAEL or DEBBIE, and you've formed an opinion of them based on media reports. REMEMBER, the media is about ratings... whether they TRUTH or LIES... they'll do whatever it takes to sale a magazine or story. They know that positive stories on michael jackson does not sale, so just keep making up LIES and you'll sale a paper or get a new viewer of your program. SICK

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be scared to leave chidren with any of them,who would you leave them with,child molester or gold digger?

Rick

llets see here a Pedohile who probably used a baster to create those poor pitiful kids-what f***ed up lives they will have

1. a Pedophile for a father
2. a mother who sold them like they were slaves
3. a lying aunt janet (this ho never tells the truth)
4. another aunt thats f***ed up and a liar Latoya
5. a grandfather that aint worth the sh*t he takes-joe jackson
6. a grandmother that is a greedy and selfish asswipe
7. and uncles who are just as f***ed up as the rest of this FREAKS

not a very pretty picture for these children with lost souls and a f***ed up family!

moretocome

Another case where it's the kids that end up paying the price for their parent's fame. It must suck to be a celebrities kid. Unless your dads Tom Hanks or ? geeze, can’t think of another name right now but you know, one of the few normal ones.

the wise old owl

This odd arrangement between these two remind me of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Deborah made a deal with the devil and now she's trying to get the contract evoked. They were marriedi in name only and she provided a service to Michael Jackson. Just like Katie is for Tom Cruise.

At least Tom goes after guys his own age and not children. I will give him that. But Katie is no different than Deborah except she's a better actress. Katie is almost believable , but we all know better.

It's evident that this decistion to give up her children to a known pedifile has AGED HER. She looks like my GRANDMOTHER.

If any story in Hollywood says : You can present an image to protray yourself to be anything you want. IT'S THIS ONE. Talk about the benefits of " special effects " Just wait.Tom. You're next. All good things must come to an end. Your illustion will be over soon too.

the wise old owl

Post # 2 : Dave: I totally agree with what you had to say. The children are the ones who suffer in this sanario. Imagine having Michael Jackson as your Father ? Oh my God, the thought is frightening. The mother did sell those children. She is worse than he is. My ....my.......Goes to show you money is definatley not everything.

I'd take the way I grew up anyday over these kids. I wonder what he does to his son at night when the lights are out. I think the daughter is safe , but you never know. They both stink as far as I'm concerned niether one of them is fit to be a parent.

DeLayne

Godd*mn! What an ugly bitch!

Milly

These people are unfit parents and should not have any legal rights to their children. If this was some poor joe schmo they would have been thrown in jail and the kids put into foster care. Jacko and Rowe should be thrown in jail and never let out on society again.

I agree #2...Debbie Rowe took the money over being a parent. Jacko is a freakin freak. These 3 children are doomed to a life of hell and misery.

HLC

MICHAEL JACKSON IS NOT THE FATHER OF THOSE TWO WHITE KIDS!!!!!

There, I've been wanting to shout that since they were born. I was around in the 80s, I remember Thriller, and Michael was born a black man no matter what he looks like now.

Black Man + White Woman = Mixed Kids Not white ones!

And as soon as his kids take a biology class and learn about inherited traits, they will learn that too. Then what? I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Debbie Rowe is surely aware that they aren't his kids. So why would she give them up? And to a Wacko at that?

I only hope that they can get away from both parents as soon as they are 18 and learn how to live a normal life.

L.S

ewww that's scarry!!!

spud

this whore just came back for more money cause she spent the cash she got to sell her kids years ago...damn, this slut .....greedy slut....this is why there should be a license to have kids......bad news here, she needs to rot in hell for eternity

dee peterson

After watching the Jerry Springer show , Brad ,Angie,Tori Spelling andDenise Richards, have proven the bible to me! They say GOD forgives ! BUT DO HE FORGET ? I found out in this world the bible is fading away! But everything that happening in the bible is coming true, no matter how some of the false prophets tellyou it ok ,you will believe them! Just like when they say ,DONT LOOK BACK YOUR TURN TO SALT ! SISTERS AND BROTHERS ,CONSINS,BEST FRIEND ,HUSBAND,WIVES ARE ALL SLEEPING TOGETHER! AND HOLLYWOOD IS PERFECT EXAMPLE1

Lou

Deborah and Michael deserve each other - both total freaks. Too bad for the kids. #8 I totally agree with you. Michael had nothing to do with producing those kids - they are white, not mixed. So the kids will only have the Deborah genes. Are you reading all of this, "Andrea?" LOL

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments