Anna Nicole's Custody Battle -- Anna Challenged

10/4/2006 1:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Birkhead: Click to watchThe man who claims to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby girl was put off by a judge today, as his lawyer challenged the celebrity mom to settle the custody dispute by submitting to a paternity test.

Larry Birkhead, along with his lawyer Debra Opri, appeared in Los Angeles County Superior Court Wednesday and asked a judge to order Anna Nicole to return from the Bahamas and submit to a paternity test. The judge continued the hearing until October 26. TMZ is told Opri also wants the judge to order Anna Nicole to submit to a drug test.

Opri addressed Anna directly in her press conference after the hearing: "Anna, I am talking to you directly now and I want you to listen to me and I want you to hear what I have to tell you. If you are so certain that Larry Birkhead is not the father, then you have nothing, absolutely nothing to lose by submitting to this jurisdiction and allowing a paternity test."

Howard K. Stern, Anna Nicole's lawyer, claims he's the dad. Birkhead has scoffed at Stern's assertion.

James

If Anna Nicole didn't display her odd behavior for publication and
money, we wouldn't have any reason to be blogging on
this issue. We would all still have compassion and sorrow for her loss.
If Anna Nicole wanted her life to remain private, as it should be,
then she wouldn't sell herself to the highest bidder.

BeeRight

I am not a fan of Anna Nicole, I became intrigued with her story during her trial days in Houston for her ex husbands millions. Just from watching her on the news and reading about the evidence I felt she deserved the gifts he left her and nothing else. I caught some of her reality show and just felt she was doing what she could to make a living. No matter how humiliated this may be to her son. She seemed to always be high or drunk. Her son never had any friends with him or doing what boys do at his age. It was always about Anna. What Anna wants and her actions must have been embarrassing for this boy. She never placed the focus on him and when so they did not allow him to speak his mind.
I heard Mr. Levin speak on Foxx News that Larry B,. had been speaking to him for months about this being his baby. Seems Anna knew this law suit was coming. She had been filming a movie making her son a producer , she says to show him the ropes. After his death they show clips of her telling us how she was a devoted mother. Showing her with her son hugging him which was nice. But now the son is dead as he would have been the real witness in court to her motherhood. Now she uses his pictures to make her look like a wonderful mother and her committment to her attorny seems to be taking the focus off of Daniels death. The death should be investigated thoroughly. They say she took Methadone for her addictions. They all new he was taking anti depressants, so when this drug was given to this boy someone knew the outcome.
I say keep investigating, stop paying for the picures. But if you must use them in court to bring her to Justice.Stop giving them the attention they are craving. Let them fight this out in court and bring his murderer to JUSTICE. My heart is for the young boy that should have been enjoying life with loving relatives and not for hired help who did not seem to care for this young boy. God Bless Him as I know he must be in the arms of God.

the wise old owl

Post # 89 : Dito

Chris

was not surprised at all hearing that Anna Nicole’s son had anti-depressants in his system, along with methodone. What child wouldn’t be stressed out living with a drug and alcohol induced mother all his life.

I think that Anna should be charged with child abuse, not only in the case of Daniel, but also if it is found that the new baby is drug addicted.

I am sick and tired of these Hollywood rich people throwing their money around to pay for their crimes. And child abuse is a crime!

Britany Spears is just as guilty. If it were “just anyone” that did what Britany did, they’d be in jail in a heartbeat. These hollywood types need to be accountable for their actions just like the normal guy. Underage drinking, DUI’s, you name it, they get away with it.

I hope this ex-boyfriend opens up a whole can of worms about the Anna Nicole household, and wins his case. I can only hope that he or anyone else gets custody of the little girl as Anna is a perfect example of an unfit mother. I mean, orgies, sexual contact with women, animals. Drugs, Alcohol. Come On. She’s proven it over and over again that she’s a loose cannon.

I actually hope that she gets the book thrown at her for negligence in Daniels death, by providing drugs to her son, and for taking drugs while pregnant. There are a lot of women in jail now for that very same reason.

Anna Nicole is disgusting, dirty, dumb, a fake, and doesn’t deserve to be a mother. Her goofy lawyer Howard is another nightmare, and all the freakoid friends she hangs with deserve her. She doesn’t deserve all this publicity, and shouldn’t be allowed to make money off her stories. She needs to be in jail or in rehab, and for a long period of time.

Go Birkhead GO

I would also like to add one more comment. For those of you who are saying a "real man wouldnt do this for this reason or that reason, let her grieve, she has been through enough" A REAL MAN WOULD STAND UP FOR HIS CHILD, GET HIS CHILD OUT OF A DANGEROUS SITUATION AND MAKE SURE THE BABY IS SAFE. Just because she has been through enough does not give her the right to commit these acts. LARRY BIRKHEAD is a real man.

Go Birkhead GO

Dear Birkhead Family Member,

I agree with you and your family! As I am sure you have read myself, Team Birkhead, Chris and Wise old owl have been vary pationate about Larry's case. I can not imagine how it must feel for your family not to be able to at least see the baby. I hope Larry is well. We understand that Anna is greiving but to know you have a baby out there and can not see it gives Larry the reason to greive as well. Our support and prayers are with your family. I hope that Anna either cleans up her act and they share is raising the baby or that Larry gets custody. Howard K Stern is a moron and Larry should seek a restraining order against him for his baby girl. While he is down there playing "HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE" with little Dannie Lynn, he should instead be seeking mental help. Anyone who says that Larry is in it fo r the money is all about the hype. Any sane person could see that Anna and Howard are doped up and have no business raising that child. Also, I am a law student in LA and would like to say that Larry's atty is KICK ASS and I hope to follow in her foot steps!!! ROCK ON BIRKHEADS!!! The truth will come out an we are behind you 100%!!!!

Go Birkhead GO

WISE OLD OWL - Dude you have such a great IDEA!!!!!

I don't have time or I would certainly do this!!!!

You need to get t-shirts made that say:

FRONT- TEAM BIRKHEAD

BACK- He is the baby's Daddy!!! (Or something real catchy)

You should make white with Black letters and another for girls that is white with Pink letters.

Sell them on the web / ebay for 20 bucks each and you will make a FORTUNE!!!!!!

I would place an order for 10 right off the bat!!!!!

We need to support this man. I am as passionate about this as you are and it seems there are a lot of people on here that are too!!!!

The guy who made the Elian Gonzalez tshirts made 200k on his tshirts that said let Elian stay in the US!!!

COME ON - DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James

Go Birkhead Go... nicely put. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Go Babydaddy Go

Go Birkhead GO

Team Birkhead-
I saw on your other post that you are from KY. Are you from Louisville? Is there anyway we can chat off here... Instant Msg maybe?
Thanks- Birkhead Family Member

jackdaniels

I would like to say thank you to #92 for coming on here and sharing the truth with us as we see it, also I really hope larry gets that baby asap, cause if Anna was under the influence while pregant that baby is gonna need lots of special care, I am so sick of people coming on here saying leave the poor women alone, have any of you that think this poor greiving women even thought of that baby while she was pregant ,no cause getting high was more important ,now this baby may pay the price for Annas reckless behavior while being pregant, she may end up having development problems cause of Anna the scum of the earth, f*** Anna and howard our concern should be with the baby now and getting her back to the U.S.A.
" GO TEAM BIRKHEAD GO "

jennifer

i don't care what anybody can say about anna nicole but one thing is certian, she loved her son dearly and they were very close, how aweful to give birth to a beautiful baby and 3 days later have your only child that has been in your life for the last 20 years die!!!!!!!! Larry Birkhead should be ashamed and give her time heal from her loss! i am a single mother of a 15 yr. old daughter, my only child, i would think it would have to be the worse thing in the whole world to have to bury your own child, we are definately prepared and assume the we leave this world before our children, not the other way around! Let anna heal and quit calling her horrible names..................she has the right to be left alone at this difficult period of her life!

Go Birkhead GO

THIS JUST IN FROM AN INSIDE SOURCE :
California Department of Social Services has had over 300 calls
wanting Anna NicoleSmith's babies welfare investigated should she come back to her
home in Studio City. Those calls were made by people including her
own family members, former employees and friends with insight on what is going
on in her life and they are concerned for the childs well being due to her extreme addiction to drugs. If that were to
happen the state of California would issue a paternity test and drug tests right off the bat and the
childs bio father would get custody of that child without having to
wait for his October 26th hearing for paternity.

Daniel is still sitting in a freezer because
ANNA knows that if she steps one foot on United States soil the
Department of Social Services will do a full investigation on the
babies safety and welfare and a court will issue drug tests on her
and the baby ASAP. That is sad to keep your dead son on ice because you are a drug addict!!!!!!!!

Mom of 3

That is what happens when you screw around with more guys!!! Like who gives a sh*t let her go to court do the test and go away!!! She is a beautiful lady but has BIG issues . I say if any parents are drug users take the kid place them in a better place. BUT DO REMEBER BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER. Druggers hang with druggers not preachers>

Ora

I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT EITHER PARTY. HOWEVER, I DO THINK THAT THE CHILS HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHO HER FATHER IS.ANNA, I DON'T KNOW YOU, JUST GET THE TEST DONE BECAUSE YOUR DAUGHTER DESERVES TO KNOW. TO THE ALLEGED FATHER{S}, IF YOU WANT THE PATERNITY TEST FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN JUST TO TAKE CARE OF THIS INNOCENT, PRECIOUS BABY, AND NOT FOR MONETARY GAIN, THEN SHAME ON YOU. YOU ALL NEED TO KNOW THAT WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK SHALL COME TO HE LIGHT. YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT GOD IS OUR ONLY JUDGE, SO YOU SHOULD STOP MUD SLINGING. ANNA'S PAST DOES NOT MEAN SHE DOESN'T LOVE HER BABY AND IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE IS NOT A GOOD MOTHER.TO QUOTE TYLER PERRY"AIN'T IT FUNNY HOW WE CAN TALK ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE AND WON'T TURN THE MIRROR ON OURSELVES."

Bev

A.N. Smith is a disgusting twisted sister. After watching her pathetic attempt to display herself in her drugged-up "reality" show, it's no surprise that her son died of drugs. He's been immersed in her lifestyle since he was born. He didn't have a shot at a normal or healthy life. Nor will the baby unless she's rescued soon.