Model Eats Runway ... Twice

10/4/2006 3:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Model Falls on Catwalk: Click to watchIf you thought Carrie Bradshaw had it bad as "fashion roadkill" on "Sex and the City," you ain't seen nothin' yet.

One poor model had not one, but two incredibly embarrassing falls at yesterday's Vivienne Westwood show during Paris Fashion Week.

The model, decked out in a pink skirt, impractical orange and yellow heels and a watering can full of water, was struggling right from her very first step onto the runway. As soon as she appears in front of the packed audience, the model wiggles, wobbles and nearly crashes face first into the stage. Thankfully, she recovers and gracefully continues her strut, but it's only a taste of what lies ahead.

After doing her little turn on the catwalk, the unsteady model suddenly crashes to the floor, water splashing out of her can as she went down. But, like a true pro, the model gets up and pushes on. Unfortunately, she may have pushed on a little too hard. She immediately begins teetering on her heels, waves her arms in desperation, and finally falls forward again. Hard.

Hey, nobody said being really, really, ridiculously good looking was easy.

Gail Beck

The shoes are ugly and she had an embarrassing moment, but none of it equals the ugliness of some of the comments people are making! What ever happened to kind heartedness in this country? I am sure all of you unkind writers are big fans of that sadistic "America's Funniest Videos" show!

renelumpmp

Everyone knows that these too thin women have to be weak....so why fill up that can with water. Her poor little body just couldn't handle all that weight.

Anna

OMG, I know it is so wrong, but this whole combination of underfed waif, watering can ( with water IN it...whose bright idea was that?), and shoes from Jack and The Beanstalk.....was the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. She should have ditched the can, taken off the shoes, and had a PIZZA!.

Geri

I DON'T BLAME THE MODEL . I BLAME THE ROTTEN SHOES SHE HAD TO WEAR AND THE RIDICULOUS WAY THEY HAVE TO WALK IN FLIMSEY SHOES WITH SHODDY HEALS. I REALLY FELT BAD FOR HER. THE ADDED SPILL OF WATER DIDN'T MAKE IT ANY EASIER EITHER. THEY ARE TOO SLIM AND UNSTABLE LIKE A THROUBRED HORSE. AT ANY TIME THEY CAN RUN LIKE THE WIND BUT CAN FALL AND ITS ALL OVER IN A HEARTBEAT. SORRY MODEL. HOPE YOU WERE NOT HURT.

Ann

Have you ever tried to carry that much water? It's HEAVY! They should have asked her to carry an empty can. She was off-balance to begin with.

Vickie

I feel real bad for her...but my question is.....WHY did the bucket need water in it? That is so idiotic for whoever coordinates those things to think she could walk in those horrible looking shoes and balance herself with a bucket full of water, and again for no reason at all...Sometimes I wonder why we even waste our time with these things.
LOL

Elizabeth

First of all, why do these models only wear clothes that no normal person would be caught dead in.....

Bill

Supermodels may not be my favorite brand of people, but I truly feel sorry for her. I did backstage work in the fashion industry some years ago, and alot of the runway models actually were "real" people. Like alot of the other letters- those shoe's were HORRIBLE. I had one model ask me to take my knife (I worked on the stage crew) and scuff the bottom of her her shoes because she didn't want to slip. Let me tell you, having a model put her ankles in your hands was a dream come true. Maybe this one should try it...

KATE HAYWARD

THESE GIRL DEFINATLY DID NOT LIVE IN THE 70`S. BACK THEN WE WORE THOSE EVERYDAY AND EVERYWHERE AND JUST GOT USE TO THEM.
IF YOU DON`T USE IT YOU LOOSE IT. IN THE 70`S I NEVER SEEN ANYONE FALL ON THOSE THICK HILLS. THEY JUST SEEMED NATURAL. OBIOUS THIS GIRL DON`T WEAR THEM ALL THE TIME LIKE WE DID. NIGHT AND DAY. KATE

josephine m Simmons

I feel very sorry for the poor girl, but those shoes are horrable, why do they think you have to walk on stilks to be a model? the world does not dress like that. they should wear something that everyday womem wear. every body is not trying to model. I hope she was not hurt.?

G.K.

To # 53 Ickalloc 2005 @aol.com
HaHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha !!! You are a friggin Moron !! Too bad you have a single digit I.Q. !!! Get a life you pathetic loser !!!

Fred Brown

LOL OK, what was the point in actually putting water in the can. Between the shoes and the can of water....destined to fail...OH the humanity! What Fragility! GAG

gary

I give her kudos for wearing those shoes which looked like the culprits in the fall.
A little sad that only this one humiliating incident was picked up so that millions of strangers could get a chuckle out of some hard working soul's
humiliation. I am glad there are no cameras around when I make mistakes, wow, because this society is merciless!

Gee

What is the matter with everyone? It isn't about being embarrassed. These models are forced to "march" due to their too narrow skirts and ridiculous shoes. Did anyone bother to think that perhaps the young woman had gotten hurt? Hilarious? Not by any means. Sad, not embarrassing.

FRIEDA LIVERMORE

GIVE THE GIRL A BREAK. SHE TRIPPED. DON'T MAKE IT SOUND LIKE SHE IS SOME KIND OF AN IDIOT. THINGS HAPPEN. YOU WOULD NOT BE LAUGHING AND MAKING FUN OF YOURSELF IF IT HAPPENED TO YOU.
I THINK PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE OTHERS ARE THE IDIOTS.