Sienna Actually Thinks Pittsburgh is "Beautiful"

10/6/2006 3:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Despite recent reports, Sienna Miller actually really likes Pittsburgh and thinks it's "beautiful." Just to clear things up, her father's actually from a nearby town, and she just hasn't had time to explore while she shoots the film version of Michael Chabon's novel "Mysteries of Pittsburgh."

In a statement issued through her rep, Miller says, "I want to apologize for my comments which seem to have been misconstrued and taken out of context. I was referring to the fact that we are shooting almost all night shoots on this film and none of us have had an opportunity to fully explore the city."

Adds Miller, "What I have seen of it is beautiful. I came once before to visit the Andy Warhol museum whilst researching a film and found both the city and its inhabitants warm and gracious. My father is from Meadville and is in town to show me round this weekend. I sincerely apologize and hope people realize that conversations can be easily manipulated in print."

Miller was criticized by Pittsburgh residents for supposedly denigrating the city in a "Rolling Stone" interview published this week.

chicawhyte

Wow, amazing her father's from Meadville!!! I am living in Erie, PA and I have to go through Meadville to get to my in-law's. Nice small town. How the heck she made it from there to Hollywood?

Charisma Rules

Sienna Miller looked BEYOND BEAUTIFUL with the short hair she had awhile back for one of her movies. Now she looks like just another goofy actress with long bleached blond hair.

And as for the whole "monogamy is overrated" thing she is now spouting...pathetic. So don't cry when you get cheated on again, and it WILL happen - you've shown your guy that it's o.k.

kathryn

And this is from a person that is mainly famous here for dating a male whore.

Alyn Brodsky

Who gives a damn what this piece of rubbish thinks about anything? Of course Pittsburgh is beautiful--compared to that Jude Law piece of crap she was boinking.

george

What's the difference between Miller and Paris Hilton? Hilton has a higher IQ!

Rhonda

So calling the city "Sh*ttsburg" was misconstrued somehow?

Is so funny when they try to talk their way out of crap (i mean sh*tts) like that.

Sh*ttsburg PA, I never knew.

WENDY

TOO LATE!!! OFFENSE HAS BEEN TAKEN.. AND I DON'T MEAN ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD.. NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO CLEAN IT UP, IT WON'T WORK. WE THE PEOPLE OF PITTSBURGH DON'T TO TAKE WELL TO THOSE WHO CRITICIZE THE PLACE WE LOVE, RESPECT AND CALL HOME. BECAUSE OF YOUR MOUTH, YOU HAVE HURT THE CHANCES OF US SEEING THIS FILM. QUITE A SHAME SINCE WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR WONDERFUL CITY AND IT IS ALWAYS AN HONOR TO SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN. TO LET OTHER "SINCERE" PEOPLE SEE THE GREATNESS IN IT. I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE CREATORS, PRODUCERS AND WRITERS WHOSE HARD WORK JUST MAY FALL SHORT BECAUSE OF YOUR EGO...

Charisma Rules

#4 - Tooooo funny

Add their IQs together and the total will still be in the mentally retarded range!!

The Truth

The truth hurts. Pittsburgh is a dump...get over it people!!!!!!!!

Tracy

When I first read her comments this morning I said to myself "She obviously hasn't spent any 'real' time in the city and boy is she gonna get it." Pittsburgh might be a small city, but we are a proud bunch and we don't let ANYONE talk sh*t about our city!

I'm a born and bred Pittsburgher who currently lives in SoCal. I miss my city, but go back to enjoy it's charms every chance I get.

Whatever

Pittsburgh? The place is a filthy dump! The Steelers suck butt this year! LOL!

my name is

whether the city is a dump or not is beside the point. it is beyond stupid to trash the topic of a film that you are currently starring in. she just alienated her target demographic. what an idiot. maybe this is why she will never amount to anything more than a B level actress who is only famous because her boyfriend cheated on her. seriously, I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a lineup

Whatever

Why is she apologizing? Pittsburgh is sh*tsville USA.

Ruby Jackson

udontgnome got it right... how do you misconstrue the meaning of "Shittsburgh"? She's trying to backpeddal as fast as she can, probably because the studio PR department chewed her a$$ out. I hope her contract for the film was a back-end deal and she never sees a dime. What an idiot.

*R*

stupid c**tface whore.....what the f*** does she know????

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments