Paris Says Bonjour to Borat

10/9/2006 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Borat: Click to watchWhen a press conference starts with the words, "Good afternoon gentlemen and prostitutes. How much? I have dollars," it's sure to be a good time.

Sacha Baron Cohen, in full Borat character, held a press conference in Paris today to promote his new film "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," where he took shots at Uzbekistan, President Bush and American women in general.

Having just toured America, the fictional TV reporter told the press, "We in Kazakhstan admire very much Premier Bush. He is very wise man but not only this, he is very strong," said Borat adding, "Although perhaps not as strong as his father, Barbara. Tough guy. Like John Waynes."

The character has been butting heads with Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev and causing criticism with his racist and sexist remarks -- more of which he made today.

"My best memories is the very nice peoples I meet but also some of the shocking things I see in America," says Borat, "For example, womens is allowed, in America, to drive a car. It is crazy. We say in my country to let a woman drive a car is like to let a monkey fly a plane. Very dangerous, yes?"

With another month until the film opens, let's hope for more press conferences to come.

Lczeck

Borat is spreading false facts of Kazakhstan. He is humiliating himself with his stupidity and is not funny. People know that Kazakhstan is not backward and racist and is a modern society, and they will see that Borat is just not funny and is a desperate comedian attacking a civilised society.
Borat's movie will bomb because people know there is no basis to his insults. DO NOT SEE HIS STUPID FILM.

Erica Frantz

Hee hee hee! Borat is always hilarious. Obviously anyone that takes him seriously doesn't get the point!

mammooschka

I can't stand Borat. Never could. He isn't funny just ignorant and dumb.

duh

Did you see the movie State Troopers? Do you think that's insulting to law enforcement? It's a joke, idiot!! So is this guy, making jokes. Have a laugh and get over yourself.

Buckets

C'moooon... its ALL jokes for Sh*ts and giggles. It's not to be taken seriously.

ONE WHO KNOWS

YA KNOW.......THIS GUY IS GOING TO BE KILLED BY SOMEONE--FROM WHICH COUNTRY AND BY WHOM, WHO KNOWS?
WE CAN TAKE HUMOR---BUT FOR INSTANCE--I WOULD NOT JOKE ABOUT THE ELVIS WANNABE IN NORTH KOREA. THAT GUY IS AN EGOMANIACAL, BEER BELLY SWAGGERING, PALE, "I NEVER GET ANY NO MATTER HOW MUCH I PAY FOR IT" BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T THE PEOPLE IN NORTH KOREA KNOW THE FALLOUT FROM THAT NUKE IS GOING TO KILL THEM?
THEY DID IT UNDERGROUND AND IT CAUSED AN EARTHQUAKE OVER IN JAPAN!
DO THESE NORTH KOREANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS WON'T AFFECT THEIR VEGETABLES, THEIR TREES, AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT COMES FROM THE GROUND? tHE CHICKEN WHO FEED ON THE GROUND? THE COWS? HORSES? OR DID THIS SLEAZY SOB EAT THOSE TOO?
I'M SURE "ELVIS" WON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT BECAUSE HE GETS HIS VEGETABLES FROM ELSEWHERE. LIKE, MAYBE HIS OWN POOP!
I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM KOREA EVER AGAIN. WE MUST DO THAT IN ORDER TO PUT PRESSURE ON OTHERS TO OPPOSE THIS FLACCID NUT JOB! PEOPLE FEAR HIM LIKE THEY FEAR CASTRO. LENIN IS GONE,IDIOTS!
YOU CAN HAVE A FREE SOCIETY AND THEN NOT BE AFRAID OF BEING NUKED!
THIS IS PURELY A POWER PLAY BY A MAN WHOSE HAIR IS ONLY SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN HIS HUGE EGO!!!!
HE MUST HAVE MUSKRATS LIVING IN THAT RIDICULOUS NEST ON TOP OF HIS SORRY ASSED HEAD!
NEVER TRUST A MAN WHO WILL SHOOT YOU WHEN YOU DON'T APPLAUD FOR HIM LONG ENOUGH.
KOREA IS NOW THE OFFICIAL HELL ON EARTH! ROT IN HELL, NEST HEAD!!!
AND MAY GOD HELP US ALL......

Terry C - NJ

"KOREA IS NOW THE OFFICIAL HELL ON EARTH! ROT IN HELL, NEST HEAD!!!
AND MAY GOD HELP US ALL......

And Bush is any better?

BTW, turn off your caps. Shouting is rude.

NYC

Sasha Cohen is a nut job. I love it !!

Roman

Borat is simply one word, "GREAT". Its this countries left wing that does not have a clue. Maybe, Nancy Pelosi needs to shut her trap here and not worry about pointing fingers as she does so well. Borat is a fictional character, Hello. Please, I rather have my children watch him (ALI G) then the people who run this country and any other because they are more full of you know what then Cohen's antics. This world is real ugly because everyone is taught to get theirs or get your but are not taught to not step on some or all in the process. Borat, Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilybeansmom

I think Borat is hilarious. If you think SBC is serious about any of his views or thoughts spouted out by Borat, you're insane. The guy is a comedian and Borat is a CHARACTER. He's great and I can't wait to see his movie on opening night! :)

sam

I can't wait for the movie. It should be hilarious. Don't take him seriously, or we'll be laughing at you. Geeze.

We, are not amused.

#6
Your pharmacy called...you can pick up your perscription foryour new anti-psycotic medication. May God help YOU, ya crazy bastard!

coco puff

WTF does Borat have to do with No. Korea? Why do people go off on a crazy tangent? HELLO! Your suppose to comment on Borat, you bunch of morons. I thought that little skit was very funny, especially the part about Bush's father, Barbara. The guys a comedian people, take that dick out of your ass and maybe you'll be to laugh a little!

mimi

I think he is freakin funny, with all of the crap that is going on in the world people need to have a good laugh at themselves. He is making fun of EVERYONE sure its narrowed down to a few groups but he is trying to point out the funny and ironic side of humanity. Get over yourselves!!!! Learn to laugh at yourself a little bit! I can't wait to see the movie, I crack up at the so called press conferences.

Mimi

WTF? Hey, folks, always remember this little tidbit when attempting to think critically about a movie, it's characters and whether or not they have an effect on society- movie characters aren't real. Borat is costume deep, that's all. When the lime green thong-banana-hammock goes in the closet, Borat fails to exist.

And Roman, don't be so damned quick to blame the left. I'm as left as they come, and between you, me, and the rest of the folks here on the net, I think anyone who possibly takes this seriously quite probably has their own head inserted so far up their own butt they haven't seen daylight in weeks.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments