Babs' F-Bomb More Powerful Than Nuclear Bomb

10/10/2006 7:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbra StreisandAs the world copes with the news of North Korea's alleged nuclear testing, there's another explosive event making an even bigger impact in the international community -- Barbra Streisand's F-Bomb.

It all went down during a bit in Streisand's concert in New York City last night, which featured a humorous routine with a George Bush impersonator -- similar to this clip obtained by TMZ. The act drew a few jeers and heckles from the crowd. and after imploring the audience to "be polite" failed, Babs shot back, "Shut the f**k up! Shut up if you can't take a joke!" Oh, Snap!

But the news of Barbra Streisand telling the heckler to "shut the f**k up" isn't just news here in the States -- apparently Babs is big in Africa and Malaysia, too.

We spoke to Streisand's publicist Ken Sunshine earlier today, and he told us that he's gotten interview requests from press outlets in those places and beyond.

"There seems to be a lot of interest about one comedic part of a long show. But when anyone buys a ticket to a Streisand show, they're getting the greatest voice in the world and someone whose politics are very clear," Sunshine told TMZ.

But if you think a little heckling is gonna get the "Yentl" star down, think again. "The bit with the Bush impersonator is comedy, everyone knows it's comedy," Sunshine said. "There are always a healthy percentage of Republicans at her shows, they know her politics. They go for the music, the fun, and the performance. Barbra is obviously unfazed by the incident."

The lesson, as always: Don't f**k with Babs.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

EasyMac

Babs is a snore. I know she's got tons of fans, but she's a bore. I don't care about her politics, whatev, but how about some decent singing? Her voice is definitely not what it used to be. Too bad for those spending big bucks to see her.

Rick

I would have heckeled her too, people pay a huge amount to see her sing not throw her Political Beliefs in others faces. I too do not like bush and think hes an a**hole, but Barbara put herself where she put Bush (DISGUST) she went down to his level...but like I said when a person charges that amount to hear her in CONCERT...THAT IS WHAT IS EXPECTED!!!! She claims that no one can take a joke...well Barbara you made a joke of yourself when you came down to that level..I for one will give my ticket away or actually burn it....Barbara you lost a few fans. Oh and GROW UP, I know you have the right to your opinion, but this time I am with the heckler...JUST SHUT UP AND SING!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

People know her where she's stand politically.
Don't like don't go to her concert.
BUSH SUCKS

Michael

I agree with #2 Rick. Who the hell cares what her opinion is on anything....we're paying her to SING...thats all! When will celebs learn that they only alienate intelligent people when they try to push their beliefs off on everyone?

Jennifer Scott

Snickered to myself after reading that, just found it amusing for some reason. I' not political so I don't really give a damn about Bush or any other politician, I figure they would all sell their mothers if the need arose. Just found it amusing to read B.S. dropped the F bomb. I'm easily amused apparently!

allen

Remember, her mouth is just the other end of her a**hole. It's just becoming more difficult to tell which end she is singing through. She is JUST an entertainer. What makes her think anyone cares what she thinks? JUST SING LIKE WE PAY YOU TO.

Pieta

All I know is that if I spent a lot of bucks on attending her concert hoping to hear her sing, I would be pissed with this political sh*t. What a waste of time and money for the fans. I would hazard to say that both Republicans and Dems enjoy Babs. Shows that she has no respect for her audience.

david

Oh you little sensative Republicans...
She is still the greatest singer of all time.
She can put anything into her act she feels like putting into it.
If you don't like it..as one wise diva use to say: f*** them if they can't take a joke and joke them if they can't take a f***.

now shut the f*** up!
David Denver Colorado

Theresa

David-

Do something for me. Go in your kitchen and fix yourself a bowl of go-f***-yourself and wash it down with a nice tall glass of shut the f*** up! Asswipe. Your either old or gay because those are the only people that still listen to her music. Now which is it?

Rick

7. Oh you little sensative Republicans...
She is still the greatest singer of all time.
She can put anything into her act she feels like putting into it.

now shut the f*** up!
David Denver Colorado

you shut the f*** up you little prick, I paid money to see this old hag sing and thats what I wanted, not her political views. and by the way you are your mamas little joke a**hole

Michael

Hey David....I am no republican and NO Bush supporter. Would you like to pay hundreds of dollars to hear me say F**ck Bush? I didn't think so. So why should we pay to hear what she has to SAY about anything? She is paid to SING.

WJLettire

If Babra keeps onwith her views,she better conrtemplate how she will look in a burka

Jennifer

Very typical. She thinks she has the right to throw her political beliefs in others faces at a concert where people paid large amounts of money to hear her sing, but then basically tells an audience member that they have no right to express their opinions about her "comedy act" -- what a double standard. If people don't like what they paid for, they have every right to let it be known.

Kelly A.

I have to admit that when I go and see a concert, I pay the money to hear their talent, not their political views and while she is entitled to her point of view, people are also entitled to heckle if they don't like it. If anyone ever considered her "classy," they sure as hell won't know. Dropping the F bomb is just plain tacky. Of course, in my opinion it's also tacky to have a President Bush impersonator. Regardless of your political views, you really should give the man the respect due to his office. He is still our President, like it or not.

maya

Bush is the worst president our country has had since Harding and Nixon. The dumb Bible -thumbing idiots who voted for Bush deserve what they are getting now - their familes also carry the brunt of the casualities of this crazy war. You don't see Bush's relatives in this war, you don't see rich people's kids in this war,and you sure don't see American Jews in our Military. Few people around Bush ever served in the Armed Forces themselves so,of course, they had no idea what a war entails.
Whatever made deluded evangelicals think that Bush was on their side? His father was a decent man but Bush II he is just a rich brat who wanted to be president.
And look at the mess he created. He served the corporations and the upper classes during his administration ,that's all. Bush wouldn't get comprehensive health care or decent Social Security to American tax payers but he can spend BILLIONS in this ill-advised war. This horrible man and his power hungry cronies did our country no favors - and damn you religious fanatics who voted for him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments