Bindi Irwin Gets Slimed

10/12/2006 9:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Less than a month after the Crocodile Hunter's memorial service, Terri Irwin and daughter Bindi appear to be moving forward -- by attending the Nickelodeon Australian Kids' Choice Awards.

The two were all smiles as they walked the "orange carpet" in their Australia Zoo outfits, filling in for the late Steve Irwin, who was scheduled to present the "Fave Aussie" award before his death last month.

Bindi even got in on the slime action -- after giving the award to Guy Sebastian, the singer hugged the little presenter, covering her with the green gunk.

Raymond C.Cranna

God bless you, Terri, Bindi and little Bob , (Robert). We will all miss Steve and keep our sights on Ms. Bindi while she shows the world just what Steve ment to her and all the animals.

mu6gr8

I completely agree with #'s 10 12 &14 because though # 10 used his choice words in his comment he is still right that someones death should never be taunted or made fun of and as for those of you who are yet to pst a comment on this story please say something good or don't even waist yur time because every person that reads these have feelings wether or not we want to use them is another story and as for # 15 yes he was popular that is no reason to blaspheme him and his family that will never see his loving and nurturing face again but once again thank you to all those who have stood up for what is right and not cursed the Irwin family
God bless You and Merry CHRISTmas

Marlene H. 'Evans

That Bindi is a precious child I feel no one can deny, she has presense and certainly courage under fire......however, as a therapist it concerns me that perhaps she is not being allowed the time to address the grief issues that all of us, in simalar cercumstances would have and, to be healthy ,must address. If we fail to do this those feelings are "stuffed" somewhere to later come back, x10 fold, to haunt us. I think sometimes we put burdens on our children that they are not equiped emotionally to handle. I so hope this is not what is being done in this case.

Marilyn Rodefer

Steve Irwin was a wonderful person with the main purpose of saving the environment and animals. He was an icon, and this world has lost a great advocate for wildlife. He deserves our utmost respect . His family is a great tribute to his legacy. His wife and two darling children deserve to be helped and encouraged in continuing his mission of saving wildlife. They are a family to be admired. I am just appalled that anyone responding to this would stoop so low as to demean this man and all the good he has done for the world. You people need help to determine why you are so full of hate.

Deana

Bindi is a very special and beautiful girl in every sense of the word. I wish them peace and joy. Wish there were more like them in this world.

Marie

Its sad when people have to say so many nasty things about someone that is so nice to be conserving wildlife and his daughter and family keeping on with the zoo may God bless them now and always and for those that don't have anything nice to write about them keep your comments to yourself!

Milli

Bindi and Terri, I get such a comfort watching Steve and both of you doing, together, what you all love. If all families could do what they really love together, even if it's different then what other people can understand or would do, the world would be a better place. I believe that we should accomplish or try to do whatever makes you happy and is not harming anyone else. Bindi, I loved and respected your dad and mom, even though I never met them personally, for showing the world that animals are not as fearful as we were thought to believe. They protect their young and territory just like humans would do. I hope that in the future, we will see you accomplishing and following in your families belief, that all humans should know more about the other inhabitants of the earth and be able to find a way to all just "get along". With all my heartfelt love, Milli

love them

how about you watch her dad's death and leave her Alone.

blah blah blah

I wish them both well and hope all goes well for them.
Time is the root of the healing process all though you never forget.
I hope I live long enough to see Bindi live out the legacy of Steve Irwin and his love for all animals, reptiles, and wildlife in general.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see them moving on witht there life,Its hard to deal with death, never had to deal witha faters death,but did have a freind die way to young,Hope they come back and teach people that animals are very unpridictable,Steve died way to young,Loved his shows and will miss him

kathleen

Bindi is such a BEAUTIFUL and courageous little girl. Best wishes to the Irwin family.

JT

That Child is going to grow to be something Big. I don't know what but she seems to have something almost mystical about her and if her Father's Spirit stays close them as long as the powers that be allow I think she's going to make sure he's remembered more clearly in the public minds than Pricess Diana or JFK jr. There's really something about that little girl. More than just her Dad's energy of unending wonder and excitement. She'll be someone to watch. He did so much but I have a feeling She just may be the biggest reason of all for his having been here. I hope her Mother sees it from an observers point of view as well as a loving Mother's. It's one thing to think your Child is special but she needs to know that her Daughter has a glow that is glaringly visible to anyone who just hears her speak. Never mind her outer beauty. That's the least of it. God Bless them all. Well, I think he has. It's not always the way you expect it to be.

Kim

She looks like a good combination of her mom and dad. Cuteness

Seonaid

There is a lot of love and prayers of healing being sent to the Irwin clan. I'm happy to see them moving forward, even if it is one step at a time. Terry and Bindi have the right idea honoring Steve in such a way to keep his spirit alive and strong. Way to be Wildlife Warriors!!

We, are not amused.