Legally Blonde White Chick Loses Dog

10/16/2006 4:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica CauffielActress Jessica Cauffiel, best known for her roles as Elle's best friend in the "Legally Blonde" films and her hilarious character Tori in "White Chicks," found herself one pet shy last week as she lost her four-legged companion outside of her home in Hollywood.

A couple of guys from a nearby apartment were walking their dog when they came upon her bulldog named Otis Redding sitting all alone on the street. When they realized the pooch was without an owner, they checked the collar for a phone number. They called the number on his tag and quickly reunited the dog with Jessica. Apparently a delivery guy had accidentally let the pooch loose from her home.

Thanks to a couple of really great guys, Otis made it home safe and sound!

Voopy

Thank God! I can finally sleep again...

tiny

the day's lamest attempt by a c-level actress' publicist to promote her client -- ugh.

Jennifer Scott

I'm glad she got her dog back, it worries you not knowing where they're at. I'm gla he wasn't hurt.

Torshion Bar

This is a story? Some chick that has starred in nothing important whatsoever loses her dog for a half hour and this makes news? I hope the world blows up tonight.

Jason Elias

I don't even know who in the heck she is...

sam

YEAH OTIS! Now we can all sleep we're missing. Some of us while reading this post.

The Truth

Don't forget to vote...

Otis...what a silly name for a Bullfrog!

Alyn Brodsky

Maybe the dog decided to lose her.

Diego

WHO?

edna123

WTF !!!

dubbs

First of all TMZ, you have the WRONG ACTRESS UP HERE.... OTIS, the bulldog, belongs to the LEGALLY BLONDE ACTRESS known as ALANNA UBACH. The other friend in Legally blonde. If you are going to post a story my fellow TMZ'ers...please get the minor facts right...we don't want another incident like the DUKE LACROSSE TEAM, now do we?

SICK IGNORANCE

Good for her. I don't know what I would do if Spanky and Sophie my cockers would be lost.

Courtney

Thats a prime example of why one does NOT leave a dog unattened even in a fenced yard. This type of thing happens way too much. If its not the delivery guy its the lawn guy or a solicitor who leaves the gate wide open. She should have a lock on her gate if she's going to leave the dog outside.