Why Aren't You Watching "Studio 60"?

10/16/2006 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear TMZ readers,

We don't like to preach to you about what you should and shouldn't watch. Love "Dancing With the Stars"? Great. Hate "Grey's Anatomy"? We can forgive that. But you're not watching "Studio 60" and this has to stop. Starting tonight.

You don't need us to tell you how great it is -- every other TV critic has already done that. So, we're not sure what we can say to make you watch it. Um, you liked "The West Wing," right? Same writer. And we know you loved "Friends" -- this has Chandler!

In tonight's episode (10PM ET/PT on NBC), Harriet talks about God with a Vanity Fair reporter while Sting warms up in the background. Yes, that's right -- they've got Sting, too!

So, in closing, please watch "Studio 60." A world where "CSI: Miami" does double the viewership than "Studio 60" is not a world worth living in.

Thanks,

TMZ.com

COMMENTS

Chewi

I bet it's because of Monday Night Football.

Charisma Rules

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, STUDIO 60!!

Cherise

Sunset stinks! Watched the first episode and turned it off before the ending. Love Matthew Perry and Amanda Peet, but get rid of the old dude from taxi and the Wings guy which has his face yanked tight in too many places. The show sucks and thats why I don't watch.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

a) It seems like a good show , but for most of us who don't live in hollywood there is nothing to relate to. A lot of what they talk about assumes we know how hollywood works (drug testing affecting bonding for movies huh?).
b) Not enough laughs - I saw the scene where chandler (don't know his name on that show) broke the window with the bat - not all that funny.
c) Don't like the set - has that amber lighting and since I spend no time backstage it feels strange and not life like (to me)
d) I just can't take that much TV and by the time it is on I am reading and then going to bed.

c

this is a great show!!! if u don't watch anything but this it is worth it! JEEZ!!!

Jason

I am very suprised that this show doesnt have an audience because it is a really good show.

jenirow

I tried to like it but it's so PREACHY! I want to be entertained, not spoon fed Aaron Sorkins political and social viewpoints. That's why I stopped watching West Wing.
30 Rock was more entertaining even though I think it needs a few episodes to reach it's potential. Studio 60 is just too earnest for me.

Lea

hmmm..haven't heard of it. Must try.

Freelols.com

The people at NBC are IDIOTS for airing two shows that are nearly identical in both title and premise.

Suggested name changes for both shows: Canceled and Canceled.

Ellie

This show totally blows. I've tried twice to watch and had to change the channel.

CW

I had heard all the hype about this show before the season started and thought, great, a decent new show to watch.
I was greatly dissappointed. I found it slow, bad timing, and boring. I have not watched it since.
Maybe if the writers put something entertaining in within the hour instead of everyone being miserable we might have something worth watching.

Rob R Barron

Same old, same old....West Wing West.....Who needs ot see Sorkin live out his frigged up life on the screen every week.....

SweetSue

I enjoyed the pilot, but never could get over being annoyed by the miscasting of Amanda Peet. I was going to try to ignore her and watch. (There are many of us who feel the same way, but there is no place to give this feedback.) If she was replaced, I could think about coming back as the rest of the cast is great. The story lines are fun and the fact that it isn't a serial helps a lot as someone can rejoin at any time.

Dolores

I have watched every episode, and I enjoy it very much. It is a classy show and deserves to be given a chance.

Cindy

It was doomed from the start, it has the worst time slot of any show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments