Scary Spice

Pregnant With

Eddie Murphy's Baby

10/17/2006 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, is four months pregnant with Eddie Murphy's baby. The news comes amid rumors that the couple will marry next month.

Melanie Brown and Eddie Murphy
A source tells TMZ that Brown came into the hip Le Bra Lingerie boutique in West Hollywood on Saturday and was gushing about her impending birth.

Brown, who has a 7-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, is a frequent shopper at the store and admitted the pregnancy had her feeling tired. Brown added that she was concerned she may be carrying twins since, she noted, they run in Murphy's family.

While on her shopping spree, Melanie picked up nearly $5,000 worth of Eres lingerie for herself and about $300 worth of La Perla men's undershirts and underwear for Eddie.

In April, Murphy's divorce from his ex-wife Nicole became final. The "Daddy Day Care" star has five children with Nicole and another son from a previous relationship.

Murphy's rep told TMZ "We do not comment on Mr. Murphy's personal life."

Calls to Brown's rep were not immediately returned.

Dee

Sorry Bulldog not true. I had a set of twins, fraternal, no twins on my side nor my parents side . none down the line. Twins did run on my husband's side though

d

UH SCARY YOU CAN'T HAVE TWINS IF IT RUNS ON EDDIE MURPHY'S SIDE! THAT WOULD BE WITHIN THE FEMALE TO DETERMINE TWINS! YOU DUMBASS!

marian millings

why ? why? is he staring a football team, scary whore it aint gonna last. soon you will be, scarygone.

Helen

Sorry guys - looks like the stupid pot calling the kettle black... although fraternal twins can only happen through the mothers line (she can inherit that tendency from either her own mom or dad), identical twins can be caused by either the mothers egg or the fathers sperm causing the embryo to split - maybe you should take that biology class again...

Jennifer

All I can say is THANK THE GOOD LORD that it ain't me having to take care of Eddie's brood.

TheGlimmerman2

Everybody is a critic. Cannot we all just say something positive for both individual? Unless you have witness him engage in a questionable behavior with a man or "tranny" as you eloquently put it, it is just that, a rumors. Let’s leave the rummors for the tabloid and speak positive words, and true words about one another. Just pray for the two of them. God bless you all.
And let’s all not forget to vote.

Jibbie

At four months pregnant, I'd think she would have had brains enough to have already seen a physician, who would have done an ultrasound to see if she were pregnant with twins if she was "getting big" too fast for the time pregnant. I realize she is STUPID about thinking the man has anything to do with having twins, but I sure HOPE she isn't stupid about seeking prenatal care for herself and the child.
Eddie Murphy has a darling ex-wife and I'm sure she will welcome this child into the lives of her children. She is an intelligent and lovely woman and I have felt very sorry for her.

Lin

Sad sad sad. Just toss away a beautiful wife and 5 kids for THIS? Priorities dude..Commitment.

patty

As usual, almost everyone who posts on here likes to call mean and nasty names and pass judgment on people you don't even know. Slut, whore, etc - just plain vicious!

Joanne

#14...I BELIEVE HE DID BACK IN THE DAY. cAN ANYONE SAY ARSENIO HALL??? AS FAR AS THE BABY THING I NEVER UNDERSTAND JUMPING FROM ONE RELATIONSHIP TO ANOTHER SO QUICKLY NOT TO MENTION POPPING OUT A CHILD SO FAST. WHAT DO YOU TELL YOUR OTHER CHILDREN EDDIE? AS FOR SCARY...JUST HER WAY OF BEIN A GOLD DIGGER. SET FOR LIFE NOW. NOW SHE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A REUNION TOUR TO PAY HER BILLS......LMAO!!!!!!

Julie

First of all a pregnant mom does not have a greater chance of having tiwns when they run on the fathers side. Only faternal twins run in family's and it's on the mother's side where it counts! Good luck Eddie and Melanie!

Kimberly

Scary Spice is supposed to be bi....and now she is having his baby...is she really going to be faithful? He had a classy wife. He is only marrying her because she is pregnant.

Bunnie

I can't believe Johnny Gill let Ed get away with this. Ed's already spending their love nest money on child support and alimony.

T

If Eddy keeps producing babies at this rate, we'll be over populated with Eddy Jr.s and Eddy Edda's. Wow, he just keeps going like the energizer bunny. I must say I love Eddy as an actor, he's full of laughs. I have to say that he was nuts to leave his ex who is much more pretty than this gal. But, I hope all goes good for everyone.

Libby

Is this baby going to be called "Scary Baby" after Mel's character in the Spice Girls? It sure does have a "Scary Momma". Eddie, Baby, Pookie, Snookums what the hell were you thinking? Why did you f**k her? She's ugly.