Warrant Issued

for Wesley Snipes

10/17/2006 1:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

snipes_breaking_news_wi-1Wesley Snipes is officially a fugitive of justice. According to the US Attorney's office, a warrant was issued last week after the feds filed charges that the actor defrauded the Internal Revenue Service of millions of dollars.

The "White Men Can't Jump" star is accused of failing to pay nearly $12 million in taxes. Officials allege that Snipes fraudulently claimed refunds in 1996 and 1997, and then failed to file returns between 1999 and 2006.

According to the eight count indictment obtained by TMZ, Snipes and two other defendants, Eddie Ray Kahn and Douglas Rosile, are accused of attempting "through deceit, craft, trickery, and dishonest means to make it appear as if Snipes had no liability for federal income taxes, when in fact defendant Snipes had such liability." Each count carries a maximum prison sentence of five years.

The indictment claims Kahn ran an enterprise promoting fraudulent tax schemes. Rosile was a CPA who allegedly prepared fraudulent tax returns for Kahn's business. According to the charges, Snipes used the services of Kahn and Rosile to defraud the IRS.

The indictment alleges the three men conspired to create a bogus legal argument so Snipes would be exempt from federal income taxes. The feds say in 1997 alone, Snipes fraudulently filed for a refund totalling $7,360,755.00.

As for the whereabouts of the three men, we're told Snipes may be on the lam. Officials say Kahn may have fled to Panama. Rosile has already turned himself in to authorities.

Go Away

Uhhh #9 shut the f*** up. #6 was just mentioning a few areas of the government where our tax dollars "supposedly" go. I don't see anything in there about him being a "fan" of Wesley snipes... no... *reading* no... nothing here except for a bunch of sarcasm and contempt for our government. Oh and thanks for pointing out Wesley Snipes is an all around DICK. You really blew the lid off that one.... F***tard.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Wesley's done a dumb, stupid thing, and he's a criminal and a fugitive from justice, but I've also known of many Caucasian tax-defrauders over the years (including my own family members, who got caught and thrown in prison, BTW. I TRIED to tell them: Feds Don't Play ...)

JEFFREY SCHENKEL

"on the LAMB" ? They might be eating shishkabob ?!

Let's hear it for Spellchecker-induced illiteracy !!

Mad

well i see a lot of people making personal (and racial) attacks here... it isn't the point of his career, or how he treats people. The issue is, it's the law to pay taxes, he didn't (obviously on purpose) now he is hiding? He's going to go to prison. That's all there is to it. But, damn I can't blame him... 12 Million!!!!!! geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! I wouldn't want to pay that either! Rediculous! Where's all this money going again? Hmm.. probably some other country.

Dean

The dumb gets dumber.Face the music. Pay your taxes.Get on the same page as the rest of the world.You can join Richard Hatch in jail.

Afiya

Hey FrogLevel...I'm not racist...I'm BLACK!!! LOL!

Dean

Wesley Snipes is a loser.Face the music,and pay your taxes.

Scott

Yeah, I doubt he'll spend any time in jail.... even though "White Men Can't Jump" alone really should get him 20 to life.

p1tey1

OOOOOwwhhh!!! He in trouble!!!!!!!!

Whogivesash*t

I forgot this is the amarican way guilty till proven inocent i'm not sticking up for him if hes guilty then pay the piper but you all are saying he is guilty just because of your person feeling toward him not the facts

doug

We all know this is a government conspiracy because they have not done anything about the vampire situation in the US. Most of our top political jobs are held by blood sucking individuals and anyone fighting against that has my full support. I suspect he has been captured by a rogue draculonian group and is right now under-going his metamorphises to one of the undead!!!

stillafan

Yes he is an a**hole for not paying his taxes and yes he will deserve exactly what he gets, but he is an awesome actor! I will miss his movies (um, lately the straight to dvd ones have been really good). Plus as someone else posted, he may only get a slap on the hand. He will probably say that he did not know they were filing false returns and stuff like that. He is hiding now to come up with his master plan to continue defrauding the government. BTW, I didn't know it was reported that he hit Halle Berry?? Where have I been that I missed that?? I didn't even know he was married! Of course I did knew if he ever got married it would not be to a sistah (his wife is beautiful though).

Ok

It would be cool if Dog the Bounty Hunter caught him .

Pam Anderson

Dear notafan,

If you really are black then you need serious long term therapy to help you sort through some deep seated issues. However, I don't actually believe you, I think you're more likely hmm I dunno, a caucasian, right or wrong?

gposner

He Weszley...He Kool...Re: White Men Can't Jump.....Boy...White men don't HAVE to jump!!! You got that boy? Huh? You like living here, boy? Do ya, boy?
Then pays you taxes likes da rest of us fools.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments