Warrant Issued

for Wesley Snipes

10/17/2006 1:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

snipes_breaking_news_wi-1Wesley Snipes is officially a fugitive of justice. According to the US Attorney's office, a warrant was issued last week after the feds filed charges that the actor defrauded the Internal Revenue Service of millions of dollars.

The "White Men Can't Jump" star is accused of failing to pay nearly $12 million in taxes. Officials allege that Snipes fraudulently claimed refunds in 1996 and 1997, and then failed to file returns between 1999 and 2006.

According to the eight count indictment obtained by TMZ, Snipes and two other defendants, Eddie Ray Kahn and Douglas Rosile, are accused of attempting "through deceit, craft, trickery, and dishonest means to make it appear as if Snipes had no liability for federal income taxes, when in fact defendant Snipes had such liability." Each count carries a maximum prison sentence of five years.

The indictment claims Kahn ran an enterprise promoting fraudulent tax schemes. Rosile was a CPA who allegedly prepared fraudulent tax returns for Kahn's business. According to the charges, Snipes used the services of Kahn and Rosile to defraud the IRS.

The indictment alleges the three men conspired to create a bogus legal argument so Snipes would be exempt from federal income taxes. The feds say in 1997 alone, Snipes fraudulently filed for a refund totalling $7,360,755.00.

As for the whereabouts of the three men, we're told Snipes may be on the lam. Officials say Kahn may have fled to Panama. Rosile has already turned himself in to authorities.

divalasvegas

Wesley, Wesley, Wesley. He is going to be the child bride of cell block b. What was he thinking? The IRS doesn't play, remember what happened to Willie Nelson? If Wesley is on the run, he's only going to make a bad situation worse. All I can say, is, don't drop the soap. Maybe Leavenworth won't be so bad, out in Kansas, a more laid back lifestyle, a new boyfriend every night....

Jon

Wesley-I know ur out there somewhere, somehow, somehow, i know ur out there somewhere, somewhere u can hear the IRS's VOICE!

John

Ok, for all of you who even jokingly think Wesley Snipes is gonna end up someone's prison bitch,I beleive I read somewhere that ol' Wes has black belts in a couple of different martial arts.
Secondly. I hope he gets away with a slap on his wrist for not paying his taxes because ultra-rich CEOs shouldn't be the only ones who get away light for tax evasion.
Thirdly, when did Wesley Snipes hit Halle Berry? Did I sleep through that?

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

My dialogue with my own tax-frauding (once)-wealthy relative went something like this -- HIM: "You know, I've figured out a way I can legally NOT pay income tax." ME: "Uh, I don't think that's possible." HIM: "Sure it is; I haven't paid taxes in 4 years." ME: "You know they're gonna eventually notice, and I don't think they'll be too thrilled. You'd better pay your taxes." HIM: "No, no, no; it's all cool. It's all legal. ME: "Don't think so. Don't see how. You're gonna wind up in the slammer." HIM: "You worry too much. Here, have another drink." FADE TO 1 1/2 YEARS LATER: He's a long-term guest of the federal government, his wife's gone, and his business no longer exists. He's flat busted in every way possible. MORAL: Wesley, give it up. Pay your taxes, man.

John C jackson

I do pay taxes, FWIW. However some of these "tax protestors" do have SOME ( other of their ideas are just wing-nuttery) valid ideas/thoughts/grievances.

For example, it is interesting that when requested the Feds have failed to show simple laws they claim to exist that no one has ever seen.

I am not one of the "tax protestors" of that ilk. I believe ( just as our country did until a little less than a century ago) that direct personal federal income taxes are immoral and a form of slavery. However, I also believe the 16 Amendment ( one was required because income taxes were UNCONSTITUTIONAL up to that point) IS valid and it is a the law- just not a very good one and the IRS is a terribly run extra-governmental body.

And yes, many rich right-wing white dudes have done much worse and gotten off.

jay

some of you people think you are actually talking to "Snipes", wich makes you seem more Blind than he is for thinking he would not be noticed for this Scandal. Anyway he has done what Soooo many others around the world have done, and the thing that killz me is that these people are already rich!!! where does greed Stop? Aparently there is no sky to high for greed...... So in conclusion, can we look to a mirror and honestly point out our own greeds?!
What goes around, comes around, rite!!!!

Critic

I fought alot of vampires in the Blade movies, but they ain't nothin' compared to the IRS!

Dave Tino Jr.

Didn't Wesley play a fugitive in U.S. Marshalls?! Nice, art imitating life. Just like Robert Downey Jr. and his role in Less Than Zero. All that dough and you can't pay taxes on it?! You get what you deserve buddy, maybe you can box while your in prison, oh wait already did that role too!!

linda

WESTLY, IN BLADE YOU TALKED THE TALK AND WALKED THE WALK. LETS SEE IF YOU CAN DO THE SAME FOR UNCLE SAM.. NOT PAYING TAXES IS NOT A GOOD THING. I HAVE TO PAY THEM AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE I KNOW. IT'S NOT FAIR TO SKIP OUT ON UNCLE SAM.

sourapples

If they find him and he ends up doing some time in jail.. maybe someone will hit him in the ear so he can see what it feels like.

I never could stand his acting and thouhgt he was full of himself when he did not get the lead in Shaft. He said the film would have made more if he would have been in it.

R.

To: # 18, Jen.......

Your defense of #6 is pathetic. Shut the f*** up yourself and go to college......

Art

This is not an issue about race, or I know so many that is doing the same thing. He defrauded us, the tax payers and now he has to pay for it. I, like so many, pay my taxes and I don't make millions. So why are those that make a lot of money, like that liberal Soros, find ways or simple cheat in order to avoid paying taxes.

jerry

didn't know that color had anything to do with taxes.

Vivian

gotta see this one NO ONE HAS TO PAY TAXES THE WHOLE THING IS A SCAM!!!
Check it out people.....