Nancy Grace Under Fire

10/18/2006 7:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comImpressionists have long been lampooning public figures like presidents, rock stars and actors. But it seems the latest target of flattery (isn't that what they say imitation is the sincerest form of?) is none other than Nancy Grace.

The acerbic talk show host and former prosecutor has been parodied on three different shows in just the past two weeks alone.

On Monday night's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," the biggest sketch of the night on the fictional show within a show was a Nancy Grace sketch in which Grace tried to get to the bottom of a shocking story ... about a college girl who lost her cell phone.

"Saturday Night Live" took a swipe at Grace in their October 7 show with a "Nancy Grace Show" sketch in which Grace probed deeper into the Mark Foley scandal -- while also trying to figure out who moved her chair.

"I think someone moved my chair," "SNL" star Amy Poehler says several times in character

Meanwhile on FOX's "Justice," their crime show within the show is hosted by a short-haired blonde woman, though a slightly younger version of our friend Nancy Grace.

And over on "Boston Legal," another show within a show is hosted by Gracie Jane, who comments on the cases that the law firm on the show handles.

"You have got to gag this woman," one character says to William Shatner's character.

"I would love to," he responds.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

sgv21

Hey #28 read it again the long boring dude said 2 years younger, in like the 15th paragraph. By the way Nancy Grace is an annoying bitch. Steveo OUT!!!!!

Anti-eden

Re: #63
As Kierkegaard said, "If you label me, you negate me." It's the lowest form of discussion -- you're a jerk, no you're a jerk, no you're a jerk. Childish and serving no purpose except to lower the quality of debate. An easy shot, a cheap shot. (As I said, I don't belong to either party -- it's too limiting. I'm not defending the Republicans any more than I'm praising them, Democrats either, I'm only confused by how they became part of the topic...other than chest beating.)

And for the record, I was disgusted by Nancy Grace's self-serving behavior towards Ms. Duckett. I thought it was a rude, manufactured, posturing attitude designed to make Grace seem like someone who cares about the victims of crimes -- when in fact it seems, especially after watching over a period of time, that her concern for victims is based upon how such posturing can benefit her own popularity and standing. I see Nancy Grace as using victims for her own gain -- disturbing when you consider how *all* facets of the media use these people who deserve compassion. How many times have you seen your local new media say, "family murdered and only channel 4 brings you the whole story," or something to that effect. Nancy Grace is nothing more than another example of that...

terradale

She should be taken off the air - she's dangerous. self-righteous, delusional individual who only cares about ratings. I'm surprised how easily her fans are manipulated - that in itself is scarey.

Has she even solved a case? Even the local newspaper in Ocala where the tragic Trenton Duckett case is - ripped her apart for her (non) part in the case.

She's just a bully and a joke. I'm shocked CNN keeps her on the air (creditability vs ratings .)

At best - she's a Geico commercial. (Even Little Richard knows he's a parody of himself.)

Eden

#75 - Lovinit - my pleasure.

Mary Worth

Thank you, Eden, et al. for your strong positions. Obviously, I'm not a Nancy Grace groupie, because I strongly feel she needs to be reined in!

Opinion

#73 You are right, I stand corrected.
There was no mention of her fiance's exact age at the time of the murder.
Do you have that info? It said he was 2 years younger than Nancy claimed.

Opinion

#46- Yes, I saw Elizabeth Smart rip Nancy a new one. Rarely victims live to tell their story to Nancy Grace or anyone else for that matter. Elizabeth firmly stood her ground and held her own in the face of Nancy Grace. Elizabeth had every right to get mad. Nancy had no choice but to back down. Did you see the look on Elizabeth's face? Elizabeth will NEVER be any one's victim AGAIN!

Evelyn

Why is there all this bashing on Republicans? Nancy Grace is a DEMOCRAT... she gave 1,000 dollars to Hillary Clinton...

Eden

#80 - if he was 2 years younger at the time of the murder he would have been 19 at the time (it happened in 1979 and NG was born in 1958 - IF you can believe her statement about her date of birth). She would have been 21 at the time.

Opinion

#82- Thank-you.

can't even joke about this one

wow- in a sea of defense attorney's on t.v & in practice everywhere; I find it so commendable & heartening that someone like Nancy Grace would have the courage/gall/guts whatever any of us would call it to finally say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!
Call a spade a spade! Stop always having to cater to the criminals- wow- so, some people don't like it when she is abrasive! AND? so was every rapist, murderer,child molester,armed robber out there not abrasive? Give me a break? Nancy Grace at the very least; asks the questions that so many people don't have the courage to ask anyone for fear of not being "politically correct" It may make people uncomfortable but if it wereyour child were missing or hurt or worse.......
Guess what people surprise!! Nancy Grace is on your side no matter!she just believes that you should be accountable for your actions. Is that too much to ask for?
When was the last time we actually made ourselves,our children,etc; accountable?

Barbara Steinberg

Nancy Grace's Church

Nancy is working with St. Paul's Methodist Church in Biloxi, Mississippi, doing construction, to help rebuild the homes of Katrina victims. She heard about the project through her church in New York: Christ Church United Methodist, on 60th Street and Park Ave in Manhattan.

Many critics accuse her of beating the drum for the Christian right-wing fundamentalist agenda and culture. When I heard what church she goes to, this couldn't possibly be true.

Manhattan's great churches are stratospherically wealthy with world class sacred art, artifacts, stained-glass windows, acoustics, architecture, and professional New York choruses that draw singers from all the New York opera companies. At holiday time, they hire the best professional New York musicians to accompany their services. The real estate alone of Christ Church United Methodist could be worth $40 million.

The parishioners are the exact cultural and political opposite of the evangelicals Nancy's detractors say she represents. They are moderate, tolerant, cultured, intellectual, sophisticated people.

Here is a sermon given at Christ Church United Methodist on October 1, 2006. If Nancy goes every week, she would have heard this sermon. It was on Fundamentalist Christianity.

It starts out...

"In the few minutes I have this morning, I want to talk with you about religious fundamentalism. I want to do this for a number of reasons, but chief among them is that fundamentalisms of various sorts have been getting a lot of play in the media over these last years, and their presentation tends to cloud the perception of many people about the nature of healthy religion, healthy faith practice, healthy spirituality. All this fundamentalism stuff has been polarizing our national and global environments, our cultural and political conversations."

The whole sermon can be read here:

This sermon is an excellent example of what the Northeastern intellectual elite-faithful thinks of the Jerry Falwell - Pat Robertson nation.

I hear a lot of love in Nancy's voice for her Southern roots and culture. I hear many Southern accents in her callers. But I have a feeling that with her success, she now lives the life of an Upper East Side Manhattan sophisticate, personally driven by a deep empathy for victims of crime, disaster, unfairness, and poverty.

Christian in philosophy to be sure, but the moderate, inclusive kind, not the fundamentalist stripe.

Dennis Tatomir

Nancy (Dis)Grace should be shot! The most
useless female on CNN now! I am so glad her
b/f is gone. I really doubt if she will be or is
dating someone now. If so, get out fast. Not only
annoying & sickening, she is also very bitter & I
see why no one likes her on CNN. Ted Turner,
please FIRE her now. I am so surprised a man like
you could have this person on your staff! Maybe
she is good at a fast food place, lol! Doubt it!

SARAH BURNS

NANCY MY HUSBAND THINKS YOU ARE WONDERFUL, HE NEVER MISSES YOUR SHOW AND WANTS TO ASK YOU HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE WAY THE ELECTIONS HAVE TURNED OUT. HE LOVES YOUR OPPIONS AND WILL EVEN TURN OFF A FOOT BALL SHOW TO WATCH YOU, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, MAYBE WE CAN GET SOME ONE LIKE YOU ON THE DISABLE PEOPLES SIDE OF ALL OF THIS AND WIN IN THE LONG RUN, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP UP THE WORK, THANK YOU SARAH BURNS

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6