Anna Nicole's Son Buried After 39 Days

10/19/2006 3:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Over a month after Anna Nicole's son died of a drug overdose in the Bahamas, TMZ has confirmed that the body of Daniel Smith will finally be laid to rest today.

The private ceremony will be held in Nassau later this afternoon. According to published reports, roughly 25 people are scheduled to be in attendance.

Daniel will reportedly be buried in his favorite clothes which include a trucker cap, t-shirt and blue jeans.

According to Entertainment Tonight, Anna Nicole is set to wear a black dress and veil specially made for the occasion by famed designer and close friend Pol Atteu. Atteu also made Anna's wedding gown for her impromptu commitment ceremony to Howard K. Stern last month.

Daniel Smith died in the Bahamas on September 10 while visiting his mother who had just given birth to a baby girl.

lise

crazy that it would take 39 days to bury her son, apparently she needed to have her designer gown done first so she can appropriately pose her self for the cameras, just pathetic, even if she did have to wait due to legalities folicking in the ocean and a mock ""marriage" ceremony before dealing with the burial is disgusting i hope larry turns out to be the father and not that wack job stern some one needs to take care of that little girl properly ...Daniellynn? creepy why couldnt u think of a new name anna? shes not daniel and could never be very creeepy

Tommie

I DON'T EVEN LIKE TO HAVE TO GO HERE, BUT, ......HONESTLY, THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS. I CANNOT BEGIN TO COMPREHEND WHY THE LAW OR THE COURTS HAVEN'T STEPPED IN AND CONTROLLED THIS WHOLE SITUATION A LONG TIME AGO. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING ON? ANYBODY WITH EVEN AN OUNCE OF A BRAIN CAN SEE THAT THIS WOMAN IS EITHER MENTALLY SICK OR IS A HEARTLESS, SELFISH, LOW LIFED PERSON AND SHE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO MAKE ANY DESCISIONS ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF THE LAW AND/OR THE COURTS. ARE THEY WAITING ON SOMETHING TERRIBLE TO HAPPEN TO THE BABY BEFORE THEY STEP IN AND REALIZE THAT SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG WITH ANNA NICOLE. EVEN THOUGH HE IS GONE, I FEEL SO SORRY FOR DANIEL BECAUSE HE WAS SO DISRESPECTED IN LIFE AS HE WAS IN DEATH AND I JUST HOPE THAT NOW HE IS FINALLY GETTING THE HAPPINESS, THE LOVE AND THE RESPECT THAT HE SO MUCH DESERVED IN LIFE.

Lauren

I do feel that Anna is devastated over the death of Daniel but she also seems to be loving the publicity. Why is she having a special outfit made for the funeral!!

paula

I am so glad she found the time to finally lay him to rest...may he FINALLY be at peace.

And may she FINALLY get her ass in rehab OR into the looney bin.

ANGIE

FOR THOSE WHO JUDGE,YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN SHE IS, GOD WILL BE THE FINAL JUDGE. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW CRAZY I WOULD BE IF I LOST A CHILD. IT IS WONDERFUL DANIEL CAN NOW REST IN PEACE.
MAY GOD BLESS US AND BE WITH US ALL.

Black Sheep

Lisa, I hear you. And although I try to be the most compassionate person I can be I have to say this is the oddest reaction to losing a child I have EVER heard of. Changing the name of the baby from Hannah to Dannilynn. Having a commitment ceremony so soon after (and looking happy I might add). And then having this gown/veil (a veil?!) ensom designer made? It's either someone with mental probs or someone utterly camp!

Allred Tree

Maybe she thinks "a Jackie Kennedy-type" outfit will bring a tag of respect to this whole disrespectful spectacle! Did she have a special mourning outfit made when she buried her husband?

j

Holly,

his name is Daniel and to the rest of you, get a life, let her do as she pleases. Try to show some respect for a family in mourning. You are all so judgemental and nasty--I hope nobody close to nay of you dies--then when your friends say nasty things about you, don't be surprised.

miz

Everybody is so down on Anna. I personally can't stand her, but she is about 3 IQ points lower than Forest Gump. She is a She-Gump. I don't think she can comprehend right from wrong because of her Gumpness. It just shows how wrong it is to give someone too much applause for their looks rather than accomplishments (No, playmate of the year does NOT count) or smarts or character.

Jen

Maybe she waited so long so she could make sure the officials were done with his body and would not need to dig it up again. It is not uncommon for bodies to be dug up to continue an investigation. I would rather wait to bury someone than to fear they would be dug up again and feel the pain of buring them all over again.

anonymous

You people are so damned ignorent! Who gives a flying fu*k about when she decided to bury her son! Have any of you lost a loved one? Do you know what that feels like? Well I can sympathize with her, let me tell you it sucks!! Let"s hope you careless s.o.b's never have to go through it, cause believe me you will be changing your tune!!! As for COLLEEN, you are a F*cking dumb*ss!! Lots of parents keep thier childrens names similar. God Forbid if one dies, you can't name your second child similar to the first one. Anyways, her name is DANNYLYNN, not Daniel, Dumb*ss!!!!!

keith austin

what a stupid bitch!!!! its all about her. what about the son??? if she had a brain , she would take it out , and play with it.what a sorry example of a mother.
god bless that young man.

James

"screaming and wailing could be heard coming from the tent" - well, I guess.
Pics on Indside Edition tonite!

James

wonder if she's getting a new designer wardrobe for her appearance in family court next week? ya think

rhonda

first things first, with him having to do an autopsy, it can take a while before his body is released to be buried. when my cousin was killed in iraq during the war, it took close to a month for the body to return and to be laid to rest. People do this more often then you know. Most people keep the body on ice just so they can set a date where everyone can come together for the funeral. Right now, unless you ever lost a child or someone close to you, none of you all have the right to down Anna. She is grieving, she lost a son, and no matter what she does in her personal life, it still is no business of yours. Unless you personally have to take care of her or her child your words means nothing. Lastly someone wrote about how sick it was to name her daughter after her son...I named my daughter after my sister who past...it's called honoring the person and allowing for their name to live on through a new body. People do it all the time. Get a life people