Anna Nicole's Son Buried After 39 Days

10/19/2006 3:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Over a month after Anna Nicole's son died of a drug overdose in the Bahamas, TMZ has confirmed that the body of Daniel Smith will finally be laid to rest today.

The private ceremony will be held in Nassau later this afternoon. According to published reports, roughly 25 people are scheduled to be in attendance.

Daniel will reportedly be buried in his favorite clothes which include a trucker cap, t-shirt and blue jeans.

According to Entertainment Tonight, Anna Nicole is set to wear a black dress and veil specially made for the occasion by famed designer and close friend Pol Atteu. Atteu also made Anna's wedding gown for her impromptu commitment ceremony to Howard K. Stern last month.

Daniel Smith died in the Bahamas on September 10 while visiting his mother who had just given birth to a baby girl.

RightorWrong

People grieve in their own different ways. Some people have a hard time of letting go. Burying her son, Daniel was the final goodbye. I'm sure it was the hardest day of her life as it would be for any of us to bury our loved one. Also, how many people can stay that they did not buy a new article of clothing for a funeral where you were the chief mourner? It's not unusual for a family to wait weeks at a time to bury their loved one for some reason or another. Just be respectful of other people's personal decisions. God's Speed, Daniel.

Oralia lenny

Our Maker will be the final judge. so it does not matter what we think of ANS actions, she herself will someday be judged and will have to answer. so let her do as she pleases. Let the media help her with all her wacky actions, in the end we have no say so as to what she can/cannot do. I do agree with all who said she should have brought him home so loved ones could say their "goodby's" they too needed to have closure in their own ways.

Tyshawn Zackery

Honestly......
GOD does not make any mistakes.
One has a birthdate and One has a deathdate.
Everybody comes in to this world with a purpose.
Daniel definitely served his purpose and now GOD needs him for his purpose.

Ty, a concerned mommy

Brady

Why didn't she have Daniel creamated? that way she could bring his ashes with her back to California.
I would much rather be creamated than lying around waiting to be burried.

DD

This is what happens when southern trailer trash reproduce. It is a look into the future of Brittany Spears. May you rest in Peace Daniel!!!

Tommie

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO HAVE COMPASSION FOR ANNA NICOLE. I TOO AM THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS TO FIND THE POSITIVE SIDE OF PEOPLE AND I CAN'T STAND TO HEAR ALL OF THESE HATEFUL COMMENTS ON THESE BLOGS, BUT THIS ONE IS NOT LIKE OTHERS. PLEASE DON'T TRY TO COMPARE YOUR SITUATION WITH ANNA NICOLES SITUATION BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. UNLESS YOU ARE MENTALLY ILL OR A TOTALLY LOW LIFED PERSON, YOUR SITUATION AND ANNA NICOLES SITUATION CAN'T BE COMPARED. PERIOD!!! GIVE YOURSELF MORE CREDIT THAN THAT. THE ONLY ONES THAT YOUR HEART SHOULD GO OUT TO IS DANIEL AND DANNIELYNN. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT NEED ALL OF THE COMPASSION AND PRAYERS THAT THEY CAN GET!!

Vivling

I am so tired of that 'your time is up' nonsense #47. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Rather it says that chance & circumstance befall all men. This is what it was, a chance & circumstance.

The preachers need to actually be forced to read their Bibles cover to cover before they get in front of a congregation & repeat urban myths.

I've read the Bible cover to cover a dozen times or more & I know what I'm talking about.

Michele

Its about f***in time, I only took over a month. I'm sorry, her beloved son deserved better than to lay in a morgue for 39 days. And why all of a sudden is his body being buried in Nassau. Is Anna afraid to go back to the United States, you bet she is.

And who has an outfit and veil custom make for the son's funeral. Why? She is going to turn this into a three ring circle. She is going to be decked up and she is burying her son in a truckers cap, T-shirt and Jeans. Doesn't he deserve better.

This is one more ploy of hers to not have to take a paternity test. She is unfit to raise a baby.

Daniel, may be finally rest in peace. You are now with you maker. Good Bye Daniel, you will be missed.

Janette

She is a wack job, why is she even in the news?

bella bleau

Anna had the same designer do her funeral AND wedding attire? Not to mention she had her wedding while Daniel was still on ice. No comment! Use your own judgement.

rumor is ugly

As a mother who has recently lost a 17 year old son unexpectantly in a freak accident (see website for details) I can understand everything that Anna N. Smith has done. Let me ask this - to all parents - what were you like BEFORE you had children? Did you change AFTER? Of course you did! We ALL did! And so it goes for a parent who has LOST a beloved child. As much as your life changed for the better when you had your children, so too does is change after a death - only it's not for the better. It's sad, and hard and tiring, and crazy, and desperate, and only a parent who has lost a child can understand the craziness that goes on after your child dies. Now add a birth on top of that! She has no privacy to grieve in peace, she has raging hormones from just having had achild, and you want to pass judgement on her? Not me. I'd like toextend her my hand and hug her and tell her how very sorry I am that she has to go through the absolute worst thing any human must face. I would do the world good if we tried our hardest to understand a parent in deep pain and to try to help them instead of laughing at them becuase they did something strange. Visit my son's webstie an dread the memorical candles, many of them will make you cry. Because it's sad. And the phone call I received in my dream - talk about guilt! Death of a beloved child is by far the worst thing that can ever happen to you. Pray it never happens to you.

lucille peabody

NO WONDER ANNA ACTS NUTS DID YOU PEOPLE READ WHAT YOU WROTE ABOUT HER.

Caitlyn

Everyone reacts differently to the death of a loved one. its disgusting to mock someone or trash talk them in this situation. nobody except her knows how she feels and i send my prayers to lori, everyone should hope and pray that they never have to bury their child.

Patty

She should have jumped in that hole right after him, what a nutcase. After 39 days, the poor kid finally gets a proper burial, but in the BAHAMAS where her less financially well off relatives can't even visit his grave. Yelling "I'm sorry" as he's lowered into the ground and having your mourning outfit be made by a designer (God, let's not hope THAT is what held up his burial), is just melodramatic. One minute she's drugged, the next getting married and swimming in the ocean in apparent bliss in her wedding dress, then she's throwing herself on her kid's casket. I totally feel for her losing a child, I don't think anyone human cannot feel sorry for that, but she sure has a bizarre way of grieving. And watching her mother on TV and hearing her say they all think HKS isolated her, changed the numbers, wouldn't let her friends or family see her - I think an investigation into possible homicide is warranted. If Larry Birkhead is the father, I hope he gets custody. NO BABY deserves to be brought into ANS's trainwreck of a life and the nutjobs who surround her. Poor kid doesn't stand a chance.

VB

While I have never lost a child to death I have had a child runaway from Home.....that itself puts you in a form of grief similar to losing a child to death......Yes Anna is strange and yes her son funeral should have taken presidence over everything else......but in grief you do things in a strange way I can see Anna wanting to find a few minutes of joy or feel loved......the circumstances surrounding his death did hold the arrangements up temporairly and then the questions of where to bury him had to play a part.......she has stated that she wants to live on the island so burying him there makes sense.....what kind of red tape would she have encountered to bury him there would play a part also........now the dress thing is totally out there unless her friend the designer asked her to let him do the dress as his way of comforting her instead of flowers.......naming her daughter after the much loved brother is sorta sweet when you think of it.....I am concerened about who will raise the baby but as neither partent seems stable at the moment guess we will just have to wait to see........Daniel from all accounts turned out to be a fine young man........at least that is what is being reported .....give the lady a break and try to see past the disgust you feel for her and try to to feel some of her grief......let her heal before you go back to tearing her to pieces again......no matter what you think about her personnally she is a person who loved her son deeply...